• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Props to the Caps....

First off, I have to say that it's frustrating to watch a local team make the playoffs while the Buffalo team stays home for the 2nd time this year, despite the fact that the Buffalo teams outplayed the local teams head-to-head....

But still, at least the Caps forced Carolina to stay home for the 2nd year in a row. That's exactly what their moronic, bandwagon-jumping fan base deserves.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Props to the Caps....

You have a man crush on Ovenchicken.

J/K.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
      You have a man crush on Ovenchicken.

J/K.
      nah, I'm just frustrated that the Sabres' FO puts Vanek in the same class as Ovechkin and Crosby when everyone who's ever watched an NHL game knows he's not even close.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
        nah, I'm just frustrated that the Sabres' FO puts Vanek in the same class as Ovechkin and Crosby when everyone who's ever watched an NHL game knows he's not even close.
        How did they put him in that class?

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
          How did they put him in that class?
          giving him that kind of money, thinking he can replace Briere and Drury, etc.

And BTW, to those of you out there who use the "give it time" excuse- how do you explain Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin? Those guys were great from the moment they came into the league. Granted, they're the exception, but it's funny how people selectively pick the examples to prove their point while simply ignoring other examples that suggest the opposite.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
            • Sep 2004

giving him that kind of money, thinking he can replace Briere and Drury, etc.

And BTW, to those of you out there who use the "give it time" excuse- how do you explain Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin? Those guys were great from the moment they came into the league. Granted, they're the exception, but it's funny how people selectively pick the examples to prove their point while simply ignoring other examples that suggest the opposite.
            Those guys are special players. Every sport has those types.

And if I remember correctly the Sabres gave Vanek that kind of money because Edmonton made the offer and it was easier give up the money or lose Vanek. At that point in the off-season they had already lost the other two guys so keeping Vanek became a must.

And not saying give it some time, but he still produced. Obviously I expect a little more out of him but I think that will definitely come next season. If it doesn't we have a serious problem.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
              Those guys are special players. Every sport has those types.

And if I remember correctly the Sabres gave Vanek that kind of money because Edmonton made the offer and it was easier give up the money or lose Vanek. At that point in the off-season they had already lost the other two guys so keeping Vanek became a must.

And not saying give it some time, but he still produced. Obviously I expect a little more out of him but I think that will definitely come next season. If it doesn't we have a serious problem.
              yeah, that's exactly what happened with Vanek- so you can debate whether or not the Sabres truly wanted to build around him, but they had to know the offer sheet scenario was at least a possibility.

Vanek does need to get more consistent- he'll get a hat trick, then do nothing for 3 weeks, then get another hat trick. Fun to watch but 6 goals distributed over 8 games would be much more effective than 6 goals in two games followed by 6 games of nothing.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                • Sep 2004

yeah, that's exactly what happened with Vanek- so you can debate whether or not the Sabres truly wanted to build around him, but they had to know the offer sheet scenario was at least a possibility.

Vanek does need to get more consistent- he'll get a hat trick, then do nothing for 3 weeks, then get another hat trick. Fun to watch but 6 goals distributed over 8 games would be much more effective than 6 goals in two games followed by 6 games of nothing.
                Agreed.

I think they did want to build around Vanek but didn't want to throw that kind of money at him right away but their hands were tied. I'm sure they knew the offer sheet was a possibility but didn't think Edmonton would pull that kind of shady ****. They did the same thing to Anaheim.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                X