PDA

View Full Version : Carucci criticized Jauron.

HHURRICANE
04-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Made a point of saying that we may never have a passing game with Jauron as the head coach. FYI.

Jauron got defended a little by Gil Brandt by saying with some of the rule changes that the running game would be more important this year.

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!! For discussion only.

Mitchy moo
04-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Like they said in "Aliens", short controlled bursts.

HHURRICANE
04-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Like they said in "Aliens", short controlled bursts.

If our offensive woes are tied to a coaching philosophy that is outdated than I think it's valid to be concerned.

Jauron is a good coach but I'm not sure he is a playoff caliber coach. I think he would be a great D coordinator.

This is an important year for him. I hope he gets the weapons he needs at the WR postion to be judged fairly.

yordad
04-04-2008, 08:19 AM
If our offensive woes are tied to a coaching philosophy that is outdated than I think it's valid to be concerned.

Jauron is a good coach but I'm not sure he is a playoff caliber coach. I think he would be a great D coordinator.

This is an important year for him. I hope he gets the weapons he needs at the WR postion to be judged fairly.Whoa, whoa, whoa. You can judge JP, but not Jauron?

Tatonka
04-04-2008, 08:42 AM
actually jauron really wasnt a great D coordinator at all. i think he is better as a head coach. he represents the team well. speaks well. deligates well. trusts his people below him. seems to be a good judge of talent (based on the last 2 drafts) and his players play hard for him always.

bigbub2352
04-04-2008, 08:45 AM
DJ got 2 free passes in my opinion as did Perry Fewell and Stever Fairchild, i am sorry but 2 back to back seasons of horrible D and even less explosive O is exceptable on when ur a Buffalo Bills Fan.

What i am trying to say is is was painfully obvious we were rebuilding, and also injuries played a part i know, but fact of the matter is DJ hasnt been successful anywhere and that is what scares me

I understand how young of a football team we are and that doing all promotions from within was the way to quiet the masses but was it the right decision,

I dont think so. TE was young enough that if we brought in a change it would not have affected his growth as much, also when u have the 30th ranked O and D do u really wants those coaches back, apparently here we do

It will be a very interesting draft cause to me it looks like some of the old **** still here We are loadin up on D and if we go CB in the 1st round we are taking another step back on O, we need playmakers, leaders, and we need some sort of attack other than run run pass will we get that with DJ and the regime Hope so for all our sakes

HHURRICANE
04-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. You can judge JP, but not Jauron?

I am one of the most objective people on this board.

Jauron needs to go if this team doesn't finish with a winning record or if his coaching costs us a playoof birth.

However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that we aren't making the playoffs with Evans, Reed, and Parrish as our only WR threats. The Patriots wouldn't make the playoffs with this group and I am dead serious about that.

gr8slayer
04-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah.......... no you're not.
Jauron needs to go if this team doesn't finish with a winning record or if his coaching costs us a playoof birth.

However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that we aren't making the playoffs with Evans, Reed, and Parrish as our only WR threats. The Patriots wouldn't make the playoffs with this group and I am dead serious about that.

ddaryl
04-04-2008, 09:27 AM
DJ got 2 free passes in my opinion as did Perry Fewell and Stever Fairchild, i am sorry but 2 back to back seasons of horrible D and even less explosive O is exceptable on when ur a Buffalo Bills Fan.

What i am trying to say is is was painfully obvious we were rebuilding, and also injuries played a part i know, but fact of the matter is DJ hasnt been successful anywhere and that is what scares me

I think DJ deserves kudos for last year.. all those injuries, lack of quality experieced players at DT and WR and yet the team still managed 7 wins...

This year we should fix those problems some and DJ needs to show the improvement that comes from his improved player personnel situation.

this is the year that microscope will really be on DJ IMO...

acehole
04-04-2008, 09:28 AM
actually jauron really wasnt a great D coordinator at all. i think he is better as a head coach. he represents the team well. speaks well. deligates well. trusts his people below him. seems to be a good judge of talent (based on the last 2 drafts) and his players play hard for him always.

he HAD ONE GOOD YEAR WITH A VERY WEAK schedule....

acehole
04-04-2008, 09:30 AM
"Playoof birth?".......are you canadian?

yordad
04-04-2008, 09:37 AM

However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that we aren't making the playoffs with Evans, Reed, and Parrish as our only WR threats. The Patriots wouldn't make the playoffs with this group and I am dead serious about that.Well, I agree. Our offense was under talented. And, I don't want to make this a JP thread, but shouldn't his performance be viewed in the same light?

justasportsfan
04-04-2008, 09:44 AM

:roflmao:

In your other thread you were worried about no depth on Dl/OL and now it seems you're more concerned about our wr. Which one is it?

bigbub2352
04-04-2008, 09:47 AM
I think DJ deserves kudos for last year.. all those injuries, lack of quality experieced players at DT and WR and yet the team still managed 7 wins...

This year we should fix those problems some and DJ needs to show the improvement that comes from his improved player personnel situation.

this is the year that microscope will really be on DJ IMO...

I agree, that he needs to be given credit for keepin the team together, but as far as picking his coaches like Fairchild and Fewell i am seriously criticising him, also not even bringin someone in to interveiw for vacancys was also not a good move,
I agree with you also that this is his last year of excuses!

TigerJ
04-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Linky? If a link is not available, could you at least explain where you heard it or saw it. I always feel handicapped trying to discuss things without having heard or seen the actual statements.

Pinkerton Security
04-04-2008, 10:02 AM
what a jerk, how dare he criticize?

TacklingDummy
04-04-2008, 10:04 AM

So am I.

JP Blows.

TE may blow.

IF TE does blow, the Bills are going to blow again.

Which would mean Dick blows.

Dick gone.

The Spaz
04-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I would like a NE offense myself...

jimbohastle51
04-04-2008, 11:31 AM
i think that if we dont finish at least 9-7 dick jauron is gone. and if we finish 7-9 or less wins than you can garantee it. if we do fire jauron i hope we go and get a coach who actually has winning experience and is known for running a team well, this promotion coordinators just isnt working for us, and though jauron has been a head coach before with the bears he has only had one season worth anything in his head coaching career.i do think that if that corner is there from tennesse state DRC we have to take him, we have a need and he is would deffinatly be a great pickup at 11, but if he is gone i dont see us taking a corner probably reach for malcom kelly or try to trade bck a spot or 2 and take kelly there.

trapezeus
04-04-2008, 12:05 PM
So am I.

JP Blows.

TE may blow.

IF TE does blow, the Bills are going to blow again.

Which would mean Dick blows.

Dick gone.

even in this simplicity, i have a sense that the JP supporters aren't going to get it.

HAMMER
04-04-2008, 02:25 PM
It would take a lot for Jauron to be fired IMO. You can't keep hitting the reset button every few years, continuity is key to success in the NFL..

hydro
04-04-2008, 02:27 PM
It would take a lot for Jauron to be fired IMO. You can't keep hitting the reset button every few years, continuity is key to success in the NFL..

:bf1:

justasportsfan
04-04-2008, 02:27 PM

Are you forgetting who our owner is? We fired Wade after making playoffs.

Midwesternbillsfan
04-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Are you forgetting who our owner is? We fired Wade after making playoffs.

No, we didn't. Wade was essentially fired (though not officially fired) when he insisted to the team before a Monday night game against Indianapolis in December of 2000 that at 7-6, the Bills realistically didn't have a chance to make the playoffs. Indy, 7-6 at the time, too, won their last three games and secured the last playoff spot. Buffalo, meanwhile, lost 2 of 3 to finish 8-8. Wade then lost his job; he wasn't fired after the Bills' 11-5 1999 (though disagreeing w/Wilson's position about firing the Bills' special-teams coach after the Music City "Miracle" didn't put Phillips on the firmest of footing going into 2000).

justasportsfan
04-04-2008, 02:46 PM
No, we didn't. Wade was essentially fired (though not officially fired) when he insisted to the team before a Monday night game against Indianapolis in December of 2000 that at 7-6, the Bills realistically didn't have a chance to make the playoffs. Indy, 7-6 at the time, too, won their last three games and secured the last playoff spot. Buffalo, meanwhile, lost 2 of 3 to finish 8-8. Wade then lost his job; he wasn't fired after the Bills' 11-5 1999 (though disagreeing w/Wilson's position about firing the Bills' special-teams coach after the Music City "Miracle" didn't put Phillips on the firmest of footing going into 2000).
he was still more successful than what Dick has done here. Dick won't have Marv to save his arse especially of guys like Cowher or MArty Ball are out there.

Midwesternbillsfan
04-04-2008, 02:49 PM
he was still more successful than what Dick has done here. Dick won't have Marv to save his arse especially of guys like Cowher or MArty Ball are out there.

Well, I was just pointint out the factual error that we fired Phillips after a playoff season; I wasn't trying to editorialize about anything else, man.

yordad
04-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Just so you all know, he was in fact officailly fired. I know you were in disagreement about when, but he was actually fired. He won his arbitration when Wilson claimed he quit.

justasportsfan
04-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Well, I was just pointint out the factual error that we fired Phillips after a playoff season; I wasn't trying to editorialize about anything else, man.
let me rephrase he was fired inspite of taking us to the playoffs. He was fired after an 8-8 season which is still better than Dick has ever taken this team. ;)

ParanoidAndroid
04-04-2008, 11:57 PM
I am one of the least angry posters on this board.

Maybe if I get more impatient, angrier, and more assertive in my assumptions, people will think I'm right more often, including me. The Bills' front office will be forced to listen to my lofty point of view. :D
I'm sneering at you, Dick Jauron! Can you handle the pressure?

/sarcasm off

Historian
04-05-2008, 05:29 AM
let me rephrase he was fired inspite of taking us to the playoffs. He was fired after an 8-8 season which is still better than Dick has ever taken this team. ;)

I'll rephrase it for you Justa:

Wade was fired after never having a losing season as coach here.

(The only Bills HC that can make that claim)

Nighthawk
04-05-2008, 08:37 AM
I've been saying this since he's been here. His history shows that he has no clue how to run a potent offense and I don't think that will change. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that Jauron is the big problem with this team's struggles.

yordad
04-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Turk to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing he has vast experience... um..no, wait... good thing he has awesome weapons to work wi....no.. no, that ain't it. Well, at least we are doing all we can to bring in talent with great use of the calary cap, and... a... naw... that ain't it either. We are way the self imposed cash to cap.

OK, I don't know what I am getting at, but I will tell you, I don't think it makes any dang sense to hire a defensive minded coach and then an inexperienced offensive coordinator. It is almost like setting the deck for excuses.

Gesh, I hope Turk is a genius.

Historian
04-05-2008, 09:22 AM
He may surprise you.

He is after all, a disciple from the Walsh branch of the NFL tree.

Remember, Walsh urged Levy to pick TE.

The situation is coming full circle.

You may be pleasently surprized with the results.

Historian
04-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Ironically, Trent reminds me a little of Ken Anderson too.

coastal
04-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Dick Jauron is an organization builder... like Levy.

But like Levy, his greatest strength (empowering the people who work for him) can also be his greatest weakness.

Levy's devotion to Walt Corey cost him at least two Super Bowl titles.

Jauron's unwillingness to step in last year when Fairchild's incompetence was in full bloom, makes me worry about this year even more.

Let's say Perry and his new toys on defense just aren't getting it done.

Is he going to wait till we miss the playoffs again before he axes him?

Jauron's presence does little to soothe the feeling that we may never get rid of this losing rash.

djjimkelly
04-05-2008, 10:19 AM
just say no to dick unless its your own or your a girl

:couch:

see below

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 10:22 AM
He may surprise you.

He is after all, a disciple from the Walsh branch of the NFL tree.

Remember, Walsh urged Levy to pick TE.

The situation is coming full circle.

You may be pleasently surprized with the results.
I hope so. Trent, Walsh, AVP , TUrk.... it's gonna be a ball control or WCO type of O. I hope it works out because I don't expect it to be a potent K-Gun type of offense if you base it on the names mentioned above. I don't care if it turns out to be boring as long as it results in TD"s and not fg's.

djjimkelly
04-05-2008, 10:27 AM
I hope so. Trent, Walsh, AVP , TUrk.... it's gonna be a ball control or WCO type of O. I hope it works out because I don't expect it to be a potent K-Gun type of offense if you base it on the names mentioned above. I don't care if it turns out to be boring as long as it results in TD"s and not fg's.

we do not currently have 1 wr on this roster that is west coast type of wr

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 10:31 AM
we do not currently have 1 wr on this roster that is west coast type of wr
Reed, Parrish, Royals are great for quick short routes. Evans can actuallly make catches anywhere on the field too. Turk may also get Lynch and co. active in the passing game. Fairchild was too stupid as proven by Willis when he got involved in the passsing game at Baltimore.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Reed, Parrish, Royals are great for quick short routes. Evans can actuallly make catches anywhere on the field too. Turk may also get Lynch and co. active in the passing game. Fairchild was too stupid as proven by Willis when he got involved in the passsing game at Baltimore.

If you think all are problems are getting fixed by a former QBs coach, think again.

The Bills had better be bringing in some people who can catch the ball or it's going to be a long season.

djjimkelly
04-05-2008, 10:35 AM

im just saying traditional west coast wrs are built alot different then the guys we have. we have a bunch of guys built to spread it out. something our coaches refused to do last year unless there was 2 minutes left in a game

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 10:47 AM
im just saying traditional west coast wrs are built alot different then the guys we have. we have a bunch of guys built to spread it out. something our coaches refused to do last year unless there was 2 minutes left in a game
the weird thing is that we had the wrong personnel to run deep routes and yet they expected JP to succeed. That's JP's fault too.

feelthepain
04-05-2008, 10:53 AM

What if you don't win because of the talent level? Will that Be Jurons fault? Not being a wise ass, just asking the question.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2008, 11:01 AM
What if you don't win because of the talent level? Will that Be Jurons fault? Not being a wise ass, just asking the question.

It's a good question. I was accused, I believe in this thread, of giving him an excuse if he doesn't get WRs.

If I were Jauron I would be doing everything in my power to make sure I get to 10-6 so I'd have to say that he can't get a pass because of talent.

I think he's taking a major chance with his job by not getting a veteran wideout in here. We have no #2, and our #3 and #4 should really be #4 and #5.

I don't know how this team goes to the playoffs without having a legit #2 and #3 receiver.

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 11:27 AM
he's had 3 years to rebuild this team and bring in the final pieces/talent this year to succeed . If he doesn't have the talent, it's his fault for not bringing it and should go if he fails this year.

YardRat
04-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Jauron doesn't need to be an offensive genius as a head coach...That's Turk's responsibility now.

If Jauron can maintain the attitude and the effort the team displayed last year, and Schonert can be better than Fairchild, I'll be able to sustain some semblence of optimism for this season.

Turf
04-05-2008, 03:54 PM
I don't really care who we have on the field until this team looks like they actually practice the plays and passing routes together. I've never seen such a disjointed passing game in my life. You'd think these guys never played together or practiced timing patterns at all.

feelthepain
04-05-2008, 05:27 PM
It's a good question. I was accused, I believe in this thread, of giving him an excuse if he doesn't get WRs.

If I were Jauron I would be doing everything in my power to make sure I get to 10-6 so I'd have to say that he can't get a pass because of talent.

I think he's taking a major chance with his job by not getting a veteran wideout in here. We have no #2, and our #3 and #4 should really be #4 and #5.

I don't know how this team goes to the playoffs without having a legit #2 and #3 receiver.

Well to be honest I don't see a legit talent at DT, LB or in the secondary Posluzny may be, but that's just one LB "if" he turns out to be more then just an avg LB. The Bills did add Stroud, but lets be honest he hasn't been worth a damn the last two years and he also needs to have a monster year to be considered a success.

As for the Bill offense Lynch if he continues to have the type of year he had last year is a serious talent, but your other skill positions are not very good. I think the Bills did little to nothing to imporvew their skill positions during FA which means they better hit on their DP and they better hit hard.

The Bills are sitting on a boatload of money and they could have signed Jerry Porter or Asante Samuel or both and still signed Stroud and Mitchell then made a serious splash in the draft and that would have made the Bills talent level a whole lot better. But another offseason of hands in pockets is what the Bills did. If I were a Bill fan I wouldn't be happy.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Well to be honest I don't see a legit talent at DT, LB or in the secondary Posluzny may be, but that's just one LB "if" he turns out to be more then just an avg LB. The Bills did add Stroud, but lets be honest he hasn't been worth a damn the last two years and he also needs to have a monster year to be considered a success.

As for the Bill offense Lynch if he continues to have the type of year he had last year is a serious talent, but your other skill positions are not very good. I think the Bills did little to nothing to imporvew their skill positions during FA which means they better hit on their DP and they better hit hard.

The Bills are sitting on a boatload of money and they could have signed Jerry Porter or Asante Samuel or both and still signed Stroud and Mitchell then made a serious splash in the draft and that would have made the Bills talent level a whole lot better. But another offseason of hands in pockets is what the Bills did. If I were a Bill fan I wouldn't be happy.

Yep, hard to argue. I think Mitchell was a decent pick up but could just as easily end up being another Tripplett.

I feel like the Bills are just runing in place.

yordad
04-05-2008, 08:23 PM

The Bills are sitting on a boatload of money and they could have signed Jerry Porter or Asante Samuel or both and still signed Stroud and Mitchell then made a serious splash in the draft and that would have made the Bills talent level a whole lot better. But another offseason of hands in pockets is what the Bills did. If I were a Bill fan I wouldn't be happy.Well to be honest, I think you are being over critical. You just called Crowell non-legit, and at best less then average. He is one of the best, underrated OLBs in the league. NTM, you called Lee Evans "not very good". You do watch Bills games, right?

Other then that, I think whoever is spending the money should deserve a lot of criticism at this point, you are right there. But, if they extend the two I mentioned this offseason, it will be enough to shut me up.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Well to be honest, I think you are being over critical. You just called Crowell non-legit, and at best less then average. He is one of the best, underrated OLBs in the league. NTM, you called Lee Evans "not very good". You do watch Bills games, right?

Other then that, I think whoever is spending the money should deserve a lot of criticism at this point, you are right there. But, if they extend the two I mentioned this offseason, it will be enough to shut me up.

Crowell is average at best. Sorry, but it's a fact.

yordad
04-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Crowell is average at best. Sorry, but it's a fact.What? I don't mean to over simplify the thing, because it is complex, but an OLB main job is to tackle. He was second in the league for tackles for ALL OLBs.

In fact.....

<table id="result"><tbody><tr class="whiteBack"><td class="playerTD">Angelo Crowell (http://www.nfl.com/players/angelocrowell/profile?id=CRO732110) </td> <td> BUF (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) </td> <td> OLB </td> <td> 126 </td> <td> 86 </td> <td> 40 </td> <td> 2.0 </td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 5 </td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 0 </td> <td> 5 </td> <td> 5 </td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 0</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="result"><tbody><tr class="darkerRow"><td>
</td> <td class="playerTD"> Lance Briggs (http://www.nfl.com/players/lancebriggs/profile?id=BRI150227) </td> <td> CHI (http://www.nfl.com/teams/chicagobears/profile?team=CHI) </td> <td> OLB </td> <td> 102 </td> <td> 83 </td> <td> 19 </td> <td> 2.0 </td> <td> -- </td> <td> -- </td> <td> -- </td> <td> -- </td> <td> -- </td> <td> -- </td> <td> 2 </td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 0</td></tr></tbody></table>

I guess I like average. But, thanks for proving my point of him being underrated.

feelthepain
04-06-2008, 01:08 AM
Well to be honest, I think you are being over critical. You just called Crowell non-legit, and at best less then average. He is one of the best, underrated OLBs in the league. NTM, you called Lee Evans "not very good". You do watch Bills games, right?

Sorry I can't agree about Crowell or Evans, not at this point. I know Evans "could be" a top flight WR, but his whiny crap about JP just takes all the respect out of the guy. Shut up and play, no matter who's throwing the ball, you're still getting paid. Evans has everything but size going for him and Steve Smith doesn't need the size, Coles doesn't need the size Santana Moss doesn't need the size so it's really a non issue, but that's the only physical tool the guy lacks. His attitude is outta wack though. Evans should be a pro bowler year in and year out, but he's not. Sorta like Chris Chambers, he often makes you scratch your head.

feelthepain
04-06-2008, 01:39 AM
What? I don't mean to over simplify the thing, because it is complex, but an OLB main job is to tackle. He was second in the league for tackles for ALL OLBs.

In fact.....

<table id="result"><tbody><tr class="whiteBack"><td class="playerTD">Angelo Crowell (http://www.nfl.com/players/angelocrowell/profile?id=CRO732110) </td> <td> BUF (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) </td> <td> OLB </td> <td> 126 </td> <td> 86 </td> <td> 40 </td> <td> 2.0 </td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 5 </td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 0 </td> <td> 5 </td> <td> 5 </td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 0</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="result"><tbody><tr class="darkerRow"><td>
</td> <td class="playerTD"> Lance Briggs (http://www.nfl.com/players/lancebriggs/profile?id=BRI150227) </td> <td> CHI (http://www.nfl.com/teams/chicagobears/profile?team=CHI) </td> <td> OLB </td> <td> 102 </td> <td> 83 </td> <td> 19 </td> <td> 2.0 </td> <td> -- </td> <td> -- </td> <td> -- </td> <td> -- </td> <td> -- </td> <td> -- </td> <td> 2 </td> <td> 1 </td> <td> 0</td></tr></tbody></table>

I guess I like average. But, thanks for proving my point of him being underrated.

Briggs played in 2 less games then Crowell, both Briggs and Crowell have been in the league the same length of time and here are their career stats,

Angelo Crowell- <table class="w655px datatablecell" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="datatabledatahead"><td>G</td> <td> GS</td> <td>Total</td> <td>Solo</td> <td> Ast</td> <td>Sck</td> <td>SFTY</td> <td>PDef</td> <td>Int</td> <td>Yds</td> <td>Avg</td> <td>Lng</td> <td>TDs</td> <td>FUM</td> <td>Lost</td></tr></tbody></table> 65 343 232 111 7.0

Lance Briggs-
<table class="w655px datatablecell" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="datatabledatahead"><td>G</td> <td> GS</td> <td>Total</td> <td>Solo</td> <td> Ast</td> <td>Sck</td> <td>SFTY</td> <td>PDef</td> <td>Int</td> <td>Yds</td> <td>Avg</td> <td>Lng</td> <td>TDs</td> <td>FUM</td> <td>Lost</td></tr></tbody></table>78 543 442 101 5.5

BTW, Lance wasn't exactly a wanted man this year, the Bears watched him test the market and no one wanted him, so what does that tell you?

Ebenezer
04-06-2008, 01:51 AM
BTW, Lance wasn't exactly a wanted man this year, the Bears watched him test the market and no one wanted him, so what does that tell you?

That Briggs is overpaid and that we will gladly take Crowell.

justasportsfan
04-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Crowell is average at best. Sorry, but it's a fact.
:roflmao:

:laughing:

:laugh:

yordad
04-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Briggs played in 2 less games then Crowell, both Briggs and Crowell have been in the league the same length of time and here are their career stats,

Angelo Crowell- <TABLE class="w655px datatablecell" cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class=datatabledatahead><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>Total</TD><TD>Solo</TD><TD>Ast</TD><TD>Sck</TD><TD>SFTY</TD><TD>PDef</TD><TD>Int</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>Lng</TD><TD>TDs</TD><TD>FUM</TD><TD>Lost</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>65 343 232 111 7.0

Lance Briggs-
<TABLE class="w655px datatablecell" cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR class=datatabledatahead><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>Total</TD><TD>Solo</TD><TD>Ast</TD><TD>Sck</TD><TD>SFTY</TD><TD>PDef</TD><TD>Int</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>Lng</TD><TD>TDs</TD><TD>FUM</TD><TD>Lost</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>78 543 442 101 5.5

BTW, Lance wasn't exactly a wanted man this year, the Bears watched him test the market and no one wanted him, so what does that tell you?First you use "Briggs started 14 games" for your arguement, then you compared career stats? Go home, or extrapolate.

Oh, and it sounds like in that last part of your reply you were implying Briggs sucks, so I really don't even know why I am having this conversation with you. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

But, for the sake of arguing, who are the best OLBs in the league?