PDA

View Full Version : Just heard a little news about C. Rogers

Ingtar33
04-14-2003, 07:41 PM
The highly rated Michigan WR that is... he failed an NFL drug test and will be entered into a treatment program...

shelby
04-14-2003, 07:44 PM
:cynic:

Thanks Ing

RedEyE
04-14-2003, 07:45 PM
OUCH - That will hurt. Yeah, right...... How much is Boston getting paid again. I'm sorry if I sound so negative but the drug abuse policies in the NFL suck. Rarely is a player seriously reprimended for his actions. I'm not saying that people aren't allowed to make mistakes, but if I pissed "hot" while being screened for a new job, i could pretty much kiss that one goodbye.

Schobel94
04-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Where did you hear that? I heard he tested positive for a masking agent, not a drug, and the masking agent is water!! Apprently he needed help going so they gave him lots and lots of water, so obviously his urine was going to be very dilute. I personally think this is just a misunderstanding, but I could be wrong.

venis2k1
04-14-2003, 07:52 PM
Yea, he just drank too much water :rolleyes: But you got to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one

DraftBoy
04-14-2003, 08:08 PM
he wont fall past 2 or the Lions are dumb! Dont care if he was snorting coke, the Lions wont pass on him.

Stewie
04-14-2003, 09:32 PM
As long as he's not tokin up before game time...

Ingtar33
04-14-2003, 09:42 PM
A masking agent is failing a drug test in the NFL... and water wouldn't count... trust me, being over-hydrated wouldn't test out in the NFL testing system... the only reason you test positive for a masking agent is if you were hiding hard core drugs or you were hiding steroid abuse...

He still gets entered into NFL substance abuse program.

kgun12
04-14-2003, 10:08 PM
Yes this will hurt his draft position, just ask W. Sapp!

Schobel94
04-14-2003, 10:08 PM
Aha! I am right here's the article to prove it! I would rub it in, but I'm a better person than that.... wait, no I'm not, nah nah nah nah lol just kidding
http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2003/0414/1539039.html

"Dilute specimens are often the result of drinking extraordinarily large amounts of fluid prior to the provision of a urine specimen. A willful attempt to consume large amounts of liquid to avoid detection of a substance prohibited by the National Football League is treated as a violation equivalent to a positive test under the National Football League Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse."

The Spaz
04-14-2003, 10:20 PM
A willful attempt to consume large amounts of liquid to avoid detection of a substance prohibited by the National Football League is treated as a violation equivalent to a positive test under the National Football League Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse."

So that's still the same as testing positive. Yeah way to piss away being a top 5 pick. Go Bills!

Schobel94
04-14-2003, 10:23 PM
I dont know if he actually is taking drugs. It happened to one guy before just becuase he drank too much water. His agent is claiming that they made him drink lots of water cuz he couldnt go, so naturally it would be very dilute. I dont know why but for some reason I believe his agent, I dont know, just a gut feeling.

Ingtar33
04-14-2003, 10:25 PM
Schobel... believe what you will, trust me when I say that in order to test out positive you have to drink like 3 or 4 liters of water in an hour to test out positive... there is no way anyone’s stomach can handle that.

This is spin by agents covering for their guys... and speculation by a doctor fo how it "could" happen... Trust me... this system is a bit more fool proof than you'd think. Only the Bengals or air-headed journalists would buy this crap.

Schobel94
04-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Okay that isnt even the point, it is already a fact that it was too much water that caused him to test positive. The only question is did he do it intentionally to hide drugs or just accidentally. Read it and weep:

... league doctor Lawrence Brown wrote,"Dilute specimens are often the result of drinking extraordinarily large amounts of fluid prior to the provision of a urine specimen. A willful attempt to consume large amounts of liquid to avoid detection of a substance prohibited by the National Football League is treated as a violation equivalent to a positive test under the National Football League Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse."

Also:

....the positive test administered at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis was labeled as "diluted urine" and not for any specific banned substance.

Dilute urine means too much water. Seeeee!!! Believe me now?

Schobel94
04-14-2003, 10:36 PM
Also another player CB Cox had the same thing happen to him but:

One letter from Cox's trainer at Pitt says he had three similar positive tests for diluted urine that the trainer later determined were caused by his excessive consumption of water leading up to games. No banned substances were detected in follow-up tests, the trainer told Tagliabue.

Typ0
04-14-2003, 10:36 PM
If someone could test positive for dilluted urine that is stupid. It should require a retest the next day before any action is taken. I can't believe it's actually possible for someone to fail a drug test because they tested over the threshold for water on the first attempt.

venis2k1
04-14-2003, 10:37 PM
I still see the lions taking him, failing that the Texans...

Ingtar33
04-14-2003, 11:14 PM
Schobel you aren't listening... it is spin... one of those tongue in cheek type of things... you need to ingest an extraordinary amount of liquid... I drink regularly 2 or 3 liters of water daily... a habit from my playing days... yet I would never test positive in the NFL system (I know because I have taken the test)... There is no way to test positive unless you are trying to.

Front offices know this... agents know this... doctors know this... the only people who don't are John Clayton, the Bengals, or Mel K.

imbondz
04-15-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
Schobel... believe what you will, trust me when I say that in order to test out positive you have to drink like 3 or 4 liters of water in an hour to test out positive... there is no way anyone’s stomach can handle that.

This is spin by agents covering for their guys... and speculation by a doctor fo how it "could" happen... Trust me... this system is a bit more fool proof than you'd think. Only the Bengals or air-headed journalists would buy this crap.

and Schobel. :brace:

:gag:

Schobel94
04-15-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
A masking agent is failing a drug test in the NFL... and water wouldn't count...

But my point was it was excess water and you said that water didnt count when it did! I dont know if he did it intentionally or not, but thats not my point, my point was it was too much water in his urine.

eyedog
04-15-2003, 10:07 AM
Whats so hard to believe. A college student doing coke. thats a real shocker. Considering his college qb, Jeff Smoker, also had a substance problem, the whole Mich St. team underachieved last year, and their head coach was fired, it doesn't surprise me that he test positive. It's not going to affect his draft position much if at all anyhow. Where's he going to fall ?, from #2 to #5. Big deal. Some of the greatest players of all-time had substance problems. The bottom line is most teams don't care as long as he can ball.

Schobel94
04-15-2003, 10:10 AM
It wont affect him at all, the Lions are still gonna draft him. Hell, if SD paid David "Coke-Head" Mcghee how many millions of dollars, just think of how much Charlie "Diluted Urine" Mcghee will rake in.