X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WillsFromThaU21
    • Mar 2005

MALCOLM KELLY...

if malcolm kelly becomes a workout warrior on the 9th, will you guys think hes worth the 11th pick ? Say he runs a 4.4- 4.51 forty, has a 37 vertical, and benches 20-25 times of 225lbs. At first i was all for drafting DRC with the first pick. After watching in their own word featuring Terrell Owens and how phyiscal he is at 6'3'' 225 pounds it made me think more about Malcolm Kelly...Now im not saying that Malcolm is the next T.O. but kelly being 6'4'' 224 pounds i could def. see him being very similiar to Brandon Marshall. Take a look at what Marshall did during his Pro day.http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=16404.
    He has the same build as Kelly.Now just last year he had a break out season with over 100 cathces and 7 TDs With Rod Smith on the opposite side of him. Now imagine Kelly on the opposite side of Evans...to me it just makes the offense much better.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: MALCOLM KELLY...

Regardless of 40 times and vertical leaps, Kelly has been very productive, has the best hands in the draft (one drop in 2 seasons), is good over the middle, blocks well and can go long. To me, productivity is far more important than any other single factor.

If his knees are OK, I think he's our pick.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      Regardless of 40 times and vertical leaps, Kelly has been very productive, has the best hands in the draft (one drop in 2 seasons), is good over the middle, blocks well and can go long. To me, productivity is far more important than any other single factor.

but if Dorsey is still there ............
      The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

So is McShay still a dumb ass then?

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Yes

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Honestly, answer me honestly...

Did anyone actually know that he has had only 1 drop in two seasons BEFORE the recent draft video stating that? I will admit I didnt.

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
              Honestly, answer me honestly...

Did anyone actually know that he has had only 1 drop in two seasons BEFORE the recent draft video stating that? I will admit I didnt.
              NOT AT ALL.....HONESTLY I never heard his name that much till the last half of last year...
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• historypete
                • Feb 2005

If his knees check out and there is no arthritis, I'd prefer they grab him at #11. If there are major concerns, I'd try to trade down and see what we can aquire because Kelly, Sweed or Thomas will be there. I do not want a CB in round 1. We need to address some of the offensive holes we have before going D again.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

I would like to have a healthy Kelly, so it's a coin toss. The Bills medical staff has to clear this cat before he goes off that early. Most WR's take years to develop and health has alot to do with it. Kelly also is used to 12 games season against college secondaries and has never known the type of abuse that the NFL dishes out.

Really big question mark behind him on the future health level as well. Personally I'd like to see the Bills get him by moving up in the draft in the late 1st and grabbing him with a 2nd pick, after taking Harvey.

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                    I would like to have a healthy Kelly, so it's a coin toss. The Bills medical staff has to clear this cat before he goes off that early. Most WR's take years to develop and health has alot to do with it. Kelly also is used to 12 games season against college secondaries and has never known the type of abuse that the NFL dishes out.

Really big question mark behind him on the future health level as well. Personally I'd like to see the Bills get him by moving up in the draft in the late 1st and grabbing him with a 2nd pick, after taking Harvey.
                    As per Jaurons comments, they already cleared him as being healthy.

Comment

• colin
                      Drew's my hero!
                      • Jul 2002

if he is healthy and puts up those top flight numbers we gotta grab him at 11.

at ou he was a decoy or blocker on most plays (big running team) but was called on to catch the big ball (in distance and in importance) and did so. he's a guy who can have a lot of focus all game -- since we will prolly still grind that makes him perfect.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

I am a huge fan of Kelly, i also want D THomas as well, basically what i am saying is no to CB and no to D with the 1st to picks on day 1, we did nothing but add to the D in FA which is a good thing, but only signing Teyo Johnson, and Coutrney Anderson and Darious Barnes are all cast off bums who will be nothing more than camp fodder i hope

We need to add weapons sorry REEd and Jenkins wont cut it at WR and we need a TE that can do anything, Please let us take DThoams or KElly at 11
                        Bennett TE in rd 2 and Schmitt in the 4th for FB
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

I admit when it came to highlight videos for WR's Kelly's was the most impressive. He made numerous one handed grabs, catches balls thrown at his knees etc.. It seems to me kelly has a nice set of soft sticky hands (ewww!, that doesn't sound right)

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

ya this guy, if hes healthy, needs to be a bill. plus he is supposed to have great character, and we know how much the bills value that asset.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

funny thing is that the "experts" always say that there is no "calvin" in this draft. what did calvin do last year? get dinged up every game? never take over the 2nd wr spot?

dont get me wrong. he made some great plays that flash that super star potential, but so did brandon lloyd on a handful of catches.

i guess my point is that kelly could play like terrell owens or kelly could play like russell copeland. I have no idea.

He has had a productive college career and he looks like he will have a bright future. So does Thomas and Sweed and about 4 or 5 other guys.

i will be happy with whatever wr we take, as long as we take one of the most talented guys that fits what our team needs (tall).
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X