PDA

View Full Version : What's the first position the Bills should draft??

Mitchy moo
04-04-2008, 01:38 AM
I hear lots of talk of need this and that but what do you feel is our biggest need and why??

Mitchy moo
04-04-2008, 01:43 AM
I think this guy would help immensely this season:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=10512

Why? Because the only to stop our opponents from trampling on us all year is to have quick people who will crush their opponents and stomp on some heads. When a teams offense come out against us I want them to leave the field via assistance and not on their own power. He is the type of guy that will help create that type of scenario.

Romes
04-04-2008, 04:32 AM
LT? :wtf:

Is Skooby Marshall Faulk?

Dujek
04-04-2008, 06:37 AM
We need a top notch WR to play opposite Evans, it wasn't addressed in FA it MUST be addressed in the draft.

Jan Reimers
04-04-2008, 07:06 AM
We will be much improved on defense because of free agency, players returning from injury, and the maturation of our young guys. A top CB or DE would naturally make us that much better.

But if we can't score, all of the defense in the world won't help. We have to take the best WR and TE available in the first 2 rounds before even thinking about another defensive player.

mybills
04-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Skoob, he's under 300lbs.

mybills
04-04-2008, 07:15 AM
We need a top notch WR to play opposite Evans, it wasn't addressed in FA it MUST be addressed in the draft.
Who has a great experienced WR still, that has a pick after 11, that needs another player badly enough to trade us if we picked that player for them?

tampabay25690
04-04-2008, 08:14 AM
THE BEST PLAYER AVAILBALE.....Thats the easiest answer

tampabay25690
04-04-2008, 08:16 AM

Doesn't mean we have to draft a WR in round 1!!!!!

But I do know what you are saying. There will be guys in round 2 that will be good NFL WR DOUCET, CALDWELL, MANNIGHAM etc.....Is there a DEFENSIVE guy in the 2nd LIKE A DE or a CB that you can name..........

I say the BILLS will go DEFENSE a HARVEY, or JENKINS, or even McKelvin......

We will have to wait and see.

Pinkerton Security
04-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Doesn't mean we have to draft a WR in round 1!!!!!

But I do know what you are saying. There will be guys in round 2 that will be good NFL WR DOUCET, CALDWELL, MANNIGHAM etc.....Is there a DEFENSIVE guy in the 2nd LIKE A DE or a CB that you can name..........

I say the BILLS will go DEFENSE a HARVEY, or JENKINS, or even McKelvin......

We will have to wait and see.

i dont really care which way we go, O or D, but i do NOT want to settle for Doucet or Caldwell at WR. They will not start over our current players and once again, Marshawn will see 8 men in the box. Doucet especially has limited upside, has trouble separating, can anyone say Josh Reed? I just hope we get someone in the first that can be a game-changer, and someone in the second that may have that ability or just hasnt put it all together yet.

Patti120
04-04-2008, 08:45 AM
As we all know WR is the biggest need but I have a "feeling" that we will go defense if we stay at 11. If that's the case then we will need probably need to trade back into the first to get someone to fill that WR need. If we trade back into the first then we may not be able to draft a TE until later rounds, but from Jauron's comments it sounds like he is happy with Royal and he seems to think he has been under utilized in the passing.

I just wish the draft would hurry up and get here so we could put this thing to bed!

clumping platelets
04-04-2008, 09:00 AM
You cannot target a position...........that strategy fails

bigbub2352
04-04-2008, 11:58 AM
We added nothing at WR and us showing we were tryingto sign Bryant Johnson shows our number 1 need at WR, also cutting PRice, we have to get impact players for thsi offense

I want devont Thomas and Martellus Bennett rd 1 and rd 2

Schmitt in the 4th

ddaryl
04-04-2008, 12:15 PM
You cannot target a position...........that strategy fails

Was Lynch the best player avaialble last year ? It's debateable but we went with need there and it worked out well.

was Donte the best player available when we drafted him ???... According to many NO

I agree that chasing a certain position can be dangerous, but in some cases it just has to be done. I expect the Bills to try to move out of the #11 position to ensure value and give them flexibility

clumping platelets
04-04-2008, 05:49 PM
You are twisting what I posted............if a team targets a position, then that strategy fails. The last 2 years the Bills were not targeting positions, they identified players they liked and drafted them. Whitner was perceived as a "reach" but has proven to be a solid choice. Lynch was by no means a "reach" and represented value. Both were positions of need.

This year, the Bills can go secondary (primarily CB), DL (primarily pass rushingDE), WR, TE, and even interior OL. At #11, TE nor interior OL do not represent value and neither does WR. I wouldn't want the Bills reaching for a position like WR instead of drafting a higher rated player at a position of need (DE or CB). Get the pass rushing DE or CB and then trade up for the WR

The worst drafting strategy is targeting of a certain position in the early rds instead of drafting players that represent value.