• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Sabres' top priorities include re-signing Miller, Pominville

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -Goalie Ryan Miller and play-making forward Jason Pominville won't be going anywhere any time soon if the Buffalo Sabres have their way.

Identifying the two players as key parts of Buffalo's young foundation, Sabres managing partner Larry Quinn said Sunday that securing both to long-term contracts are among the top offseason priorities for a team that, in one year, went from winning the Presidents' Trophy to missing the playoffs altogether.

"It's not a decision that we're going to make, we've already made it," Quinn told The Associated Press a day before the Sabres are scheduled to clean out their lockers. "We clearly want those guys to be part of the long-term success here."
    The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

D & S Sports

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Sabres' top priorities include re-signing Miller, Pominville

I'll believe it when I see it.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

The contracts will go upstairs to be signed by the owner and never come back down, just like Briere and Drury's contract. I cannot believe anything this FO says, they F-we everything up already.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Will you blame Ruff for that too?
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
          The contracts will go upstairs to be signed by the owner and never come back down, just like Briere and Drury's contract. I cannot believe anything this FO says, they F-we everything up already.
          You can buy yourself or someone on the site a Gold donor for a month if you're wrong, deal?

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            Will you blame Ruff for that too?
            It's the whole management / coaching staff's fault. One meeting or more ahead of time would of allowed us to hold onto at least one of leaders. We had zero guidance on the team this year, it's the biggest reason we couldn't even make the playoffs.

How far do we have to fall to realize that the FO messed up real bad. You normally don't go from president's trophy to out of the playoffs in one season. It's happened 2 times in many decades, so it's not the norm. It just means that management / staff really dropped the ball during the last offseason.

Go ahead and keep defending the undefendable. Tell the staff they did a great job and we like seeing our team to miss the playoffs. This was a fixable situations, keep that in mind.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Forget Miller- get a back up goaltender first. The guy can't carry the load without a decent back-up, and he probably shouldn't be expected to- but the point remains: without a solid back-up, throwing money at Miller won't give us the results we want. This year is the perfect example.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Forget Miller- get a back up goaltender first. The guy can't carry the load without a decent back-up, and he probably shouldn't be expected to- but the point remains: without a solid back-up, throwing money at Miller won't give us the results we want. This year is the perfect example.
                We need to retain as many of our talented players as possible.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                  We need to retain as many of our talented players as possible.
                  I agree to a point- we need to retain our talented players, but I think we only have about 8 guys who fall into the category of "talented".
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LABillsFan
                    • Aug 2002

How funny it is that all of a sudden Quinn is around for a comment. Hide when your blunder shows it's after effects, but be visible when the obvious move is to be made.
                    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LABillsFan
                      How funny it is that all of a sudden Quinn is around for a comment. Hide when your blunder shows it's after effects, but be visible when the obvious move is to be made.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Sign Miller & Pommes....it still won't be enough...this team has other major holes and won't have money unless the FO ponies up or moves dead weight (i.e., popular players amongst the young ladies and uneducated fans but suck in reality).

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                          • Jul 2002

Hmmm, Quinn says it, so it must not be true. They're gone.

Comment

• Dude
                            that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                            • Feb 2005

Like Yardie said, I'll believe it when I see it. After the PR hit the FO has taken by ****ing up the Drury/Briere/Campbell contracts, it could just be that Quinn is putting out a smokescreen so that when it doesn't work out they can blame Miller and Pommer.

I hate to be so skeptical about the Sabres, but Quinn and company have given me no reason to be otherwise. I hope they prove me (and us) wrong.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                              • Aug 2002

"It's not a decision that we're going to make, we've already made it," Quinn told The Associated Press a day before the Sabres are scheduled to clean out their lockers. "We clearly want those guys to be part of the long-term success here."

Making the decision and actually accomplishing it is too different things.

Comment

Working...
                              X