PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hear a Lito Sheppard Rumer involving the Bills????????

bigbub2352
04-07-2008, 05:21 PM
I turned on local radio station 103.3 the edge and they were doing there run down on sports and had heard a rumor circulating that the Bills are gonna trade for Lito Sheppard, and that the trade would involve us swappin our 1st rd pick with their's and we would give them an additional 7th and we would get there 1st rd pick and Lito

Then a friend of mine called and told me the same rumor and said his friend heard it too

I dont have a link, not making this up, those who see me post know i dont post crap like this ever, just wondering if anyone else heard it

if not remove it as spam

i would do it in a second by the way

then take DThomas at 20

YardRat
04-07-2008, 05:23 PM
The DJ's have probably been reading the message boards.

bigbub2352
04-07-2008, 05:25 PM
The DJ's have probably been reading the message boards.

Yeah like i said got no link, just wondering if anyone else heard it
LOL by the way

justasportsfan
04-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Sounds good. MAybe we can throw in Holcomb to sweeten the deal. Oh wait...

gr8slayer
04-07-2008, 05:27 PM
I've heard of the Eagles shopping him but nothing about us picking him up. I'll take your word for it though, you don't post crap.

He's not an all-star but he would definitely be an upgrade.

Yasgur's Farm
04-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Somebody at bb.com posted a trade idea just like this... I wonder if that's where the rumor comes from?

FlyingDutchman
04-07-2008, 05:41 PM
How old is Lito?

gr8slayer
04-07-2008, 05:43 PM
How old is Lito?
26ish?

gr8slayer
04-07-2008, 05:44 PM
His Website (http://www.lito26sheppard.com/main.shtml)

KO1
04-07-2008, 05:49 PM
heres a link from warroomreport.com talking about this possible trade http://warroomreport.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=227&Itemid=1

X-Era
04-07-2008, 05:50 PM
I turned on local radio station 103.3 the edge and they were doing there run down on sports and had heard a rumor circulating that the Bills are gonna trade for Lito Sheppard, and that the trade would involve us swappin our 1st rd pick with their's and we would give them an additional 7th and we would get there 1st rd pick and Lito

Then a friend of mine called and told me the same rumor and said his friend heard it too

I dont have a link, not making this up, those who see me post know i dont post crap like this ever, just wondering if anyone else heard it

if not remove it as spam

then take DThomas at 20

It makes sense for several reasons. The problem is Lito is having a contract dispute and Chris has already stated that they wouldnt trade to take on someone elses headache.

heres the link:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5975

Its question #7:

7. Chris -
What would you think of the Bills making one of the following moves...
Trading down from #11 to #19 with Philly in exchange for Lito Sheppard and possibly a late round pick? (Giving the Bills a sure starter at CB while moving down to a more appropriate slot to take a WR in the draft AND save on the player's rookie salary)
Trading Lee Evans and 2nd round pick to Philly for Sheppard, Reggie Brown and their 1st round pick? (Evans is obviously a great WR and would thrive with McNabb in Philly, but his contract demands are rumored to be out of the Bills' range... Buffalo would be getting a tall WR, starting CB and move up more than 20 spots in the draft)
I realize that such bold moves as these are typically not Buffalo's style... but I'm curious nonetheless.
Thanks for your time,
David
CB: The problem with your proposals is that Lito Sheppard wants a brand new contract despite having three years left on his deal. Does this sound familiar at all to a scenario the Bills had last year after making a trade with Philadelphia? Fortunately the Bills made the best of a bad situation with the Darwin Walker deal and used part of what they obtained for Walker to land Marcus Stroud. I highly doubt the Bills want to inherit anyone else's contract squabble problems.

Jaybird
04-07-2008, 05:54 PM
read the same rumor on a mock draft board...... it i nothing but a rumor, at the same time it would make sense

OpIv37
04-07-2008, 06:03 PM
It makes sense for several reasons. The problem is Lito is having a contract dispute and Chris has already stated that they wouldnt trade to take on someone elses headache.

heres the link:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5975

Its question #7:

7. Chris -
What would you think of the Bills making one of the following moves...
Trading down from #11 to #19 with Philly in exchange for Lito Sheppard and possibly a late round pick? (Giving the Bills a sure starter at CB while moving down to a more appropriate slot to take a WR in the draft AND save on the player's rookie salary)
Trading Lee Evans and 2nd round pick to Philly for Sheppard, Reggie Brown and their 1st round pick? (Evans is obviously a great WR and would thrive with McNabb in Philly, but his contract demands are rumored to be out of the Bills' range... Buffalo would be getting a tall WR, starting CB and move up more than 20 spots in the draft)
I realize that such bold moves as these are typically not Buffalo's style... but I'm curious nonetheless.
Thanks for your time,
David
CB: The problem with your proposals is that Lito Sheppard wants a brand new contract despite having three years left on his deal. Does this sound familiar at all to a scenario the Bills had last year after making a trade with Philadelphia? Fortunately the Bills made the best of a bad situation with the Darwin Walker deal and used part of what they obtained for Walker to land Marcus Stroud. I highly doubt the Bills want to inherit anyone else's contract squabble problems.

I don't know why CB assumes it would be a headache- they could always renegotiate a contract before the trade. The Bills have plenty of cap room so they might be able to pull something off without too much trouble. I do agree with CB that trading for him without a new contract would be repeating the Darwin Walker debacle.

But still, this trade can be done without inheriting his contract problems. I'm not holding my breath, but it makes sense for both teams.

Philagape
04-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Turns 27 on Tuesday.

This would be a nice trade, if they can get a deal worked out in advance

Hamilton Billsfan
04-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Saw speculation about Sheppard here:

http://www.drafttek.com/CustomRound12008.html

the link goes to a draft simulation that changes every few days so the link won't last long

Buffalo's 11th and 147th overall picks for Phil's 19th, (we take Devin Thomas), and Sheppard

X-Era
04-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Saw speculation about Sheppard here:

http://www.drafttek.com/CustomRound12008.html

the link goes to a draft simulation that changes every few days so the link won't last long

Buffalo's 11th and 147th overall picks for Phil's 19th, (we take Devin Thomas), and Sheppard

Its gonna have to be Thomas or maybe Sweed, Kelly is gonna be gone at 9 now... :rolleyes:

FlyingDutchman
04-07-2008, 06:29 PM
This would allow us to focus all on offense for the draft. Id love this.

DraftBoy
04-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Love this trade idea! Would do it an absolute second!

X-Era
04-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Doing the math here, moving from 11 (1250) down to 19 (875), means we pay 375 in pick points, thats equal to between the 52nd and 53rd picks, or a mid to late 2nd rounder. If we add in a 7th, its only like 15 points so its no huge deal.

Is Lito worth a mid to late 2nd rounder? I could see that.

Pinkerton Security
04-07-2008, 06:33 PM

you and me both brother!:bandwagon

X-Era
04-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Love this trade idea! Would do it an absolute second!

Didnt you want a CB with size?

Hes 5' 10".

But he can play and has proven it.

FlyingDutchman
04-07-2008, 06:41 PM
As much as Im in love with this idea, this is probably just a rumor and will more than likely continue to be only that.

Confused
04-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Drafting James Hardy would make this the best offseason in many many years!!!

bigbub2352
04-07-2008, 06:55 PM
I am glad some other boards have this draft scenario, if this goes down and all we do is give up a second day pick, like a 4th or 5th we would go offense all day in the draft
DThomas
MBennett
Bryant DT
SChmitt FB
WE are making strides with that draft

I like Lito alot and i think we would be upgrading alot to have Greer in the Nickel spot, just a rumor but sometimes there is truth to every rumor

DrGraves
04-07-2008, 06:58 PM
snagging him and then drafting a wr would be awesome.

"championship!" (in the voice of marshawn lynch)

PECKERWOOD
04-07-2008, 06:58 PM
This is nothing more than a rumor I bet. If something is too good to be true, chances are it's just that.

L.A. Playa
04-07-2008, 07:01 PM
with the amount of cap space left for the Bills to spend money should be no issue

Confused
04-07-2008, 07:03 PM
gigity gigity gigity gigity HARDY!!!!!

circlethewagons
04-07-2008, 07:09 PM
If the eagles have someone in mind they want to get at #11 it sounds like a decent deal for both sides- however i doubt the bills are going restructure any contracts to get a player

FlyingDutchman
04-07-2008, 07:10 PM
This guy seems to think a deal like this could happen

http://www.nj.com/columns/times/eckel/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/120745473632280.xml&coll=5

don137
04-07-2008, 07:20 PM
I think this is just message board fodder...I suggested it a couple days ago and its is pure speculation on everyones part...
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=150041

BADTHINGSMAN
04-07-2008, 07:55 PM
This would be a great move, but as someone said "if its sounds to good to be true, it probably is".. I would love to be as excited as some here about this, but the more excited one gets the bigger let down it is, if it dont happen..

raphael120
04-07-2008, 08:47 PM
This is nothing more than a rumor I bet. If something is too good to be true, chances are it's just that.

thats what a lot of people said about the stroud trade, to an extent.

bigbub2352
04-07-2008, 09:23 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2008alt.php (http://walterfootball.com/draft2008alt.php)

this link is said to have this as very possible, alot of this talk is picking up steam, weird but Philly has obviously made it be known they want to trade him,

venis2k1
04-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Makes sense for both sides, especially the iggles. WR, T, and CB(assuming litos gone) would prolly be their biggest needs. Moving to 11 gives them their choice between tackles Chris Williams, Ryan Clady and Jeff Otah, three players that will prolly be gone by the 19th pick, and maybe a shot at one of the top corners. Makes sense for us obviously filling two needs with 1 pick.

jimbohastle51
04-07-2008, 09:36 PM
saying that it did happen the only thing would be that we would get a proven CB that costs more and still one of the top 3 recievers but i would rather take DRC or mcelvin and trade back up to get one of the recievers than lito (he is injury prone and if he gets a new contract will be a 5-7 million a year corner).

jimbohastle51
04-07-2008, 09:37 PM
the gamble on stroud and on lito that would basically be 2 of our best defensive players coming of injury seasons, and lito is known for a injury or 2.

venis2k1
04-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Why are the eagles trying so hard to trade Lito Sheppard anyways??

Ickybaluky
04-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Why are the eagles trying so hard to trade Lito Sheppard anyways??

He wants a new contract and they signed Samuel for big money. Sheppard is a top-notch CB, but has missed games to injury almost every year since entering the league (he played a full season once). He is almost certain to be traded, probably close to the draft. It is curious they would deal him, but the injuries are probably a big part of why (although he has avoided really serious injuries).

He is a terrific cover guy, though. He is real strong and can play physical on guys. He isn't a turn-and-burn guy, but he has good instincts and makes plays on the ball. I thought he did as effective a job on Randy Moss as any CB the Pats played last year.

Pro Football Weekly rumored NE interest (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers040508.htm) in him:

We hear that the Patriots have legitimate interest in Eagles CB Lito Sheppard, despite the fact that the Eagles have stated publicly that they’re not interested in trading him. Nevertheless, there’s a good chance of Sheppard being dealt on draft weekend, and the Pats are at or near the top of the list of suitors. The Patriots have signed a slew of corners this offseason, but none approaches the athleticism of the one-time Philly star, when healthy.

Personally, I'd be real surprised if the Pat traded for him, for the same reason I don't expect them to take a CB in the first round. They just don't value the position high enough, and if they wanted to pay that kind of money for a CB they could have kept Samuel. I think they draft a couple CB, but probably not in round 1 (I think they take the LB, Rivers, from USC, if they don't deal back).

Michael82
04-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Wow! This would be pretty sweet if true. Lito Sheppard is a very good CB when he's healthy. Plus we wouldn't have to reach for a top WR, we could probably get the one we want at our new 1st round pick. :up: The only problems I have with Lito are....he can't stay healthy, and he doesn't have the size our secondary is lacking.

Night Train
04-08-2008, 02:29 AM

Until the 4th-5th round, when you find another 2 gapper to back up Stroud.

Night Train
04-08-2008, 05:15 AM
He wants a new contract and they signed Samuel for big money. Sheppard is a top-notch CB, but has missed games to injury almost every year since entering the league (he played a full season once). He is almost certain to be traded, probably close to the draft. It is curious they would deal him, but the injuries are probably a big part of why (although he has avoided really serious injuries).

Let's see.

He's talented but injury prone, wants big $$ in a new deal and plays CB.

The Bills are well known for giving big $$ to a CB (see Winfield & Clements).

Yeah. This might happen.

Mahdi
04-08-2008, 06:18 AM

if not remove it as spam

then take DThomas at 20
If Shepphard is looking for a new deal then he is probably looking in the 7 mil a year range. Im definitely against paying a Cover 2 cb 7 mil a year. I honestly feel that a better pass rush makes McGee just as good as Shep was in Philly.

Ickybaluky
04-09-2008, 05:26 AM
According to this report (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/04/draft_ramblings.html?nav=rss_blog) the Redskins were approached about trading for Sheppard, but were scared off by his injury history:

Sources suggested a trade for a solid veteran corner in the next few weeks is possible. Philly's Lito Sheppard is the most prominent name being shopped, but as we went over last month, the Skins rebuffed Philly's advances, concerned about his health and not wanting to deal a high pick.

Confused
04-09-2008, 06:21 AM
I'd have looked in alot of places and have seen nothing other than this thread on the topic.

Oaf
04-09-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't know about you guys, but doesn't that seem like highway robbery for us? I mean, trade a PB corner at age 27 to move up 8 spots in the first round? Sure he's asking for the paycheck, but couldn't they franchise him or trade him for more than that?

yordad
04-09-2008, 05:51 PM

if not remove it as spam

then take DThomas at 20Dude, I think I started this rumor.

coastal
04-09-2008, 06:51 PM
no thank you....

I'd rather take Thomas or Harvey and then trade backup into the first to select Cason.

Oaf
04-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Dude, I think I started this rumor.
really?