Anyone else hear a Lito Sheppard Rumer involving the Bills????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Anyone else hear a Lito Sheppard Rumer involving the Bills????????

I turned on local radio station 103.3 the edge and they were doing there run down on sports and had heard a rumor circulating that the Bills are gonna trade for Lito Sheppard, and that the trade would involve us swappin our 1st rd pick with their's and we would give them an additional 7th and we would get there 1st rd pick and Lito

Then a friend of mine called and told me the same rumor and said his friend heard it too

I dont have a link, not making this up, those who see me post know i dont post crap like this ever, just wondering if anyone else heard it

if not remove it as spam

i would do it in a second by the way

then take DThomas at 20
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Anyone else hear a Lito Sheppard Rumer involving the Bills????????

The DJ's have probably been reading the message boards.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
      The DJ's have probably been reading the message boards.
      Yeah like i said got no link, just wondering if anyone else heard it
      LOL by the way
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Sounds good. MAybe we can throw in Holcomb to sweeten the deal. Oh wait...
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

I've heard of the Eagles shopping him but nothing about us picking him up. I'll take your word for it though, you don't post crap.

He's not an all-star but he would definitely be an upgrade.
          Last edited by gr8slayer; 04-07-2008, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

Somebody at bb.com posted a trade idea just like this... I wonder if that's where the rumor comes from?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

How old is Lito?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                How old is Lito?
                26ish?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

His Website

Comment

• KO1
                    • Sep 2006

heres a link from warroomreport.com talking about this possible trade http://warroomreport.com/index.php?o...d=227&Itemid=1

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                      I turned on local radio station 103.3 the edge and they were doing there run down on sports and had heard a rumor circulating that the Bills are gonna trade for Lito Sheppard, and that the trade would involve us swappin our 1st rd pick with their's and we would give them an additional 7th and we would get there 1st rd pick and Lito

Then a friend of mine called and told me the same rumor and said his friend heard it too

I dont have a link, not making this up, those who see me post know i dont post crap like this ever, just wondering if anyone else heard it

if not remove it as spam

i would do it in a second by the way

then take DThomas at 20
                      It makes sense for several reasons. The problem is Lito is having a contract dispute and Chris has already stated that they wouldnt trade to take on someone elses headache.

heres the link:

Its question #7:

7. Chris -
                      What would you think of the Bills making one of the following moves...
                      Trading down from #11 to #19 with Philly in exchange for Lito Sheppard and possibly a late round pick? (Giving the Bills a sure starter at CB while moving down to a more appropriate slot to take a WR in the draft AND save on the player's rookie salary)
                      Trading Lee Evans and 2nd round pick to Philly for Sheppard, Reggie Brown and their 1st round pick? (Evans is obviously a great WR and would thrive with McNabb in Philly, but his contract demands are rumored to be out of the Bills' range... Buffalo would be getting a tall WR, starting CB and move up more than 20 spots in the draft)
                      I realize that such bold moves as these are typically not Buffalo's style... but I'm curious nonetheless.
                      Thanks for your time,
                      David
                      CB: The problem with your proposals is that Lito Sheppard wants a brand new contract despite having three years left on his deal. Does this sound familiar at all to a scenario the Bills had last year after making a trade with Philadelphia? Fortunately the Bills made the best of a bad situation with the Darwin Walker deal and used part of what they obtained for Walker to land Marcus Stroud. I highly doubt the Bills want to inherit anyone else's contract squabble problems.

Comment

• Jaybird
                        • Dec 2005

read the same rumor on a mock draft board...... it i nothing but a rumor, at the same time it would make sense

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                          It makes sense for several reasons. The problem is Lito is having a contract dispute and Chris has already stated that they wouldnt trade to take on someone elses headache.

heres the link:

Its question #7:

7. Chris -
                          What would you think of the Bills making one of the following moves...
                          Trading down from #11 to #19 with Philly in exchange for Lito Sheppard and possibly a late round pick? (Giving the Bills a sure starter at CB while moving down to a more appropriate slot to take a WR in the draft AND save on the player's rookie salary)
                          Trading Lee Evans and 2nd round pick to Philly for Sheppard, Reggie Brown and their 1st round pick? (Evans is obviously a great WR and would thrive with McNabb in Philly, but his contract demands are rumored to be out of the Bills' range... Buffalo would be getting a tall WR, starting CB and move up more than 20 spots in the draft)
                          I realize that such bold moves as these are typically not Buffalo's style... but I'm curious nonetheless.
                          Thanks for your time,
                          David
                          CB: The problem with your proposals is that Lito Sheppard wants a brand new contract despite having three years left on his deal. Does this sound familiar at all to a scenario the Bills had last year after making a trade with Philadelphia? Fortunately the Bills made the best of a bad situation with the Darwin Walker deal and used part of what they obtained for Walker to land Marcus Stroud. I highly doubt the Bills want to inherit anyone else's contract squabble problems.
                          I don't know why CB assumes it would be a headache- they could always renegotiate a contract before the trade. The Bills have plenty of cap room so they might be able to pull something off without too much trouble. I do agree with CB that trading for him without a new contract would be repeating the Darwin Walker debacle.

But still, this trade can be done without inheriting his contract problems. I'm not holding my breath, but it makes sense for both teams.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Turns 27 on Tuesday.

This would be a nice trade, if they can get a deal worked out in advance
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Hamilton Billsfan

Saw speculation about Sheppard here:

the link goes to a draft simulation that changes every few days so the link won't last long

Buffalo's 11th and 147th overall picks for Phil's 19th, (we take Devin Thomas), and Sheppard

Comment

Working...
                              X