Schobel, Kelsay and Denney...who's the fourth in the rotation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Schobel, Kelsay and Denney...who's the fourth in the rotation?

We always use a rotation of four DT's and four DE's. We currently lack a fourth DE for the rotation. FA has dried up for DE's.

Our depth chart is filled with adequate corners at the present. McGee, Greer, Yobouty and James. We do need a solid draft pick to provide more depth and challange the starters but a solid DE rotation will make better CB's automatically. I'd like to see the Bills go after a DE early but not at the expense of losing out on one of the top WR's that we need. I would be thrilled if we grabbed Kelly or Thomas in round one and Lawrence Jackson in round two followed by Carlson in three and Terrell Thomas in four. Or Harvey in round one and Sweed in round two followed by Rucker then Thomas. Kelly, Davis, Thomas and Rucker? Nice possibility.

WR, TE, CB and DE are big needs for us in the first four rounds.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Schobel, Kelsay and Denney...who's the fourth in the rotation?

So.... a rotational DE is more important then a starting CB?

Neill is a DE, and our new DT Johnson can be one too. Seems we have one more guy already though.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Harvey 1st, move up and grab a WR.

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

they also have Shaun Nua, and Copeland Bryant who they signed from Chicago last year, dont rule out the depth signing of a vet either, Like Hall, or someone similiar

We need to go offense first 2 picks we have enough extra picks to get the depth guyz, WE NEED WR. TE. FB. C after that is gravy picks would luv to see us grab antoher WR later in the draft
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by yordad
          So.... a rotational DE is more important then a starting CB?

Neill is a DE, and our new DT Johnson can be one too. Seems we have one more guy already though.
          yeah... actually,, getting an elite pass rusher who fits into a starting rotation is more valuable than a starting cb, especially in our scheme.

Perfect example is Denver D vs Giants D. Raiders D vs Bucs D. Denver and Oak both have great CBs, Bucs and Giants have old or average CBs and still get it done.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Mahdi
            yeah... actually,, getting an elite pass rusher who fits into a starting rotation is more valuable than a starting cb, especially in our scheme.

Perfect example is Denver D vs Giants D. Raiders D vs Bucs D. Denver and Oak both have great CBs, Bucs and Giants have old or average CBs and still get it done.
            "Starting" "rotation"? Isn't that an oxy-moron? A guy who comes of the bench in situatuions is not a starter. And, one who starts any where is more important, IMO.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jayhawk
              • Aug 2004

we need Aquib Tailb
              http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Ask yourself, "who was more important in '07, McGee or Hargrove?"

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

With Neill, Nua, Bryant and Corey Mace (moved from DT) behind Schobel, Kelsay and Denney - and assuming Johnson to be more of a rotational DT - we could use another DE.

Guys like Marcus Howard, Bruce Davis, Chris Harrington and Jeremy Thompson are presumed to be there in rounds 4-6. I wouldn't take one until the 4th round at the earliest.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jayhawk
                    we need Aquib Tailb
                    Is that Gibran Hamden's cousin??

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      With Neill, Nua, Bryant and Corey Mace (moved from DT) behind Schobel, Kelsay and Denney - and assuming Johnson to be more of a rotational DT - we could use another DE.

Guys like Marcus Howard, Bruce Davis, Chris Harrington and Jeremy Thompson are presumed to be there in rounds 4-6. I wouldn't take one until the 4th round at the earliest.
                      Dang Jan. Your good.
                      Last edited by yordad; 04-05-2008, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by yordad
                        Dang Jan. Your good.
                        I'm like a fine wine, except I can't tell whether I'm getting better in my old age, or turning to vinegar.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

And guys, I'm not saying I don't think we can do better for DEs. But, before we draft a first rounder, we would have to unload one of our starters, IMO. That isn't going to happen this year. And, before we ever do something like that we would have to start with less holes.
                          Originally posted by Skooby
                          Is that Gibran Hamden's cousin??
                          Yes, his identical cousin.
                          Last edited by yordad; 04-05-2008, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Bruce Smith played almost every down. Phil Hansen played almost every down. If these guys who get paid way, way more money - for way, way less return - can't play every down then they are not worth it.

Rotation?? Not for the money they are being paid.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                              shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                              • Mar 2007

The 4th man in the rotation will be the Bills first pick, Harvey. He will be as good as the #2 man after training camp.

Comment

Working...
                              X