PDA

View Full Version : Any one catch Kirwin and Schein today on Sirius givnig their 2 round mock?

jpdex12
04-04-2008, 09:36 PM
I only caught the first 12 picks of the second round and in those twelve picks they had Kelly and Sweed both going in the early second round with the TE Davis going to Buffalo in round two. Did any of you hear who they had us taking in the first round? I was curious to see their whole 2 round mock...too bad they don't post this stuff on Sirius.com.

jimbohastle51
04-04-2008, 10:49 PM
i missed the first part as well but i am pretty sure they took devin thomas for the bills.

jimbohastle51
04-04-2008, 10:50 PM
i heard from picks 14-the end and never heard thomas name so i am guessing that he was there pick cause there is no one in the top 10 that would take him.

Night Train
04-05-2008, 05:29 AM
I'm sure the Bills were listening and taking notes, since they haven't a clue who to draft.

jimbohastle51
04-05-2008, 11:43 AM
well if we go by the past couple years that is kinda right. last year they were caught up between poz and marshawn and the year before they took whitner about 10 picks to high.

jpdex12
04-05-2008, 01:30 PM
i missed the first part as well but i am pretty sure they took devin thomas for the bills.

That's what I thought. No one has the crystal ball to preview who gets picked where but I was curious to see who these guys were taking where in their mocks. I was surprised that they both had Sweed and Kelly going in round two. I think once one of these WR's gets drafted in the first round the domino effect will occur.

I'd love to see these guys drop to round two but who's to know? Imagine grabbing Harvey in the first then one of either Sweed or Kelly in round two and then a pass catching TE in the third and Terrell Thomas in the fourth? NICE!

yordad
04-05-2008, 01:32 PM
well if we go by the past couple years that is kinda right. last year they were caught up between poz and marshawn and the year before they took whitner about 10 picks to high.10 picks too high? I don't think so.

mayotm
04-05-2008, 01:33 PM
well if we go by the past couple years that is kinda right. last year they were caught up between poz and marshawn and the year before they took whitner about 10 picks to high.They wanted Whitner and got him. So why was it 10 picks too early? Just because the so-called experts said so. Whitner is the best safety of the class including Huff who was taken before him. Perhaps Whitner would have been available 10 picks later, but you need a partner to trade down. Do you have inside information that the Bills didn't try to trade down? I'm expecting big things from Whitner this year. With the improved talent around him, he won't have to spend the entire game in the box which should help him make more big plays.

X-Era
04-05-2008, 09:11 PM
They wanted Whitner and got him. So why was it 10 picks to early? Just because the so-called experts said so. Whitner is the best safety of the class including Huff who was taken before him. Perhaps Whitner would have been available 10 picks later, but you need a partner to trade down. Do you have inside information that the Bills didn't try to trade down? I'm expecting big things from Whitner this year. With the improved talent around him, he won't have to spend the entire game in the box which should help him make more big plays.

My arguement isnt what Whitner is worth, but rather what is the picks in question worth?

Is there some real tangible difference between a 11 pick and a 20 pick? Yes, they get paid more. Do we care? Especially now when we are keeping this team way under the cap.

The typical rankings of players seem to be based on a individual overall ranking. That ranking would then allow someone to "stack" players from best rank to worst.

However, the concept of "reach" seems to tell us that we are overspending or overinvesting in a prospect.

But, isnt the needs of each team also a major determinant in who gets taken when? If so, the concept of reach, may be reduced.

I just dont see it. I would look at players as having a general range. That range is based on need of the teams and where they pick. If a team like sthe Bills is desperate for a WR, and the WR's rank in the 15-25 range, but they pick at 11, I think all bets are off.

Needs drives the market, more so than worth at times.

Several WR's, including Sweed, Thomas, and Kelly look to have a 15-25 rank. But if the Bills took one at 11, its because need drove the pick.

I would not see that as a reach IMO

Tatonka
04-07-2008, 02:48 PM
anyone who says they were happy when they saw we picked whitner is 100% full of dookie.

DraftBoy
04-07-2008, 03:04 PM
anyone who says they were happy when they saw we picked whitner is 100% full of dookie.

Agreed