PDA

View Full Version : The Official Maybe next year thread

LABillsFan
04-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Maybe they'll get some vet help
Maybe they'll get the hang of holding onto a lead.
Maybe they'll gett the hang of not getting down 2-0 some many times.
Maybe the system needs to be adjusted.
Maybe they'll get rid of some dead weight overpaid players.
Maybe they'll get some size to go along with the speed.
Maybe they'll get a better back up goal tender.

im4bflo
04-03-2008, 09:04 PM
maybe next year :cynic: bring back the :oldskool:

Philagape
04-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Maybe they won't let their leaders and best players go in their prime

Mitchell55
04-03-2008, 09:07 PM
We have alot to be proud of. Our team lost 3 of the best players in Sabres history and still were 2 games from the playoffs. Even the last minute of the game, we came so close to getting another goal. Our team doesnt give up which is what you want out of a team who lost 3 great players. We are getting a little to hyped because of the playoffs last year and the year before that. What did you expect?

kgun12
04-03-2008, 09:11 PM
We have alot to be proud of. Our team lost 3 of the best players in Sabres history and still game 2 games from the playoffs. Even the last minute of the game, we came so close to getting another goal. Our team doesnt give up which is what you want out of a team who lost 3 great players. We are getting a little to hyped because of the playoffs last year and the year before that. What did you expect?

COME ON MAN, there is absolutely no room for anything positive here, just watch and read. It's going to get very ugly!

check your reps!

Mitchell55
04-03-2008, 09:12 PM
COME ON MAN, there is absolutely no room for anything positive here, just watch and read. It's going to get very ugly!

check your reps!

:candle: Fine. Next time Ill bash us for no reason. Just to make it fair. Joke.

hydro
04-03-2008, 09:13 PM
maybe next year :cynic: bring back the :oldskool:
:oldskool: = 82-0 :up:

:rolleyes:

LABillsFan
04-03-2008, 09:15 PM
We have alot to be proud of. Our team lost 3 of the best players in Sabres history and still game 2 games from the playoffs. Even the last minute of the game, we came so close to getting another goal. Our team doesnt give up which is what you want out of a team who lost 3 great players. We are getting a little to hyped because of the playoffs last year and the year before that. What did you expect?

What I expected was a drop in play, 4th-6th seed, but also with the players that remained on the team some consistancy that was formed over the last 2 years. I also expected some drive and pride. I also expected to watch the Sabres in at least 1 playoff series.

Philagape
04-03-2008, 09:17 PM
:candle: Fine. Next time Ill bash us for no reason. Just to make it fair. Joke.

No reason.

I didn't just read that.

Mitchell55
04-03-2008, 09:18 PM
What I expected was a drop in play, 4th-6th seed, but also with the players that remained on the team some consistancy that was formed over the last 2 years. I also expected some drive and pride. I also expected to watch the Sabres in at least 1 playoff series.

Heres a idea. Lets call Detroit and talk them into getting rid of Zetterburg, Lidstrom, and Datzuk, and see how good they are. Listen, each team has the big 3. Usually 2 Forwards and 1 D-man. We lost that. We were stuck with good players but not great, and the rest were ok.

Mitchy moo
04-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Ugly doesn't begin to describe the president trophy to totally out of the playoffs path we took. It normally takes a few more years to F--up this big.

We have been in rare form this year.

hydro
04-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Heres a idea. Lets call Detroit and talk them into getting rid of Zetterburg, Lindros, and Datzuk, and see how good they are. Listen, each team has the big 3. Usually 2 Forwards and 1 D-man. We lost that. We were stuck with good players but not great, and the rest were ok.

Lindros? You mean Lidstrom?

kgun12
04-03-2008, 09:24 PM

Here's what I expected, I expected them to come out and kick ass to start the season and show Drurry and Briere that we didn't need them and then when Campbell left I expected them to turn it up another notch and show him he wasn't needed. What I got is a team full of self pity and poor us, we lost good players and now we don't know what to do BOO FRECKIN HOO! This was the presidents trophy winner last year, this team should have made the playoffs...and as far as Miller goes, he has a looong way to go if he thinks he can even sniff Broduer's (sp) jock, cause Broduer would have put this team on his back in his prime and said FOLLOW ME TO THE PLAYOFFS BOYS!!!

pcnorth22
04-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Lindros ****ing rules

OpIv37
04-03-2008, 09:32 PM
We have alot to be proud of. Our team lost 3 of the best players in Sabres history and still were 2 games from the playoffs. Even the last minute of the game, we came so close to getting another goal. Our team doesnt give up which is what you want out of a team who lost 3 great players. We are getting a little to hyped because of the playoffs last year and the year before that. What did you expect?

are you ****ing kidding me?

We blew 7 two-goal leads- two in the last week, we were 4-9 in shootouts (with 2 of the wins coming when it was almost too late), we gave up a point to Boston over the weekend, and we got down 3 goals in our last ditch effort. That's what you consider "not giving up?" Give me a ****ing break.

After we lost Drury and Briere, I didn't expect to make the playoffs, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing. This team regressed and that's not something to be proud of at all.

After the last two years, we have every right to be "hyped" and every right to expect this team to take steps forward to win it all, instead of taking a huge tumble backwards.

And BTW, while Drury, Briere and Campbell are all talented- if you think they are the 3 best in Sabres history, you obviously haven't been a fan very long.

Philagape
04-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Lindros ****ing rules

I think he just got a concussion from you saying that.

OpIv37
04-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Maybe they'll get some vet help
Maybe they'll get the hang of holding onto a lead.
Maybe they'll gett the hang of not getting down 2-0 some many times.
Maybe the system needs to be adjusted.
Maybe they'll get rid of some dead weight overpaid players.
Maybe they'll get some size to go along with the speed.
Maybe they'll get a better back up goal tender.

the disheartening part is at least the last 3 of those were true a year ago at this time.

LABillsFan
04-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Heres a idea. Lets call Detroit and talk them into getting rid of Zetterburg, Lidstrom, and Datzuk, and see how good they are. Listen, each team has the big 3. Usually 2 Forwards and 1 D-man. We lost that. We were stuck with good players but not great, and the rest were ok.

Apples to oranges. The question was about expectations.

LABillsFan
04-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Here's what I expected, I expected them to come out and kick ass to start the season and show Drurry and Briere that we didn't need them and then when Campbell left I expected them to turn it up another notch and show him he wasn't needed. What I got is a team full of self pity and poor us, we lost good players and now we don't know what to do BOO FRECKIN HOO! This was the presidents trophy winner last year, this team should have made the playoffs...and as far as Miller goes, he has a looong way to go if he thinks he can even sniff Broduer's (sp) jock, cause Broduer would have put this team on his back in his prime and said FOLLOW ME TO THE PLAYOFFS BOYS!!!

I don't put it on Miller. It's like saying if Trent Green expects to be Brett Favre. He's not a Broduer, he's a goal tender that will allow 3 goals but make really big saves at critical times, however there was offensive firepower the last 2 years to support him as well as a back up goaltender. The Broduer comparison comes from fans, not him.

kgun12
04-03-2008, 10:03 PM
I don't put it on Miller. It's like saying if Trent Green expects to be Brett Favre. He's not a Broduer, he's a goal tender that will allow 3 goals but make really big saves at critical times, however there was offensive firepower the last 2 years to support him as well as a back up goaltender. The Broduer comparison comes from fans, not him.

Two teams had more goals the the Sabres 251, Montreal 256 and Ottawa 252. Sorry not buying it. This team had more than enough talent to make the playoff, they just needed to stop feeling sorry for themselves, let their balls drop, act like men and play hockey!

LABillsFan
04-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Two teams had more goals the the Sabres 251, Montreal 256 and Ottawa 252. Sorry not buying it. This team had more than enough talent to make the playoff, they just needed to stop feeling sorry for themselves, let their balls drop, act like men and play hockey!

Not selling anything. Just remember, the Sabres would usually score first, forcing the teams to play catch up, which gave the Sabres breakaways etc. They could have scored 400 goals this year, but that is only one side of the game. Time to look at all aspects of the game. Does it really mean something when you win say, 5-3 but lose games 3-1. What should also be mentioned is that they have given up the same amount of goals as last year with one game to play but have scored 52 less.

kgun12
04-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Not selling anything. Just remember, the Sabres would usually score first, forcing the teams to play catch up, which gave the Sabres breakaways etc. They could have scored 400 goals this year, but that is only one side of the game. Time to look at all aspects of the game. Does it really mean something when you win say, 5-3 but lose games 3-1. What should also be mentioned is that they have given up the same amount of goals as last year with one game to play but have scored 52 less.

Again going back to my first post. This team played the poor me role all year! There is enough talent on this team to play with any team in the East and most in the west. We just didn't play to our potential all year! Yes it would have been nice to have the players we lost, but we didn't! Yet everyone wants to ***** and complain about Tom G. and the fact that we lost those players, but it's time to stop blaming management for the fact this team is where it is and hold these players accountable for there actions, they played very inconsistant for most of the season, but at times played to there potential and they were very good when they did!

Michael82
04-03-2008, 11:14 PM
i'm sick of "maybe next year" This team was so close the last couple years and instead of doing what other teams would do, and add the extra gritty, tough players...we tore the team apart, getting rid of 3 of our captains and best players. Now instead of one of the best teams in the league, we are going to finish at 10th or 11th. :ill: :mad:

kgun12
04-03-2008, 11:31 PM
i'm sick of "maybe next year" This team was so close the last couple years and instead of doing what other teams would do, and add the extra gritty, tough players...we tore the team apart, getting rid of 3 of our captains and best players. Now instead of one of the best teams in the league, we are going to finish at 10th or 11th. :ill: :mad:

Yes Mikey, but you have to admit, when they played to the potential they were good enough to make the playoffs, they just didn't play the way they needed to all year!