PDA

View Full Version : Collective recollection please.

yordad
04-04-2008, 06:33 PM
3rd quarter
3-7-NYJ 43 (1:22) (Shotgun) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete deep right to 11-R.Parrish (24-D.Revis) [54-V.Hobson].

It is the bomb that Parrish dropped on the one yard line in the Jets game when JP came off the bench.

On this play the Jets front seven were all just mingling near the line with no one in a three point stance. When the ball was snapped, it seemed like 7 people rushed from every direction. To my recollection JP was under heavy duress and threw a bomb that hit Parrish on the one yard line dead in the chest.

I cannot find a video, but if someone can provide one that would be awesome. In the mean time, I guess we can try to recount this through collective recollection.

I don't what to turn this into an anyone vs. anyone thread. I just want your unbiased opinion if you can remember.

Was that pass by JP under thrown? Overthrown? Or, on the money?

Philagape
04-04-2008, 06:43 PM
unbiased opinion

There goes the thread.

yordad
04-04-2008, 06:47 PM
There goes the thread.LOL, oh come on, some can manage. Watch this go off the front page after only the votes of us three, LOL.

mikemac2001
04-04-2008, 06:51 PM
was a perfect pass but the td pass was below average

Philagape
04-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Let's get one thing clear: A perfect pass is hitting a receiver in stride.

yordad
04-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Let's get one thing clear: A perfect pass is hitting a receiver in stride.How about in the chest for an easy TD? I think people can interpret it how they see fit. Perfect isn't all too ambiguous.

Philagape
04-04-2008, 07:02 PM
How about in the chest for an easy TD?

Can't score a TD on your knees. And if the receiver has to adjust, then the credit goes to him.

YardRat
04-04-2008, 07:05 PM
If we're going to individually disect every pass a QB throws over the course of the season, we won't be finished when the season starts.

Unless, of course, the threads are restricted to great passes by JP, in which case we'll be done well before the draft.

yordad
04-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Can't score a TD on your knees. And if the receiver has to adjust, then the credit goes to him.Well, perfect can also be construed as "the only place it could have been put for a completion". Or, "the best place it could have been put".

yordad
04-04-2008, 07:08 PM
If we're going to individually disect every pass a QB throws over the course of the season, we won't be finished when the season starts.

Unless, of course, the threads are restricted to great passes by JP, in which case we'll be done well before the draft.This thread is restricted to one pass. Complicated? Also, I noticed you couldn't bring yourself to vote. Selective memory?

Philagape
04-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Well, perfect can also be construed as "the only place it could have been put for a completion". Or, "the best place it could have been put".

Not when the receiver determines the place by adjusting.
And it's not just the place, it's the timing also.

yordad
04-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Not when the receiver determines the place by adjusting.
And it's not just the place, it's the timing also.What are you saying, for it to be a perfect pass he should have blocked for himself, giving Parrish a split second longer to get into the endzone?

I don't understand how you are making a debate out of this. It is a judgment call from one's personal recollection. Not a see-who-we-can-get-to-see-things-our-way type thing.

YardRat
04-04-2008, 07:13 PM
This thread is restricted to one pass. Complicated? Also, I noticed you couldn't bring yourself to vote. Selective memory?

Lighten up. That post was damn funny, and you know it.

yordad
04-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Lighten up. That post was damn funny, and you know it.LOL

Philagape
04-04-2008, 07:15 PM
I don't understand how you are making a debate out of this.

You started the thread!

yordad
04-04-2008, 07:18 PM
You started the thread!Is every thead a debate? This is a search for an answer. I don't want to argue my case, I want to see what others recall, and hopefully get a link to the play out of it. Relax man. Maybe we can argue after a good number of responses. LOL

yordad
04-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Oh come on yardrat, you can bring yourself to objectively vote, I just know it.