Passive/agressive "I told you so" thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Passive/agressive "I told you so" thread....

Some of us have said this team wasn't going to make the playoffs months ago, and were harshly criticized. Tonight is vindication- the time to go through the litany of things we were right about.

But, honestly, I just don't care. While I hope those of us who said it will gain some credibility around here, I certainly don't feel any sense of satisfaction about being right. I'm just disappointed.

I'm disappointed that Roy and Pominville were the only guys who stepped up for this team. I'm disappointed that Vanek, Stafford, Paetsch, Kotalik, Lydman, Spacek, etc simply weren't willing or weren't able to step it up. I'm disappointed that Miller took a step back this year. I'm disappointed that Campbell wasn't an impact player here but stepped it up as soon as he got traded. I'm disappointed that Thibault was a complete waste. Everyone knew letting Briere and Drury go was a big mistake- who knew that letting Biron and Conklin go would have such huge consequences?

Last year, we were in the same league as Ottawa, Anaheim, Detroit and New Jersey.

This year, we're down there with Tampa Bay, Atlanta, the Islanders, Florida and- *gulp- even the hated Maple Leafs.

Two years ago, we were five wins from the Cup. Last year, we were 7 wins from the Cup. This year, we're at least 17 wins away (realistically probably more like 20). We went from the brink of greatness to mediocrity in one short year.

When we stumbled a little against the Islanders in last year's playoffs, I started to get this sinking feeling that maybe this team wasn't quite what we thought. It got worse with the Rangers series, confirmed in the Ottawa series, and a year later it still hasn't gone away.

What a waste of a season.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Re: Passive/agressive "I told you so" thread....

Originally posted by OpIv37
    When we stumbled a little against the Islanders in last year's playoffs, I started to get this sinking feeling that maybe this team wasn't quite what we thought. It got worse with the Rangers series, confirmed in the Ottawa series, and a year later it still hasn't gone away.
    I gotta go with you there. Even if they made it past Ottawa, I gotta tell you, I went to 2 Finals games, The Ducks would have treated the Sabres like Playdough.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by LABillsFan
      I gotta go with you there. Even if they made it past Ottawa, I gotta tell you, I went to 2 Finals games, The Ducks would have treated the Sabres like Playdough.
      Health has alot to do with how the team that's in the Finals plays.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Great Op. Hope you are happy!

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          I'm disappointed that Roy and Pominville were the only guys who stepped up for this team. I'm disappointed that Vanek, Stafford, Paetsch, Kotalik, Lydman, Spacek, etc simply weren't willing or weren't able to step it up. I'm disappointed that Miller took a step back this year. I'm disappointed that Campbell wasn't an impact player here but stepped it up as soon as he got traded. I'm disappointed that Thibault was a complete waste. Everyone knew letting Briere and Drury go was a big mistake- who knew that letting Biron and Conklin go would have such huge consequences?
          1. Either Roy and Pommes should be captain next year. They really stood up.

2. I'm not disappointed with Vanek, Stafford or Paetsch. This team lost so much top heavy talent that it was unreasonable to expect these three, among others, to step up. Losing DB and CD made it easier for other teams to put their #1 checkers against these guys. Vanek is only in his third year; Stafford his second. Go back and check out the stats of other guys in similar situations.

3. Campbell was an "impact" player. He is on a team with deeper talent than the Sabres. RE: Thomas Vanek last year.

4. It was only fair to let Biron go. There was no way he could have been kept here long term. He would have eventually hit free agency. Conklin? See point #3 RE: Campbell RE Vanek.

This team lost not because of the players that were lost but because of the players that WERE NOT BROUGHT IN TO REPLACE THEM.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

What a shocker. People getting ripped on for stating the obvious about a Buffalo team year after year.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
              Great Op. Hope you are happy!
              You do not know the power of the darkside.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

This team was done when we lost Drury. Losing Briere and Drury is just plain unacceptable.

Golisano might want to look at who he has running the team.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  This team was done when we lost Drury. Losing Briere and Drury is just plain unacceptable.

Golisano might want to look at who he has running the team.
                  the man is not stupid...if he hasn't/doesn't fire Quinn, Regier or Ruff then that means that he has more than approved and blessed the moves that were made, dare we say - authorized them.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                  X