PDA

View Full Version : McCargo thoughts

Lefty2985
04-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Okay with stroud going to be demanding two blockers on almost everydown i really feel the flashes mccargo showed will be increased with him getting more one on one situations. With his quickness off the line and his ability to get away from that first blocker i think he will make a lot of big plays behind the line of scrimmage. yes they will rotate the d-line but i think him next to stroud will do the bills wonders. what do you think?

YardRat
04-05-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm expecting McCargo to consistently play like a first-round pick this year...with or without Stroud in the line up.

ryjam282
04-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I would like to see him live up to some part of the 1st round pick we saw in him. I have seen a few flashes but it's time to put it on now....Stroud will command the extra guys so he should have 1 on 1's for the most part....We'll see.

Pinkerton Security
04-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Okay with stroud going to be demanding two blockers on almost everydown i really feel the flashes mccargo showed will be increased with him getting more one on one situations. With his quickness off the line and his ability to get away from that first blocker i think he will make a lot of big plays behind the line of scrimmage. yes they will rotate the d-line but i think him next to stroud will do the bills wonders. what do you think?

I agree! I am a fan of the guy and think he will continue his progress and play well this year....or so i hope.

Scumbag College
04-05-2008, 10:24 PM
McCargo was far and away the best DT on the team last year, he'll only get better with Stroud in there. If the Bills go with Harvey at #11, then the front seven is set and the D line turns from a weakness to the strongest part of this team.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-05-2008, 10:27 PM
I was really against the Harvey pick at first, but I am starting to warm up to it because of how long it usually takes a WR to become a player in the NFL. If we get Harvey in the first, WR in the second, TE in the third I will be psyched.

PECKERWOOD
04-06-2008, 02:17 AM
I was really against the Harvey pick at first, but I am starting to warm up to it because of how long it usually takes a WR to become a player in the NFL. If we get Harvey in the first, WR in the second, TE in the third I will be psyched.

I saw on kffl.com that the Bills visited with Cliff Avril a DE from Purdue as well, just some food for thought.

Now back to the topic at hand, McCargo was arguably our best DL next to Schobel. I dubbed McCargo as a bust at the beginning of last year and I felt like he really proved me wrong. At times towards the end of last year he was just dominant, the potential is obviously there but can he be consistently dominant? That's the question that remains to be seen. I would also love to see him play a full year without getting hurt, he needs to show me that he is a durable player.

DraftBoy
04-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Lets start by hoping McCargo wins the job out of camp lets keep in mind Spencer Johnson was brought in to compete for the starting job.

Tatonka
04-06-2008, 10:43 AM
i am 100% positive that mccargo starts. i will put a wager on that.

PECKERWOOD
04-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I'll bet 10,000 ZB's that McCargo and Stroud are the starters if both are healthy.

jamze132
04-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Most of the points made in this thread are the main reason why we do not need to got D-line in the 1st or 2nd round. We need to go WR and TE on Day1.

ParanoidAndroid
04-06-2008, 04:12 PM
McCargo is on the verge. Sometimes you can just tell when a player is going to bust out and having Stroud next door will allow that to happen. Johnson will be a valuable rotational guy. I still think DE is not a bad idea in round 1.

acehole
04-06-2008, 04:20 PM

on paper yes....I believe it is the idea.

Is he healthy (Stroud)?

Will McCargo build on what he did last year?

Will the two high motor white guys benifit?

Will the db's have more picks because of it?

Will LB's be free to rome like buffalo?

Stay tuned all questions will be answered in due time...

venis2k1
04-06-2008, 05:14 PM
I dubbed McCargo as a bust at the beginning of last year and I felt like he really proved me wrong.

That makes as much sense as me saying Poz is a bust.

Mitchell55
04-06-2008, 06:12 PM
That makes as much sense as me saying Poz is a bust.

Everyone thought the same way about him. (McCargo)

jamze132
04-07-2008, 01:07 AM
So when we draft a DE in the 1st round, I am assuming he will be starting opposite of Schobel. So you have a very expensive back-up DE with Kelsay and you still have munchkin WRs.

There is no way I would go defense at all on Day 1.