X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

As perceive by me: psychological differences between JP and TE

You ever been in a fight, physically or otherwise? Well, if you have been in a lot, you will notice that the ones you think your going to win, you win. Scared, you probably won't. Heck, even in poker "scared money, don't make money". What I'm trying to say is, a lot of everything you do has to do with your confidence. In yourself, and your confidence in others. If you think your a ten, your be a lot closer then if you think your a 5. Not saying you will automatically be a ten by thinking it, just saying you will be a lot better off. Heck, what was the GI Joe saying? "Knowing is half the battle"? It is half in your head.

First, I want to say I disagree he had more bad plays then good plays. And, I'm not saying a win or loss can ever be pinned on one person. But, don't you think if JP was trying less to personally win games, he could have increased his chances of not personally losing them?

That is what having a poor supporting cast will do to you to. It makes you fell like you have to be the one to make the play. JP isn't afraid to be the leader. Take the blame. Shoot the three at the buzzer. GO FOR THE WIN.

Some people would rather the guy who has shown he can be consistently mediocre. The guy who seems to rely more on the supporting cast, and feels they are a supporting cast member. The guy who plays within himself, and doesn't try to play above himself.

I want the guy who won't settle for second place even if he is second best. The guy with the confidence to feel he is the guy who can get it done. The guy who will try with everything he has to drag his team across the line.

I want the guy that can, and will, scramble all over the backfield on third and 8, with four minutes left in the 4th quarter, trying with everything he has to buy 1 more second for Josh Reed to get open, with the theme song to Rocky in his head (especially when we have a crappy defense), and force it in where it HAS to be, because he knows if he doesn't do it, no one will (was that a run on?).

I don't want the guy who throws it away. Like he is thinking, "I'm not forcing an interception here and facing all those media questions. I did that once already. Lets just punt and hope the crap D holds. Heck, it is just a job".

Now I'm not saying I think TE will only be consistently mediocre. And, I'm not saying he won't gain a swagger. And, I'm not saying I can read minds. I think it is entirely too early to be sure. But, I just don't think he has the state-of-mind JP does.

And, I'm not saying I am entirely sure JP is the next Farve. But, what I am saying is, no way am I giving up on this young man right now when he has had all the cards stacked against him. When he has shown flashes of brilliance. When he oozes with so much self confidence. When he is so physically talented. When he speaks and seemingly thinks so respectfully, smartly, and with so much integrity. When his teammates respect him, and some openly call for him to start in the media.

Has a Bills player ever called TE the better QB in the media? In fact, how often does a team's star receiver say he feels the backup should start?

This kid JP is a special football player, I can just feel it, and see it. And, I think with adequate talent around him to take some of the "I have to" pressure off, he will flourish. And, when this guy flourishes, I hope he is still a Buffalo Bill.

I think TE can be a respectable 8. I would take that. There have been some highly successful eights over the years. But I think JP can be a 10. And, I think JP thinks he can be a 10.
    Last edited by yordad; 04-03-2008, 07:19 PM.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: As perceive by me: psychological differences between JP and TE

We think alike yordad... I'll absolutely hate it when we're still searching for "the guy" and JP's leading his new team to wins.

I do still hold out hope that somehow JP remains a Bill for years to come.

Others will be beside themselves with hatred though.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
        • Feb 2005

Very constructive TD. I bet they love you in Gym class.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad

But I think JP can be a 10. And, I think JP thinks he can be a 10.
          I wish JP would play like a 10. Or even a 6.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by draz54
            Very constructive TD.
            Thanks.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

yordad, remember when you asked if I could be more subjective? Yes, I could have written something like that.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Jaybird
                • Dec 2005

Well said!

He will be around for one last chance!

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

I thanked your post for a reason....

it never ceases to amaze me the mental gymnastics people will do in order to convince themselves that some athletically gifted but dim-witted, under-producing quarterback is really just one throw (or having a Pro Bowl supporting cast) short of being the hero that is inside each and every one of us.

Let me help you out of your coma...

JP Losman has an absolute cannon but can't read a defense even with Bill Belichick stealing signals for him.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Philagape
                    yordad, remember when you asked if I could be more subjective? Yes, I could have written something like that.
                    Thank you. That was my goal. It is an opinion piece. I thought the title was a good clue. I do enough factual. I enjoyed writing it, and I hope you enjoyed reading it.
                    Originally posted by coastal
                    I thanked your post for a reason....

it never ceases to amaze me the mental gymnastics people will do in order to convince themselves that some athletically gifted but dim-witted, under-producing quarterback is really just one throw (or having a Pro Bowl supporting cast) short of being the hero that is inside each and every one of us.

Let me help you out of your coma...

JP Losman has an absolute cannon but can't read a defense even with Bill Belichick stealing signals for him.
                    How sweet. That was a good back-handed compliment. A little more hand then compliment, but hey. Opinions, everyone has one.
                    Last edited by yordad; 04-03-2008, 10:29 PM.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                      • Sep 2004

Great post, man!
                      The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• colin
                        Drew's my hero!
                        • Jul 2002

that's nice and all, but trent is a stud.

he came out of high school the 2nd rated prospect (next to vince young) and went to the stanford program he always loved. the team stank and he did his best to carry them.

jp went to ucla, the school he loved, and was on the bench so he got sad and transfered to tulane (much much lesser football school). when the going got tough, jp scurried away.

that along with that fact that jp has had more coaching and breaks than any other qb in Blo history yet still looks like a scatter brained rookie out there (he doesn't work hard enough) tells me jp's psychology isn't a damn think like you say it is. if it were, he wouldn't fade away so badly as he has.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

I'd like to know your definition of a "stud", because Trent is ugly.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

I think JP has more physical ability than Trent, but Trent has shown better poise, pocket presence, and ability to read defenses.

That said, I would like to see JP have a shot, at least in camp, to show what he can do with the better receiving talent and Offensive Coordinator that we should have this season.

Then we would have a fairer comparison between the 2 QBs.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

That would be the fairest thing to do, Jan.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X