X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Midwesternbillsfan
    • Apr 2007

Malcolm Kelly News- Bengals Interested?

This is most likely a VERY elaborate smokescreen, but... the Cincinnati Bengals are sending their offensive coordinator and wide receiver coach down to Norman, Oklahoma for Malcolm Kelly's individual workout on Wednesday and they are then flying him back to Cincinnati. Todd McShay and John Clayton seem to believe they have legitimate interest in him at 9 (if so, either they're being incredibly foolish or it diminishes his status as a 'reach' at 11). This news actually led off "NFL Live" just minutes ago, following news of Brian Urlacher possibly becoming embroiled in a bit of a contract dispute with Chicago (which caused him to miss their voluntary workouts).

Anyway, I'm not falling for it. But it's nice to know that if he has a good workout and we take him at 11 that at least one other team picking in our vicinity (actually, ahead of us) had some interest in him as well.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Malcolm Kelly News- Bengals Interested?

Originally posted by Midwesternbillsfan
    This is most likely a VERY elaborate smokescreen, but... the Cincinnati Bengals are sending their offensive coordinator and wide receiver coach down to Norman, Oklahoma for Malcolm Kelly's individual workout on Wednesday and they are then flying him back to Cincinnati. Todd McShay and John Clayton seem to believe they have legitimate interest in him at 9 (if so, either they're being incredibly foolish or it diminishes his status as a 'reach' at 11). This news actually led off "NFL Live" just minutes ago, following news of Brian Urlacher possibly becoming embroiled in a bit of a contract dispute with Chicago (which caused him to miss their voluntary workouts).

Anyway, I'm not falling for it. But it's nice to know that if he has a good workout and we take him at 11 that at least one other team picking in our vicinity (actually, ahead of us) had some interest in him as well.
    No, that isnt what they said. Clayton, said emphatically, that Chad Johnson isnt going anywhere. They still have Housh, and CJ, why in the hell would they take Kelly at 9 when they have needs on D.

They actually went on to say that the Bengals may be trying to get the Bills to move up to 9 for him.

I just cant see it in any way.

Kelly is likely there at 11.

Now, if he goes in and runs a sub- 4.4 40, and jumps 40 inches, all bets are off.

I predict he runs a 4.45-4.5 40 , and jumps around 35 inches.

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

Cinn needs to go D as much as we need to go O, this is crap
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Bengals could easily make this pick
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
          No, that isnt what they said. Clayton, said emphatically, that Chad Johnson isnt going anywhere. They still have Housh, and CJ, why in the hell would they take Kelly at 9 when they have needs on D.

They actually went on to say that the Bengals may be trying to get the Bills to move up to 9 for him.

I just cant see it in any way.

Kelly is likely there at 11.

Now, if he goes in and runs a sub- 4.4 40, and jumps 40 inches, all bets are off.

I predict he runs a 4.45-4.5 40 , and jumps around 35 inches.
          What did I say that was wrong? I didn't say Cincinnati was trading Chad Johnson; I never mentioned him at all. Nothing I said was factually incorrect. Nothing. Maybe you expounded on a few things but nothing I said wasn't true.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

no way in hell they pick kelly with all the money they have tied up in TJ and Chad Johnson unless they trade CJ.

no ****ing way it happenes any other way. they are not going to have 60% of their salary cap tied up in a qb and 3 wrs.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

If we trade up to get him I'm going to puke.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

The more I think it about it the more I believe them on this actually. It makes sense too, which is awesome!
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                  If we trade up to get him I'm going to puke.
                  Im going to drive to OBD and punch Modrak in the face.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Midwesternbillsfan
                    What did I say that was wrong? I didn't say Cincinnati was trading Chad Johnson; I never mentioned him at all. Nothing I said was factually incorrect. Nothing. Maybe you expounded on a few things but nothing I said wasn't true.
                    Neither Todd McShay nor John Clayton said they think the Bengals have legit interest in Kelly at 9.

Clayton didnt touch what they would do at 9, rather, he killed any notion that they would trade Chad. McShay said they are most likley fishing to trade out of 9 to a team that wants Kelly, an I think he then mentioned the Bills as being a trade up partner.

No big deal man, Im not calling you out. Its nothing more than speculation on anyones part anyways. There is no way they will do it. Why in the hell would they tell all the leagues GM's they are sending all their O coaches if they want to draft him?

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      The more I think it about it the more I believe them on this actually. It makes sense too, which is awesome!
                      Your dislike for us picking Kelly is now making you draw conclusions that just dont make sense.

Why would the Bengals draft a #3 WR, whom many, including you, think is a reach at 9?

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
                        • Apr 2007

Neither Todd McShay nor John Clayton said they think the Bengals have legit interest in Kelly at 9.

Clayton didnt touch what they would do at 9, rather, he killed any notion that they would trade Chad. McShay said they are most likley fishing to trade out of 9 to a team that wants Kelly, an I think he then mentioned the Bills as being a trade up partner.

No big deal man, Im not calling you out. Its nothing more than speculation on anyones part anyways. There is no way they will do it. Why in the hell would they tell all the leagues GM's they are sending all their O coaches if they want to draft him?
                        Well, Clayton did say that the interest in Kelly (and more generally, another WR) appeared valid but as a replacement for Chris Henry, not Chad Johnson. Either way, like I said in the initial post- and like you feel, too- only a fool would be duped by this news. As far as "smokescreens" go, this one is completely translucent and too obvious to be taken too seriously. So not to worry- Buffalo may take Kelly but will do so at 11 (and no earlier).

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Your dislike for us picking Kelly is now making you draw conclusions that just dont make sense.

Why would the Bengals draft a #3 WR, whom many, including you, think is a reach at 9?
                          Because they need to make Chad Johnson happy who said he wants more weapons on offense. TJ is going to be offered franchise money in his contract year which I think is next year so CIN may be letting him go. Many teams runs with a 3 WR system now and with the loss of Henry CIN has no depth at WR. Is it the smartest pick? No, but it does make sense for them.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

The Bengals are intersted?

When did he get arrested?
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              Im going to drive to OBD and punch Modrak in the face.
                              You better stay and buy me a damn beer while here.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X