• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Ticket demand outweighs availability for Bills-Steelers

Top ducat could go as high as $300 for Aug. 14 exhibition tilt between AFC rivals at Rogers Centre...

With more requests for tickets than actual seats available, and prices rumoured to hit $300 for the top ducat, Toronto may indeed prove to be Bills Country North.

Fans can register at www.billsintoronto.com for their chance to win the lottery for the opportunity to purchase tickets for the exhibition game and this year's regular-season game, expected to be played in December. No date or opponent has been set as yet.

Registration for tickets closes April 24. There are only 53,000 seats at the Rogers Centre and requests for more than that have already been registered, with 3,500 signing up per day in the last week. Bills season-ticket holders (there were 48,000 last year), sponsors and Argo season-ticket holders have priority.

Only after registration closes will the team announce ticket prices, not caring to comment on rumours that the price range had been determined – $75 to $300.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Dujek
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2008

Re: Ticket demand outweighs availability for Bills-Steelers

The Chargers - Saints game in London has received almost 500,000 applications for the 90,000 tickets.

I've got two sitting in the house.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Toronto Bills.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

No they would be the Toronto scumbags.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Why would someone want to pay so much for a preseason game?

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Well if sharing the Bills with Toronto actually keeps the Bills in buffalo some then let it be done...

but face facts ... the mere reality that Torontonians are willing to shell out buku bucks for a preseason NFL game pretty much demonstrates the reality of the Bills situation. Toronto has the money to compete agianst the big markets, and we need that revenue to compete with the NYC, Dallas, NE, and other big markets.... otherwise we will lose the Bills for sure.

I don't care who steps up to the plate when the Bills are for sale, no owner can pay over 1 billion for the Bills and expect to be able to operate them in Buffalo alone...

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I would have no problem with playing up to 2 regular season home games in Toronto after the 5 year deal, as long as the Bills are still the Buffalo Bills and the big Toronto market adopts and embraces us as a "home" team. We need as many fans as we can.

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

Assuming the Bills stay in Buffalo I'm perfectly OK with them playing a game in Toronto. If a pre-season game can generate so much interest and make so much money then it's definitely good for the franchise.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  Assuming the Bills stay in Buffalo I'm perfectly OK with them playing a game in Toronto. If a pre-season game can generate so much interest and make so much money then it's definitely good for the franchise.
                  I hope so.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Hell they can have all our preseason games for all I care.

Comment

• im4bflo
                      the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                      • Sep 2003

There's also the huge hype about this game, this will not be a normal all season thing. Those hosers couldn't compete with the fans of WNY continuously.

Comment

• jamze132
                        • Jun 2003

Toronto is better than L.A.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Well, hopefully they go to a preseason game and go "this sucks, I thought the NFL was more intense".
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
                            Well if sharing the Bills with Toronto actually keeps the Bills in buffalo some then let it be done...

but face facts ... the mere reality that Torontonians are willing to shell out buku bucks for a preseason NFL game pretty much demonstrates the reality of the Bills situation. Toronto has the money to compete agianst the big markets, and we need that revenue to compete with the NYC, Dallas, NE, and other big markets.... otherwise we will lose the Bills for sure.

I don't care who steps up to the plate when the Bills are for sale, no owner can pay over 1 billion for the Bills and expect to be able to operate them in Buffalo alone...
                            I don't know how anybody could afford to buy the team and pay the relocation fee. Unimaginable.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              Why would someone want to pay so much for a preseason game?
                              Free Moosehead drafts.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X