PDA

View Full Version : Another Mock draft I'm doing at.....

clumping platelets
04-04-2008, 10:13 PM
KFFL

We start the draft in the morning but we can make trades (limit of 2 roster players per team and must be able to accomodate per salary cap). I just traded 2nd, 5th, and DT K. Williams to Cincy GM for WR T.J. Houshmanzadeh :respect:

clumping platelets
04-04-2008, 10:15 PM
At #11, I'm likely to either DL or CB

Yasgur's Farm
04-05-2008, 07:30 AM
I like the trade... But we're gonna miss out on our TE. I would trade #11 and get a #2 back.

But... If not... I guess we go Merling or Harvey at 11. I think either of these 2 would offer better need/value ratio over the 2nd or 3rd CB out the gate.

clumping platelets
04-05-2008, 08:28 AM
There should be a decent TE in rd 3

DraftBoy
04-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Depending on the draft picks it could turn out badly. Id consider trading down in Rd 1 to gain those picks back.

clumping platelets
04-05-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm talking to TB GM about a move down to #20. 1 for 1 & 2

Yasgur's Farm
04-06-2008, 08:08 AM
:posrep: That's almost a perfect draft point value exchange. I'd be prepared to offer our 7th too... But nothing more.

clumping platelets
04-06-2008, 08:16 AM
He decided not to make the deal.

I'm gonna take DE Harvey at #11

May swing a trade of #71 and WR Josh Reed for 2nd rd pick........many possibilities for that pick........TE, DB, or WR

DraftBoy
04-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Trading our best blocking WR and our 3rd isnt a good idea imo, better to sit tight and aquire more picks imo.

clumping platelets
04-06-2008, 09:24 AM
I got Harvey at #11

clumping platelets
04-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Trading our best blocking WR and our 3rd isnt a good idea imo, better to sit tight and aquire more picks imo.

In this mock, I acquired Housh.........Parrish is my #3 now and that moves Jenkins into #4. I plan on added another WR in the middle rds

DraftBoy
04-06-2008, 09:39 AM
In this mock, I acquired Housh.........Parrish is my #3 now and that moves Jenkins into #4. I plan on added another WR in the middle rds
Parrish is a horrible liability trying to block out of a 3 WR set when you're trying to spread the field plus he can't lay down the field blocks for a WR going over the middle and breaking one. That's why I dont like losing Reed and like even less losing the 3rd Round pick given the best part of this draft is not the top 2 Rounds.

clumping platelets
04-06-2008, 09:42 AM
I do not lose a 3rd..........it becomes a 2nd by trading a player to move up.

DraftBoy
04-06-2008, 09:45 AM
I do not lose a 3rd..........it becomes a 2nd by trading a player to move up.
Trading a valuable player we can't replace in the draft. And you do lose a 3rd just because your getting a 2nd does not mean you dont lose the 3rd.

clumping platelets
04-06-2008, 10:05 AM
There is no net loss of draft choices

DraftBoy
04-06-2008, 10:18 AM
There is no net loss of draft choices
Its not about net loss when the value of the draft lies more in Day 2 then Day 1.

Yasgur's Farm
04-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Keep Reed... Parrish can't be used as a regular #3. I'd grab the best TE available round 3.

rcd333
04-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Can you give me a link where i could join a mock draft like that?

YardRat
04-06-2008, 03:12 PM
KFFL

We start the draft in the morning but we can make trades (limit of 2 roster players per team and must be able to accomodate per salary cap). I just traded 2nd, 5th, and DT K. Williams to Cincy GM for WR T.J. Houshmanzadeh :respect:

That mock just lost all credibility.

clumping platelets
04-06-2008, 10:10 PM
:mad:

clumping platelets
04-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Ok..........3rd rd pick is coming up.....

For a recap:

I have acquired WR Houshmanzadeh from Cincy for #2, #5, and DT Kyle Williams

In the 1st rd, I drafted DE Derrick Harvey

I was offered DE McBean by Pitt GM for CB Youboty. Swap of 4th rd picks included.........still working on that deal.

Who am I interested at #71?

CB Justin King, LB Xavier Adibi, DT Red Bryant, TE John Carlson, or OL Duane Brown

Thoughts?
I'm looking for value

The Spaz
04-08-2008, 11:20 PM
I don't get into crazy ,weird, not going to happen ****.

clumping platelets
04-08-2008, 11:21 PM
:negrep:

PECKERWOOD
04-09-2008, 02:39 AM
King would be a steal at #71, Carlson would fit there as well.

clumping platelets
04-09-2008, 02:49 AM
I was thinking the same thing..........Adibi was just taken with the 2nd pick of the 3rd rd

King, Carlson, Bryant, Brown...........if by some chance all are taken, DT Rubin from Iowa St or C/G Jeremy Zuttah from Rutgers would be next on my list

Yasgur's Farm
04-09-2008, 06:17 AM
With Kyle Williams gone... Gotta address the DT rotation. Bryant our Rubin would not only fill the bill, but either would be a nice upgrade over Williams.

Clump... you gotta somehow grab TE Jermichael Finley or WR Paul Hubbard in the 4th.

mysticsoto
04-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Out of those, King or Carlson are the best options. Given that you've addressed DE with Harvey and WR with TJ via trade, I'd go for TE next to address our next gaping hole. It would be terrible if you went into the 4th and most of the good TEs were taken. On the other hand, there are some CB sleepers that will fit our style/coverage scheme that you can likely get in the 4th rd and perhaps even beyond. Keep your eye on Antuan Molden, Darnell Terrell...and there are a few others.

clumping platelets
04-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Very good.........thanks y'all :up:

clumping platelets
04-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Ok.......I got TE John Carlson at #71

With 2 4th rd picks, I'll look at the lines and secondary

mysticsoto
04-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Ok.......I got TE John Carlson at #71

With 2 4th rd picks, I'll look at the lines and secondary

Let us know who's available when it's time. I would pick best player available rather than just focus on position. Sometimes people fall and you can take advantage.

A CB is likely to fall to you that will favor the cover 2. Not all teams implement this style and someone will rather man to man corners. Antuan Molden, Tyvon Branch, Darnell Terrell...atleast one of those guys should be there in the 4th. As for your 2nd 4th rounder. I might use it to take a tall WR that can be developed. Marcus Monk, if he's available might be a good one. You could alternatively look to grabbing our next Center - maybe John Sullivan. The Center class is weak, however, so I wouldn't reach too much. If the 1st 2 or 3 centers are already taken, the value drops off and I'd spend the 2nd 4th rounder on something else.

clumping platelets
04-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Ok........one more pick until the 1st 4th rd selection

Who I'm considering:

C Steve Justice (Wake Forest)
G John Greco (Toledo)
FB Peyton Hillis (Arkansas)
OLB Stanford Keglar (Purdue)
OLB Bryan Kehl (BYU)
WR Paul Hubbard (Wisconsin)
DT Nick Hayden (Wisconsin)
DB Darnell Terrell (Missouri)
CB Chevis Jackson (LSU)

clumping platelets
04-10-2008, 11:28 PM
I went with CB Chevis Jackson from LSU

Yasgur's Farm
04-11-2008, 06:11 AM
Hope Paul Hubbard's left at 4b.

mysticsoto
04-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Ok........one more pick until the 1st 4th rd selection

Who I'm considering:

C Steve Justice (Wake Forest)
G John Greco (Toledo)
FB Peyton Hillis (Arkansas)
OLB Stanford Keglar (Purdue)
OLB Bryan Kehl (BYU)
WR Paul Hubbard (Wisconsin)
DT Nick Hayden (Wisconsin)
DB Darnell Terrell (Missouri)
CB Chevis Jackson (LSU)

Depending on who was available, I probably would have gone with Chevis Jackson or Paul Hubbard. Antuan Molden was gone already?

In your 4b pick coming up, I'm looking at 2nd WR and C more closely unless a good prospect falls elsewhere (DE, DT or OLB).

clumping platelets
04-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Yes, Molden was taken

clumping platelets
04-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I got WR Paul Hubbard with the Bills 4th rd comp pick

No picks until 6th (I traded the one 5th to Cincy GM)

6th and 2 7th's remaining

Yasgur's Farm
04-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I got WR Paul Hubbard with the Bills 4th rd comp pick

No picks until 6th (I traded the one 5th to Cincy GM)

6th and 2 7th's remaining WR Houshmanzadeh
1 DE Derrick Harvey
3 TE John Carlson
4a CB Chevis Jackson
4b WR Paul Hubbard

Not exactly how I would have gone... But you addressed all our major needs. NICE JOB! :posrep: (Opps... I can't rep you... I gotta spread it around 1st).

On too the final 4 picks...
Please consider C Jamey Richard, DE Chris Harrington, ILB Ben Moffitt, OG Shannon Tevaga, OT Kirk Barton.
7a
7b
7c

clumping platelets
04-11-2008, 05:32 PM
WR Houshmanzadeh
1 DE Derrick Harvey
3 TE John Carlson
4a CB Chevis Jackson
4b WR Paul Hubbard

Not exactly how I would have gone... But you addressed all our major needs. NICE JOB! :posrep: (Opps... I can't rep you... I gotta spread it around 1st).

On too the final 4 picks...
Please consider C Jamey Richard, DE Chris Harrington, ILB Ben Moffitt, OG Shannon Tevaga, OT Kirk Barton.
7a
7b
7c

:oops:

You are right, we have 3 7th's..........

Barton is gone.....I will see what's available once the 6th rd pick comes closer

Yasgur's Farm
04-11-2008, 05:35 PM
OT Breno Giacomini then... Of course we'll need another DT for the rotation as well.

clumping platelets
04-12-2008, 08:07 AM
I traded Youboty to the Chiefs GM for 7, 210

If I see a player I want, I'm gonna try trading up for him

Yasgur's Farm
04-12-2008, 09:14 AM
I don't like the value of that trade at all. Youboty's worth way more than a 7th!

At this stage of the draft there shouldn't be much trading up or down... 7th rounders don't hold much value at all.

clumping platelets
04-12-2008, 09:16 AM
I disagree.......he's shown me nothing and is a soft player

Chevis Jackson can replace him

clumping platelets
04-13-2008, 07:35 AM
In the 6th rd, I drafted QB Dennis Dixon from Oregon

I have 4 7th rd picks. I plan on adding an interior OL, LB, DT, and DB

mysticsoto
04-13-2008, 01:42 PM
I traded Youboty to the Chiefs GM for 7, 210

If I see a player I want, I'm gonna try trading up for him

What??? That's a horrible move!!!

mysticsoto
04-13-2008, 01:44 PM
In the 6th rd, I drafted QB Dennis Dixon from Oregon

I have 4 7th rd picks. I plan on adding an interior OL, LB, DT, and DB

If OT Thaddeus Coleman is still there, grab him. Also you will need a center. Hopefully Richard or Velasco are still there.

If you put up a list of who's still available, I can rank them more...but at this point, it's hard to tell who's available in your mock draft...

clumping platelets
04-13-2008, 08:18 PM
If OT Thaddeus Coleman is still there, grab him. Also you will need a center. Hopefully Richard or Velasco are still there.

If you put up a list of who's still available, I can rank them more...but at this point, it's hard to tell who's available in your mock draft...

all 3 are still available with only a few picks left in the 6th rd

clumping platelets
04-13-2008, 08:19 PM
What??? That's a horrible move!!!

read my previous post aboot him

mysticsoto
04-13-2008, 09:15 PM
all 3 are still available with only a few picks left in the 6th rd

Coleman has the ability to play left tackle if developed. He would be a great pickup in the 6th...and we could get rid of Chambers!!!

clumping platelets
04-13-2008, 09:18 PM
I only have 4 7th's left...........I'll definitely consider all of them

mysticsoto
04-13-2008, 09:25 PM
read my previous post aboot him

Youboty is not that bad and hasn't had as much time as one would think to develop. I hoped we would pick Corey Webster a few years ago. He remained as a backup for awhile, and I had just about given up on him thinking I was wrong about him. And yet, last year on the Giants, he started turning it up and played phenomenal! Youboty is not at the point where he can be labeled a bust yet and he's definitely better than a 7th rd pick at this point.

That was a terrible decision by you - but it's too late to do anything about. Draft Coleman and see what Centers are available in the 7th...

clumping platelets
04-13-2008, 09:31 PM
But in this scenario, the Bills still have McGee, Greer, James, 4th rd pick Chevis Jackson, and Fox at CB. I will be adding another CB in the 7th

DraftBoy
04-13-2008, 10:00 PM
But in this scenario, the Bills still have McGee, Greer, James, 4th rd pick Chevis Jackson, and Fox at CB. I will be adding another CB in the 7th

That sounds like we have done almost nothing to improve a bad spot on our team. Jackson went too high and is a weak non-physical corner. We have a #2 CB and a #3 CB and thats about it.

clumping platelets
04-13-2008, 10:07 PM
:rolleyes:

DraftBoy
04-13-2008, 10:15 PM
:rolleyes:

Roll your eyes all you want but you've taken a weak spot on the team and even further weakened it, not to mention my already previous comments on this mock and the other. I hope that the Bills go in a complete and utter different direction on draft day. Of course thats simply my opinion but a draft like this will hurt us for the future not help us.

mysticsoto
04-14-2008, 08:03 AM
That sounds like we have done almost nothing to improve a bad spot on our team. Jackson went too high and is a weak non-physical corner. We have a #2 CB and a #3 CB and thats about it.

I have to agree. The Youboty trade brought the team in nothing worthwhile. How many 7th rounders do you know even make the team? That was a bad decision and weakened the cornerback position. Clump, you seem to assume that Chevis will automatically be able to jump in and start contributing from the start. That's a bad assumption - especially since, though he's a decent athlete, he is kind of slow. Now we might have to give Dustin Fox some time - a total nobody...

Like I said, it's too late to deal with this now, but you might want to grab a C and another CB to put on the PS and hope he develops quickly. See if a Glenn Sharpe or Brian Witherspoon has fallen this low or some other sleeper prospect...I have to go to a meeting now, but I can look some up later for you...

DraftBoy
04-14-2008, 08:11 AM
a good OC prospect may be Brenna Carvallo from Maine

CB wise Id look at Brandon Carr from GV St, Derrick Huff EKU, Brian Witherspoon Spilman, Al Phillips Wagner, Bobbie Williams Bethune-Cook.

clumping platelets
04-14-2008, 12:02 PM
I got Fernando Velasco at 7,210

At 7,219........my proxy list (in order) is CB Kennard Cox, C Adam Spieker, OT David Hale, DE Chris Harrington, LB Mike Humpal, and RB Brian McAnderson

Yasgur's Farm
04-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Chris Harrington

DraftBoy
04-14-2008, 12:39 PM

At 7,219........my proxy list (in order) is CB Kennard Cox, C Adam Spieker, OT David Hale, DE Chris Harrington, LB Mike Humpal, and RB Brian McAnderson

Velasco is good value wise....why are you looking at a 2nd OC in Spieker?

Hale is a good project OT with high upside, McAnderson is a projected FB at the next level and the other guys are border line NFL players. Why are you not looking at some higher upside guys?

mysticsoto
04-14-2008, 01:02 PM

That's it? If you grabbed Velasco, as DB says, you shouldn't need Spieker on the list - take him off. A RB? Please...we are full - no thanks. You should have several CBs on this list given that you've gotten rid of Youboty...anybody else available? How about guards?

clumping platelets
04-14-2008, 08:18 PM
I got CB Cox at #219 and C Spieker at #224. I didn't have a chance to adjust my proxy list cuz I was sleeping. But Velasco has played more than just C in his college career

I watched Kansas many times and was impressed at McAnderson's versatility.

Do not have a pick until #251 so I will see what happens in the next 10-15 picks

DraftBoy
04-14-2008, 10:24 PM
I got CB Cox at #219 and C Spieker at #224. I didn't have a chance to adjust my proxy list cuz I was sleeping. But Velasco has played more than just C in his college career

I watched Kansas many times and was impressed at McAnderson's versatility.

Do not have a pick until #251 so I will see what happens in the next 10-15 picks

Yea he's played OT and OG while at UGA but was moved to OC because of his play at the other positions and they got better options there.

clumping platelets
04-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Spieker can also play G

DraftBoy
04-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Spieker can also play G

Yes he can

clumping platelets
04-14-2008, 11:08 PM
I will have a summary of my strategy after it's all done tomorrow :D

clumping platelets
04-15-2008, 11:13 PM
The last pick at #251 was RB/FB Brian McAnderson from Kansas

We will be starting with UDFA tonight (Wed), how this will happen :idunno:
I guess each GM is allowed 10 UDFAs but you request 5 at a time. My 1st 5 will be: WR Jason Jones (Ark-PB), LB Hilee Taylor (NC), S Chris Horton (UCLA), DE Trevor Scott (UB), and C Jameson Richard (UB)

After that, I'll see who's still available

mysticsoto
04-16-2008, 07:09 AM
Can you place your draft roster in one post to reference instead of us having to go through the entire thread?

I didn't like your last 7th rd pick. I think you should have gone with some backup Olinemen - of which you didn't appear to get any. Just realized you grabbed Spieker also who can play guard. I'd look for OT now then...

For UDFA, DT Tywain Myles is a good prospect for our style of D. He could sit and develop in the PS. Jason Jones is a good pick and Hilee Taylor and Trevor Scott are fine also. For Olinemen, is Matt Spanos still available? He can play pretty much any position on the line and would be ideal. Demetrius Bell might be another name to look for...there should be plenty of quality WRs to pick from even in UDFA. I'd pick several given that we have that as a weakness...

For CBs, see if Brandon Carr is available...alot of these small schoolers get overlooked with all the hype that the bigger schools receive. But they could surprise...

DraftBoy
04-16-2008, 11:05 AM
WR Micah Rucker would be huge!

clumping platelets
04-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Summary per request - my thoughts and strategy to follow later

Before mock draft started, I traded 2nd (#41), 5th (#147), and DT Kyle Williams to Cincy for WR T.J. Houshmanzadeh

During draft, I traded CB Ashton Youboty to Chiefs for 7th (#210)

1,11 - DE Derrick Harvey (Florida)
3,71 - TE John Carlson (Notre Dame)
4,114 - CB Chevis Jackson (LSU)
4,132 - WR Paul Hubbard (Wisconsin)
6,179 - QB Dennis Dixon (Oregon)
7,210 - OL Fernando Velasco (Georgia)
7,219 - CB Kennard Cox (Pittsburgh)
7,224 - C/G Adam Spieker (Missouri)
7,251 - RB/FB Brian McAnderson (Kansas)

UDFAs I've been awarded

WR Jason Jones (Arkansas-Pine Bluff)
DE Trevor Scott (Buffalo)