PDA

View Full Version : Lindy needs to swallow some blame....

Mitchy moo
04-06-2008, 11:22 AM
He should of stood on Tom G.'s head until he signed Briere / Drury's contracts. I will remain bitter about this for a long time.

RockStar36
04-06-2008, 11:23 AM
That is fine and dandy Skooby but we don't need a million threads on it...again.

MikeInRoch
04-06-2008, 11:39 AM
That's what Skooby does.

YardRat
04-06-2008, 11:47 AM
He should've played Thibeault more, also.

Dr. Lecter
04-06-2008, 11:49 AM
He can't force the owner to sign players and it is not his responsibility to do so.

Mitchy moo
04-06-2008, 12:32 PM
He can't force the owner to sign players and it is not his responsibility to do so.

If he threatened to quit because of it being the biggest F-up in the history of the Sabres.

RockStar36
04-06-2008, 06:58 PM
If he threatened to quit because of it being the biggest F-up in the history of the Sabres.

Then he would be out of a job and the Sabre would've done a lot worse than they did.

Mitchy moo
04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Then he would be out of a job and the Sabre would've done a lot worse than they did.

Lindy could of stepped up and complained more about it.

RockStar36
04-06-2008, 07:04 PM
AND HE WOULD BE OUT OF A JOB

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-06-2008, 07:25 PM
What your saying Skooby is the same thing that Nolan did when he was here, he went over Muckler's head and went right to the late Seymour Knox III and Muckler didn't like that and that started the feud between Muckler and Nolan and that's what got them both fired. A coach doesn't go right to the owner it's none of his business he has only one thing to do, coach! if he's not satisfied then he's supposed to report to GM and the GM is supposed to report to the owner.

Mitchy moo
04-06-2008, 07:30 PM
What your saying Skooby is the same thing that Nolan did when he was here he went over Muckler's head and went right to the late Seymour Knox III and Muckler didn't like that and that started the feud between Muckler and Nolan and that's what got them both fired. A coach doesn't go right to the owner he has only one thing to do coach! if he's not satisfied then he's supposed to report to GM and the GM is supposed to report to the owner.

Good point, there is a course to follow in this type of situation. I just feel that if Lindy lobbied harder we would of heard about it, so he probably backed off of it. Looking back and saying something means 0 now but it's these types of situations you look to avoid in the first place.

OpIv37
04-06-2008, 09:07 PM
while I do think Lindy lost this team towards the end of the playoffs and he deserves some criticism for this season, he had nothing to do with the contracts.

How many people can get a way with demanding that their boss do something? At the end of the day, Golisano still would have done what he wanted and it would have made things awkward between him and Ruff. It would create tension with no results- that's pointless.

LABillsFan
04-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I agree, Lindy and his track record would have been out of a job for a good 5-6 minutes.