swimminghibbert15
04-03-2008, 11:39 PM
anyone know when the offical bills schedule is going to be annouced

Mitchy moo
04-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Soon...

Night Train
04-04-2008, 02:26 AM
Wait... did you just say actuall ? ( Dennis - Family Guy )

Johnny Bugmenot
04-04-2008, 12:16 PM
They never say when they release it until it's actually finished. Kind of like the New York State Budget-- set a tentative date and never actually make it.

Usually mid-April is when the full schedule is officially released.

BAM
04-04-2008, 12:21 PM
No set date yet but usually around draft-time.

Historian
04-04-2008, 05:55 PM
My guess would be next Wednesday.

Cntrygal
04-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I hope the Bills have a late November game in Denver. If so, I plan on taking about a week and going to the game and hitting the ski slopes!

:gobills:

HughC
04-05-2008, 11:59 AM
The NFL doesn't have a specific date when the schedule comes out. Last year it was announced on April 11th, so we should expect it to be announced in a week or so.

They tease us with bits and pieces, which keeps the NFL in the news on multiple days. First we find out what teams will play each other after the season ends. Next they usually announce some prime time games, then the pre-season games, MNF games, and finally the full schedule.

The formula for who we and everyone else plays is this. You play each team in your division twice, one home and once away; play four games against another AFC division, which rotates each year; play four games against an NFC conference, which also rotates every year; and then two in conference games, against teams that are not at this point on your schedule, that finished in the same place in their division as we did in ours (i.e., a 1st place team plays the other 1st place teams, the 2nd place teams plays the other 2nd place teams, etc.) This results in playing every other AFC outside the AFC East once every three years, and playing them at home at least once every six years; and playing every NFC team once every four years, at home once every 8 years.

This formula was set up in 2002 and is scheduled through 2009, when it will be reviewed. Assuming it continues, then after playing the AFC West and NFC West in 2008, the AFC South and NFC South in 2009, we would play the AFC North and NFC North in 2010, the AFC West and NFC East in 2011, and AFC South and NFC West in 2012.

Here are the teams we play this year:
Home: Dolphins, Jets, Patriots (AFC East); Chargers, Raiders (AFC West); 49ers, Seahawks (NFC West); Browns (AFC 2nd place)
Away: Dolphins, Jets, Patriots (AFC East); Broncos, Chiefs (AFC West); Cardinals, Rams (NFC West); Jaguars (AFC 2nd place)

Here is the 2008 pre-season schedule:
8/8: at Redskins
8/14: Steelers
8/21: at Colts
8/28: Lions

Here are the teams we play in 2009.
Home: Dolphins, Jets, Patriots (AFC East); Colts, Texans (AFC South); Bucs, Saints (NFC South); an AFC North team
Away: Dolphins, Jets, Patriots (AFC East); Jaguars, Titans (AFC South); Falcons, Panthers (NFC South); an AFC West team

One of the quirks with this set up is that we end up playing at Jacksonville twice in a row; against another 2nd place team this year and then against an AFC South team in 2009. Something similar could happen with our to be determined AFC West team for 2009.

YardRat
04-05-2008, 12:51 PM
I think that's the longest 'I don't know' post I've ever seen.

madness
04-06-2008, 11:11 AM
The NFL actually scheduled it be this past week but pushed out approximately two weeks when they announced the preseason schedule. Like BAM said, there's no set date so the media will most likely let us know when it's about to come out.

buffalobound08
04-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Hope its this week