X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2985
    • Mar 2004

McCargo thoughts

Okay with stroud going to be demanding two blockers on almost everydown i really feel the flashes mccargo showed will be increased with him getting more one on one situations. With his quickness off the line and his ability to get away from that first blocker i think he will make a lot of big plays behind the line of scrimmage. yes they will rotate the d-line but i think him next to stroud will do the bills wonders. what do you think?
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: McCargo thoughts

I'm expecting McCargo to consistently play like a first-round pick this year...with or without Stroud in the line up.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

I would like to see him live up to some part of the 1st round pick we saw in him. I have seen a few flashes but it's time to put it on now....Stroud will command the extra guys so he should have 1 on 1's for the most part....We'll see.

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Lefty2985
        Okay with stroud going to be demanding two blockers on almost everydown i really feel the flashes mccargo showed will be increased with him getting more one on one situations. With his quickness off the line and his ability to get away from that first blocker i think he will make a lot of big plays behind the line of scrimmage. yes they will rotate the d-line but i think him next to stroud will do the bills wonders. what do you think?
        I agree! I am a fan of the guy and think he will continue his progress and play well this year....or so i hope.

Comment

• Scumbag College
          • Oct 2002

McCargo was far and away the best DT on the team last year, he'll only get better with Stroud in there. If the Bills go with Harvey at #11, then the front seven is set and the D line turns from a weakness to the strongest part of this team.
          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
            • Aug 2005

I was really against the Harvey pick at first, but I am starting to warm up to it because of how long it usually takes a WR to become a player in the NFL. If we get Harvey in the first, WR in the second, TE in the third I will be psyched.
            SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
              I was really against the Harvey pick at first, but I am starting to warm up to it because of how long it usually takes a WR to become a player in the NFL. If we get Harvey in the first, WR in the second, TE in the third I will be psyched.
              I saw on kffl.com that the Bills visited with Cliff Avril a DE from Purdue as well, just some food for thought.

Now back to the topic at hand, McCargo was arguably our best DL next to Schobel. I dubbed McCargo as a bust at the beginning of last year and I felt like he really proved me wrong. At times towards the end of last year he was just dominant, the potential is obviously there but can he be consistently dominant? That's the question that remains to be seen. I would also love to see him play a full year without getting hurt, he needs to show me that he is a durable player.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Lets start by hoping McCargo wins the job out of camp lets keep in mind Spencer Johnson was brought in to compete for the starting job.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i am 100% positive that mccargo starts. i will put a wager on that.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

I'll bet 10,000 ZB's that McCargo and Stroud are the starters if both are healthy.

Comment

• jamze132
                      • Jun 2003

Most of the points made in this thread are the main reason why we do not need to got D-line in the 1st or 2nd round. We need to go WR and TE on Day1.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

McCargo is on the verge. Sometimes you can just tell when a player is going to bust out and having Stroud next door will allow that to happen. Johnson will be a valuable rotational guy. I still think DE is not a bad idea in round 1.

Comment

• acehole
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Lefty2985
                          on paper yes....I believe it is the idea.

Is he healthy (Stroud)?

Will McCargo build on what he did last year?

Will the two high motor white guys benifit?

Will the db's have more picks because of it?

Will LB's be free to rome like buffalo?

Stay tuned all questions will be answered in due time...
                          Hated by the stupid..
                          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• venis2k1
                            Youboty can hope
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                            I dubbed McCargo as a bust at the beginning of last year and I felt like he really proved me wrong.
                            That makes as much sense as me saying Poz is a bust.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                              only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by venis2k1
                              That makes as much sense as me saying Poz is a bust.

Everyone thought the same way about him. (McCargo)

Comment

Working...
                              X