PDA

View Full Version : Darcy was with the team in Montreal tonight

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Kevin Sylvester on the shootout on MSG said that Regier was with the team tonight, and he adressed the media when asked about next season "he said that there will be changes but nothing significent, we will sit down sometime this offseason and go over this season and see what Tom and Larry want to do."

Mitchy moo
04-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Like get a real back up goalie so Miller can rest one time in a few months?

OpIv37
04-03-2008, 10:14 PM
well, guess we can stop arguing about my fire sale because we're not getting it.

OpIv37
04-03-2008, 10:14 PM
btw, translation: "we're not spending any money"

Dr. Lecter
04-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Or not brining people in.

They can spend - but if they extend Pominville and Miller that will be about $11 million right there

OpIv37
04-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Or not brining people in.

translation: not winning.

What we have isn't good enough.

LABillsFan
04-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Is that an exact quote or are you reading in between the lines again?

OpIv37
04-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Is that an exact quote or are you reading in between the lines again?

ah, good point. I'm not going to contribute to this discussion any more unless this question is answered in the affirmative.

RockStar36
04-04-2008, 08:05 AM
They don't need to do much.

Extend Pominville and Miller.

Bring in a backup goalie, and about 2 defensemen. I like Orpik and Roszival.

SabreEleven
04-04-2008, 08:30 AM
They don't need to do much.

Extend Pominville and Miller.

Bring in a backup goalie, and about 2 defensemen. I like Orpik and Roszival.
They will bring in another goalie because it won't cost them much but to bring in anybody that would cost any money will never happen. They think that they are all set. Sign a back up goalie and drop the puck for the 08-09 season.

RockStar36
04-04-2008, 08:40 AM
I see where you are coming from but I don't see anyway possible that they don't sign at least one d-man, if not two.

SabreEleven
04-04-2008, 08:52 AM
did you not see that last few games of the season where they had Sekera and Weber playing together?

Tallinder-Lydman
Paestch-Spacek
Sekera-Weber

What you seem to be missing is that we are talking about Larry Quinn logic here. Much different than anybody else normal thinking. He thinks the slug is good.

RockStar36
04-04-2008, 08:54 AM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I like some of the younger guys for depth. I know they played well but we need more than just that. I was also a little dissapointed in Paetsch this season.

Michael82
04-04-2008, 10:56 AM
They will bring in another goalie because it won't cost them much but to bring in anybody that would cost any money will never happen. They think that they are all set. Sign a back up goalie and drop the puck for the 08-09 season.
If that is the case, then this team will continue to go into circles. They need help on the blue line and have for several years now. If this team doesn't bring in at least 1 or 2 tough, grizzly defenseman vets, then there's no chance this team will win the cup anytime soon. :sigh:

Dr. Lecter
04-04-2008, 10:57 AM
If you loot at how well the defense played once Sekera and Weber joined, it MIGHT not be as glaring of a need.

Michael82
04-04-2008, 11:00 AM
If you loot at how well the defense played once Sekera and Weber joined, it MIGHT not be as glaring of a need.
Stafford played like a stud last year, look at him this year. Once he was bumped up to a more important role, he struggled. I'm worried that we are going to count on both Sekera and Weber in main roles next year and they will have trouble.

Dr. Lecter
04-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Except Weber and Sekera were in prominent roles. They were leading the team in minutes played for the last couple of weeks and played on the PK and Sekera on the PP (which Weber never wil)

RockStar36
04-04-2008, 11:17 AM
I liked Sekera and Weber but 1 or 2 d-men is a need this off-season.

Michael82
04-04-2008, 11:23 AM
:hi5:

Dr. Lecter
04-04-2008, 11:28 AM

It would be nice, but there are none out there the Sabres can sign if they extend Miller and Pominville.

If the Sabres extend those two players, sign Paille and a new back-up goalie they will be pushing close to the cap, even if they trade Max and Kotalik.

RockStar36
04-04-2008, 11:32 AM
It would be nice, but there are none out there the Sabres can sign if they extend Miller and Pominville.

If the Sabres extend those two players, sign Paille and a new back-up goalie they will be pushing close to the cap, even if they trade Max and Kotalik.

Hmmm...

I didn't see that when I looked.

OpIv37
04-04-2008, 04:36 PM
did you not see that last few games of the season where they had Sekera and Weber playing together?

Tallinder-Lydman
Paestch-Spacek
Sekera-Weber

What you seem to be missing is that we are talking about Larry Quinn logic here. Much different than anybody else normal thinking. He thinks the slug is good.

Bold prediction time:

If we go into the season with that D lineup next year, Paestch-Spacek will be #3 and Sekera-Weber will be #2 by the all-star break.

Meathead
04-04-2008, 05:04 PM
i would be pretty happy with this team if they get a backup goalie who can play 20-25 games and a solid veteran defenseman to replace teppo

but vanek simply has to be better. he needs to mature and the time is now

and if connolly can play 60+ games that team is a playoff lock if not legit cup contender