PDA

View Full Version : Mayock's most recent mock

Patti120
04-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted but Mayock's most recent draft has us taking DRC at 11. A bunch of corners go in the top 20.He also doesn't have Kelly or Sweed going in the first round. The first WR to go is Devon Thomas at 24 to the Titans.

So if we really wanted Thomas we would have to trade back into the first ahead of the Titans or we would have to hope that we could grab Kelly or Sweed in the
2nd.

Night Train
04-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I'd hardly cry if DRC was our selection.

Jauron was just quoted as saying he wanted another 2-3 CB's before going to camp.

This just in. The Draft does not begin and end with the first round pick.

DraftBoy
04-04-2008, 07:00 PM
DRC!!

Patti120
04-04-2008, 07:03 PM
I think our D would be pretty solid if he could come in and make an immediate impact and as long as we stay healthy.

Offense on the other hand is still scary (in a bad way) unless we grab Kelly or Sweed and they can come in and make an impact as well...

jamze132
04-04-2008, 07:29 PM
I really hope we don't spend a 1st round pick on a CB.

Thurmal
04-04-2008, 08:12 PM
I really hope we don't spend a 1st round pick on a CB.

Are you comfortable with McGee and Greer as the starters? We had one of the worst pass defenses in the entire league. Randy Moss is still in our division.

I would love DRC at 11. I think that with a OC that isn't fundamentally ******ed, we can make do with Evans, Reed, and Parrish. And, we can always get a WR in the second round; this draft is deep at wideout.

TigerJ
04-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Are you comfortable with McGee and Greer as the starters? We had one of the worst pass defenses in the entire league. Randy Moss is still in our division.

I would love DRC at 11. I think that with a OC that isn't fundamentally ******ed, we can make do with Evans, Reed, and Parrish. And, we can always get a WR in the second round; this draft is deep at wideout.
We also have Will James who has started before, and appears to be past his back problems. I'm not anti-CB if that's what the Bills do, but I would not be upset if they went WR either, and I could live with a defensive end.

jamze132
04-04-2008, 09:16 PM

I am comfortable enough with the CBs we have now to not draft one in RD1. Our CBs didn't exactly suck last year, look at all the pressure the D-line got on every QB last year, and you will know why our pass defense didn't look good.

When the best QB in the NFL is throwing to arguably one of the best WRs, bad things are going to happen...

And the trio of Evans, Reed, and Parish are about 4 ft tall combined.

Michael82
04-05-2008, 12:59 AM
I am comfortable enough with the CBs we have now to not draft one in RD1. Our CBs didn't exactly suck last year, look at all the pressure the D-line got on every QB last year, and you will know why our pass defense didn't look good.

When the best QB in the NFL is throwing to arguably one of the best WRs, bad things are going to happen...

And the trio of Evans, Reed, and Parish are about 4 ft tall combined.
:bf1:

Oaf
04-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Can't go wrong with prospects like Harvey, DRC, or Kelly especially if he runs well.

Michael82
04-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Can't go wrong with prospects like Harvey, DRC, or Kelly especially if he runs well.
as long as we trade back into the 1st round to get a WR, I'd be fine with a DRC or Harvey at #11 then....

Devin
04-05-2008, 03:28 AM
The only way im comfortable with Mcgee/greer as our starters is if we add another impact player in the front 7.

I.e drafting a pass rusher.

Jan Reimers
04-05-2008, 05:25 AM

I understand the desire to draft a CB or DE and, like Mikey, could live with one in the first round.

But I am far, far more uncomfortable with our WRs than any other position on this team. Unless someone can guarantee that the big, rangy, fast - and productive - WR that we need to compliment Evans will still be available to us in the 2nd, I say take the best WR on the board at 11.

I just don't like a key cog in our offense being the 4th or 5th best receiver in the draft.

Patti120
04-05-2008, 08:48 AM
I
But I am far, far more uncomfortable with our WRs than any other position on this team.

True!

patmoran2006
04-05-2008, 09:59 AM
I haven't and won't agree that we should take a CB.

But if we do, this is the ONLY guy I would be happy with.

justasportsfan
04-05-2008, 10:06 AM
the only way to stop MOss is get to Brady. Collapse the pocket and get to the QB and our pass D will be golden.

Lets say we get DRC , what can the O do with the ball whenever the D gives them the ball back ? The O's primary job is to score points and we won't without added weapons. The D will be happy to get back on the field after a kick return (especially after a TD ) and not after a punt.

SpillerThrills
04-05-2008, 10:33 AM

it really doesn't matter who our corners are if you don't have a pass rush.... you could have the best 2 corners in the NFL and they would look like fools if you don't have a good pass rush.

jamze132
04-05-2008, 11:57 AM
The only way im comfortable with Mcgee/greer as our starters is if we add another impact player in the front 7.

I.e drafting a pass rusher.
Dude, I really think we will be ok there. We did pickup Stroud and Johnson. Not to mention the biggest improvement to the D-line was releasing Tripplett. And lets not forget that Denney should be healthy so he and Kelsay can rotate out like two years ago when the DEs racked up a ****load of sacks.

Those are the reasons I think we should stay away from defense in RD1 and RD2 considering the fact that we really, really need a WR and a TE.

Mitchy moo
04-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Harvey will make Brady wish he never QB'd. Punish all opponents offense and plug all holes for them to try to run. We leaked like no tomorrow last year, not again.

Thurmal
04-05-2008, 12:36 PM
it really doesn't matter who our corners are if you don't have a pass rush.... you could have the best 2 corners in the NFL and they would look like fools if you don't have a good pass rush.

I agree with this to an extent. Our pass rush does suck, which is why I wouldn't mind Harvey as well. I just feel that spending the 11th pick on a wideout (which historically take a few years to develop) won't automatically make our offense awesome. We can shore up the D and win by shutting down teams in ugly, Jauron-esque games

Michael82
04-05-2008, 12:56 PM
I understand the desire to draft a CB or DE and, like Mikey, could live with one in the first round.

But I am far, far more uncomfortable with our WRs than any other position on this team. Unless someone can guarantee that the big, rangy, fast - and productive - WR that we need to compliment Evans will still be available to us in the 2nd, I say take the best WR on the board at 11.

I just don't like a key cog in our offense being the 4th or 5th best receiver in the draft.
Excellent post! :bf1: