PDA

View Full Version : Good to hear most everyone has shown up

Goobylal
04-07-2008, 09:50 PM
All but Schobel. Stroud showed-up today and Mitchell, Johnson, and James have already been in attendance.

venis2k1
04-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Schobel is too busy dieting...

trapezeus
04-07-2008, 11:10 PM
schobel is going to come around the corner in the waning minutes of the voluntary camp and make no difference whatsoever.

gr8slayer
04-07-2008, 11:15 PM
Schobel doesn't need to be there. He has nothing to prove.

venis2k1
04-07-2008, 11:46 PM

Nothing like leading by example.

gr8slayer
04-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Nothing like leading by example.
There are plenty of veterans around the league who don't show up to these voluntary camps. Who cares? If it's mandatory then you have a reason to *****.

YardRat
04-08-2008, 05:19 AM
He better have a good reason, other than it's 'voluntary'.

You want to win as a team, you need to practice as a team.

HHURRICANE
04-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Schobel doesn't need to be there. He has nothing to prove. Please tell me you are joking?!

Bulldog
04-08-2008, 07:08 AM

Based on his less than impressive numbers last season and on the heels of his huge contract, I would say there are several reasons he should be there. If most of the other players are there, shouldn't Schobel want to be there working with his teamates? I guess I just don't understand why Schobel, with his whole 6.5 sacks last year, feels he doesn't need to show up.

mybills
04-08-2008, 07:19 AM
How can you guys assume he has a bad reason? He could have a case of diarrhea or something.

HHURRICANE
04-08-2008, 07:23 AM
How can you guys assume he has a bad reason? He could have a case of diarrhea or something.

The only excuse I'm accepting is that he is still in the middle of his steroid cycle and that he is working on getting back to 268/lbs. where he was actually productive.

mybills
04-08-2008, 07:26 AM
If he has the squirts the other guys aren't gonna wanna smell it or see it.

gr8slayer
04-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Well if we're going to worry about Schobel skipping out on a voluntary work out like so many other veterans do then let's talk about Edwards playing golf in California over the off-season. He should have been in Buffalo from the time the season ended watching film and working on not sucking.

patmoran2006
04-08-2008, 07:54 AM
he has plenty to prove after last year. But, he's already gotten paid so you're right there

gr8slayer
04-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Schobel has the second most sacks amongst active players, he's one of our most veteran players, and he has generally been our most consistent player. Get over it....

HHURRICANE
04-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Schobel has the second most sacks amongst active players, he's one of our most veteran players, and he has generally been our most consistent player. Get over it....

With that logic let's bring Bruce out of retirement. We're supposed to ignore the fact that Schobel lost 20 pounds and wasn't the same player.

venis2k1
04-08-2008, 08:44 AM

Oh yea, and he finished 41st in the NFL for sacks last year. The nfl is very much a "what have you done for me lately" league.
I can think of 50.5 million reasons he should be there.

venis2k1
04-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Schobel has the second most sacks amongst active players...

and this statement is just untrue.

1. Strayhan 129.5 career sacks
2. Rice 122 career sacks
3. Jason Taylor 117 career sacks
to name a few.

aaron schobel 67 career sacks

Tatonka
04-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Based on his less than impressive numbers last season and on the heels of his huge contract, I would say there are several reasons he should be there. If most of the other players are there, shouldn't Schobel want to be there working with his teamates? I guess I just don't understand why Schobel, with his whole 6.5 sacks last year, feels he doesn't need to show up.

clearly his less than impressive numbers were enough for his fellow players around the league and opposing team coaches to vote him into the probowl. don't tell me he got the majority of fan votes, because the fans who know who he is just ***** about him and the majority of the rest have no clue who he is.

so that would lead me to believe that maybe some players and coaches realized that schobel cant do it all by himself.

His numbers were not awful considering what was playing next to him (tripplett, who still is a FA i believe) and some combination of coy wire, ellison, haggan, leon joe, ect).

I get so tired of people crapping on guys like schobel who do nothing but show up and play their hardest despite the garbage the team puts on the field. its schobels fault that the majority of the front 7 sucked.. it is whitners fault that too.. and greer and mcgee should play better as well. come on.

you cant turn chicken **** into chicken salad. those 4 above did the best they could considering the circumstances. and if ANYONE deserves a pass for a down season, it is schobel. he has been one of the best performers in the entire league over his career in buffalo.

I dont give a **** if he is there or not for a voluntary weight lifting session.

methos4ever
The only excuse I'm accepting is that he is still in the middle of his steroid cycle and that he is working on getting back to 268/lbs. where he was actually productive.

Schobel was never really at that weight - if you think NFL team height / weights are accurate, I got a bridge in Jersey to sell you.

Or do you really think that Pat Williams and Sam Adams were really "around 315-320"? Or that Jerome Bettis was a svelte 260 (Many people liked to joke he was an M & M away from 300)?

Tatonka
and this statement is just untrue.

1. Strayhan 129.5 career sacks
2. Rice 122 career sacks
3. Jason Taylor 117 career sacks
to name a few.

aaron schobel 67 career sacks

over the last 5 years.

justasportsfan
04-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Aaron is gonna be a beast this year. I expect no less than 10 sacks.

realdealryan
04-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Wow, people really want Schobel to start the Tim Anderson diet.

Bulldog
04-08-2008, 01:01 PM
clearly his less than impressive numbers were enough for his fellow players around the league and opposing team coaches to vote him into the probowl. don't tell me he got the majority of fan votes, because the fans who know who he is just ***** about him and the majority of the rest have no clue who he is.

so that would lead me to believe that maybe some players and coaches realized that schobel cant do it all by himself.

His numbers were not awful considering what was playing next to him (tripplett, who still is a FA i believe) and some combination of coy wire, ellison, haggan, leon joe, ect).

I get so tired of people crapping on guys like schobel who do nothing but show up and play their hardest despite the garbage the team puts on the field. its schobels fault that the majority of the front 7 sucked.. it is whitners fault that too.. and greer and mcgee should play better as well. come on.

you cant turn chicken **** into chicken salad. those 4 above did the best they could considering the circumstances. and if ANYONE deserves a pass for a down season, it is schobel. he has been one of the best performers in the entire league over his career in buffalo.

I dont give a **** if he is there or not for a voluntary weight lifting session.

Really, I was under the impression that players making the kind of money Schobel does are supposed to make those around them better. Not the other way around. And how much better was the defense the year prior when Schobel actually deserved to make the Pro Bowl? All I know is that 6.5 sacks isn't going to cut it for a player making the kind of money Schobel is. Maybe if Schobel spent more time working out than he does hunting in the off season, he would actually have some strength left in the 4th quarter so he doesn't get thrown around like a rag doll.

justasportsfan
04-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 10:53 AM ET | Link

PARRISH WORKING OUT: Roscoe Parrish is in for offseason conditioning work this week. He arrived in town Sunday and looks to be in top shape. He and Terrence McGee have been planning some film study for their return work. ---

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1