PDA

View Full Version : Player by player comparison of every starter in the AFC east. Phin Fan please comment

Mitchell55
04-06-2008, 04:19 PM
TE vs Clemons vs Beck- Id take Edwards (Beck and Clemons had a horrible rookie year and Edwards was average)
Lynch vs Jones vs Brown- Id take Lynch (Lynch almost went to the Pro Bowl and Brown and Jones are average)
Evans vs Coles vs Ginn LOL- Id take Evans (Ginn LOL, Evans is a top 10 WR and Coles is getting old.
All I know is the Jets win the TE battle
Bills win OL battle. 2 could be pro bowlers and a above average RT
Taylor vs Schoebel vs Ellis- Phins ( Taylor is maybe a HOF
Stroud vs any one else- Stroud (Stroud is one of the best DTs in Jaguars history)
Mitchell Pos and Crowell win (no debate)
Greer and McGee vs Revis and the others vs Well the Phins just suck here- Bills
Whitner vs Rhodes- Whitner(the phins arent even worth mension)

This was mainly for Phin Fan because he thinks the Jets and the Phins are better than us.

hydro
04-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Be prepared for ridicule on this one...

Mitchell55
04-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Be prepared for ridicule on this one...

By fin fan right?

gr8slayer
04-06-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure why this thread was started but o.k.

Care to post specifics on why you feel the way you do about each area?

Mitchell55
04-06-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure why this thread was started but o.k.

Care to post specifics on why you feel the way you do about each area?

I did this because of how phin fan was trashing us today.

gr8slayer
04-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I did this because of how phin fan was trashing us on a site.
Fair enough...

xXSpIkes5IXx
04-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Dude, did you watch Ronnie Brown play last year..?

He was supurb until he got injured, I have to give that one to the dolphins

Not to mention a bunch of other questionable comparisons that i dont even want to get into.

Mitchell55
04-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Dude, did you watch Ronnie Brown play last year..?

He was supurb until he got injured, I have to give that one to the dolphins

Not to mention a bunch of other questionable comparisons that i dont even want to get into.

Compared to Lynch? Lynch was the 3rd leading rusher before his injury so whats your point?

gr8slayer
04-06-2008, 05:15 PM
The only reason I wouldn't take Brown from this point on is the extent of his injury.

venis2k1
04-06-2008, 05:24 PM
i like how you didnt include any pats on your comparison of "every starter in the AFCE". Also, The jets o-line is very very good.

If your point was to prove that the bills have more talent than a team that went 1-15 last year. Then i would agree....but thats not a very hard thing to prove.

Mitchell55
04-06-2008, 06:10 PM
i like how you didnt include any pats on your comparison of "every starter in the AFCE". Also, The jets o-line is very very good.

If your point was to prove that the bills have more talent than a team that went 1-15 last year. Then i would agree....but thats not a very hard thing to prove.

Here

QB- Pats
RB- Bills/ Pats
WR- Pats
DE- Pats
DT- Bills
OL- Pats
LB- Pats
CB- Bills/NYJ
S- Pats/ Bills

venis2k1
04-06-2008, 06:46 PM
DT- Bills

I dont think so.

X-Era
04-06-2008, 06:49 PM
TE vs Clemons vs Beck- Id take Edwards (Beck and Clemons had a horrible rookie year and Edwards was average)
Lynch vs Jones vs Brown- Id take Lynch (Lynch almost went to the Pro Bowl and Brown and Jones are average)
Evans vs Coles vs Ginn LOL- Id take Evans (Ginn LOL, Evans is a top 10 WR and Coles is getting old.
Stroud vs any one else- Stroud (Stroud is one of the best DTs in Jaguars history)

This was mainly for Phin Fan because he thinks the Jets and the Phins are better than us.

Look, I love the spirit of this thread.

But, your comparing us to two of the worst teams in football.

Yes, facts are facts, we should end up 2nd in our division without a doubt this year. I agree.

But thats a far cry from saying we are a 10 win playoff team.

LtFinFan66
04-06-2008, 06:55 PM

This was mainly for Phin Fan because he thinks the Jets and the Phins are better than us.I'll give you Edwards
I'll take Brown over Lynch
LOL at Ginn while you can (Evans barely exist without JP though)
Tight End: blah
I'll crown your OL the best when they play to the money earned
Taylor
We will see how Stroud plays for you guys
I will disagree on the LB for now.
Our CB's may not be good but yours aren't that great
Whitner did not impress me as much as I like him being a Buckeye. He did play better at the end of the year

And from now either just post who you think is pretty without the snide comments or put it in the smack zone

LtFinFan66
04-06-2008, 06:56 PM
I did this because of how phin fan was trashing us today.Give us a name not just phin fan

PECKERWOOD
04-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Ronnie Brown was better than Lynch until he got injured, imo. I love Lynch but ofcourse you are going to have more production when you get the ball a billion times more.

Bone
04-06-2008, 08:15 PM
You make some weird threads

Mski
04-06-2008, 08:32 PM
:spam:?

patmoran2006
04-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Reevis is better than McGee and Greer COMBINED.

and you got Whitner better than Rhodes? LMAO. Take 30 other GM's and I bet you all 30 of them would take Rhodes first, ALL 30 of them.. I dont care if Donte's dad was a GM he'd take Rhodes too.

C'mon man.. Some objectivity here dude.

evol4276
04-06-2008, 09:08 PM
how the hell is ronnie brown average?

Elminster
04-06-2008, 09:18 PM
how the hell is ronnie brown average?
This. You could argue it before this year, but he was playing like a top 10 RB AT LEAST before he got hurt. He's the #1 reason we needed to trade for Stroud.

Devin
04-06-2008, 09:21 PM

Kerry Rhodes is the best safety in the east, and in the top 5 in all of the NFL imo.

There is no question JT is a HOF'er and even at his age is still the best DE in the East.

As far as CB's.....my god at this point its like choosing who sucks the least. Ill give the nod to Revis. But barely.

Id take Coles/Cotchery over our current situation.

Id give us the nod on the OL. But even thats in doubt with the wall they are building in NY. If Brick pulls his act together thats a nasty OL.

TE vs Clemens Vs Beck. Good lord. What a pile of vomit. Ill go with TE almost exclusivley because of playing time this past season but that by no means means hes the best choice.

more cowbell
04-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Ronnie Brown was one of the best backs in the league last season until he got injured. The dude was a top 5 pick...im pretty sure he's better than average...

Kerry Rhodes is one of the better safties in the NFL, and if you want to talk about average Whitner could be the poster boy for that.

In terms of linebacker, POZ has played 3 games in his career where as the jets david harris was awesome last year when he was inserted into the starting role...calvin pace is a good player as well so im not so sure the bills linebackers are far and away the best in the division

its kellen CLEMENS not clemons...

pretty sure id take ferguson mangold and alan faneca over peters dockery and melvin fowler

the jets also have 2 starting recievers in cotchery and coles where as we dont have ANYONE at the moment as a clear cut number 2...avantage...jets

after reading this mostly everyones going to think im a jets fan but in reality im just a realistic bills fan like most of the people on this board... go bills

Mitchell55
04-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Ronnie Brown was one of the best backs in the league last season until he got injured. The dude was a top 5 pick...im pretty sure he's better than average...

Kerry Rhodes is one of the better safties in the NFL, and if you want to talk about average Whitner could be the poster boy for that.

In terms of linebacker, POZ has played 3 games in his career where as the jets david harris was awesome last year when he was inserted into the starting role...calvin pace is a good player as well so im not so sure the bills linebackers are far and away the best in the division

its kellen CLEMENS not clemons...

pretty sure id take ferguson mangold and alan faneca over peters dockery and melvin fowler

the jets also have 2 starting recievers in cotchery and coles where as we dont have ANYONE at the moment as a clear cut number 2...avantage...jets

after reading this mostly everyones going to think im a jets fan but in reality im just a realistic bills fan like most of the people on this board... go bills

I mainly did player vs player. It wasnt realy positional like you did with your recievers. Sorry about this thread. I got realy pissed of at one of the Dolphin fans who said that the bills will go 3rd in the east and will have a tough time vercus the Phins.

Pinkerton Security
04-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Reevis is better than McGee and Greer COMBINED.

and you got Whitner better than Rhodes? LMAO. Take 30 other GM's and I bet you all 30 of them would take Rhodes first, ALL 30 of them.. I dont care if Donte's dad was a GM he'd take Rhodes too.

C'mon man.. Some objectivity here dude.

i dont think our cb's are anything great, but reevis isnt that good IMO, id take mcgee over him, he got toasted a lot IMO last year as a rook. this year may be a different story, however.

DrastiK
04-07-2008, 07:20 PM
[quote=LtFinFan66
I'll take Brown over Lynch
[/quote]

hahaha Yeah right hah ha ha

ah haa

ha haha

LtFinFan66
04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
hahaha Yeah right hah ha ha

ah haa

ha hahaFunny how quite a few Bills fans agree. But go ahead and laugh it up

Mitchell55
04-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Funny how quite a few Bills fans agree. But go ahead and laugh it up

We will see this year.

evol4276
04-07-2008, 07:54 PM
brown really wasnt even average before last year, he was imo one of the top rb's for the past 2 or so years. he's quite the beast and ATM i feel he has an edge on ML, tho dont get me wrong, i absolutely love lynch

LtFinFan66
04-07-2008, 08:02 PM
We will see this year.Well Brown is coming off a major knee injury but yes, we will see. But then again you said he was average so that says a lot

And I am not knocking Lynch....he actually reminded me a bit of Brown in his running style

Mitchell55
04-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Well Brown is coming off a major knee injury but yes, we will see. But then again you said he was average so that says a lot

And I am not knocking Lynch....he actually reminded me a bit of Brown in his running style

2 things. 1, of course im going to knock 1 of your players. Your a dolphin fan. Im supposed to hate you. 2, Ronnie and Lynch are very different. Brown is more of a mix of Scat and Power. Lynch is more of just power.

John Doe
04-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Ronnie Brown was playing absolutely great last season untill he got hurt, but durability is part of the game at running back.

The fact remains that Lynch gained more yards in his 13 game rookie year (1,115) than Brown's best season (in 2006 he gained 1,008). And, Lynch has more upside in my opinion.

DrastiK
04-08-2008, 06:29 AM
The fact remains that Lynch gained more yards in his 13 game rookie year (1,115) than Brown's best season (in 2006 he gained 1,008). And, Lynch has more upside in my opinion.

That's what matters.

LtFinFan66
04-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Ronnie Brown was playing absolutely great last season untill he got hurt, but durability is part of the game at running back.

The fact remains that Lynch gained more yards in his 13 game rookie year (1,115) than Brown's best season (in 2006 he gained 1,008). And, Lynch has more upside in my opinion.Yeah, lets forget that Ronnie was splitting carries with Ricky. How about we take ypc into consideration(4.4 for RB, 4.0 for ML during rookie year). Also take the OL that they were running behind into consideration. Like I said, I like Lynch and i am not knocking him but sometimes you just need to not be a complete :homer:

Dujek
04-08-2008, 06:34 AM
I reckon Brown is probably the more complete back at the moment, but Lynch has the potential to truly dominate in this league.

Time will tell.

The rest of those comparisons aren't worth reading twice.

John Doe
04-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah, lets forget that Ronnie was splitting carries with Ricky. How about we take ypc into consideration(4.4 for RB, 4.0 for ML during rookie year). Also take the OL that they were running behind into consideration. Like I said, I like Lynch and i am not knocking him but sometimes you just need to not be a complete :homer:

You are correct about the ypc but, as I said, injuries are part of the game.

I would much rather have a healthy Lynch than a re-habbing Brown.