• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Just heard a little news about C. Rogers

The highly rated Michigan WR that is... he failed an NFL drug test and will be entered into a treatment program...
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Thanks Ing

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

OUCH - That will hurt. Yeah, right...... How much is Boston getting paid again. I'm sorry if I sound so negative but the drug abuse policies in the NFL suck. Rarely is a player seriously reprimended for his actions. I'm not saying that people aren't allowed to make mistakes, but if I pissed "hot" while being screened for a new job, i could pretty much kiss that one goodbye.
      Last edited by RedEyE; 04-14-2003, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Schobel94
        The Sack Master
        • Jan 2003

Where did you hear that? I heard he tested positive for a masking agent, not a drug, and the masking agent is water!! Apprently he needed help going so they gave him lots and lots of water, so obviously his urine was going to be very dilute. I personally think this is just a misunderstanding, but I could be wrong.
        Beware the sack master!

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

Yea, he just drank too much water But you got to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one

Comment

• Winfield_26
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

he wont fall past 2 or the Lions are dumb! Dont care if he was snorting coke, the Lions wont pass on him.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Stewie
              Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
              • Aug 2002

As long as he's not tokin up before game time...
              Originally posted by Topdog
              Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
              Originally posted by mercyrule
              I love Weiner.
              Originally posted by mercyrule
              also cheese

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

A masking agent is failing a drug test in the NFL... and water wouldn't count... trust me, being over-hydrated wouldn't test out in the NFL testing system... the only reason you test positive for a masking agent is if you were hiding hard core drugs or you were hiding steroid abuse...

He still gets entered into NFL substance abuse program.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

Yes this will hurt his draft position, just ask W. Sapp!
                  Retired Air Traffic Controller
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• Schobel94
                    The Sack Master
                    • Jan 2003

Aha! I am right here's the article to prove it! I would rub it in, but I'm a better person than that.... wait, no I'm not, nah nah nah nah lol just kidding
                    The agent for WR Charles Rogers said his client's positive urine test at the scouting combine was a result of excessive water drinking.

"Dilute specimens are often the result of drinking extraordinarily large amounts of fluid prior to the provision of a urine specimen. A willful attempt to consume large amounts of liquid to avoid detection of a substance prohibited by the National Football League is treated as a violation equivalent to a positive test under the National Football League Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse."
                    Beware the sack master!

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

A willful attempt to consume large amounts of liquid to avoid detection of a substance prohibited by the National Football League is treated as a violation equivalent to a positive test under the National Football League Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse."

So that's still the same as testing positive. Yeah way to piss away being a top 5 pick. Go Bills!

Comment

• Schobel94
                        The Sack Master
                        • Jan 2003

I dont know if he actually is taking drugs. It happened to one guy before just becuase he drank too much water. His agent is claiming that they made him drink lots of water cuz he couldnt go, so naturally it would be very dilute. I dont know why but for some reason I believe his agent, I dont know, just a gut feeling.
                        Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

Schobel... believe what you will, trust me when I say that in order to test out positive you have to drink like 3 or 4 liters of water in an hour to test out positive... there is no way anyone’s stomach can handle that.

This is spin by agents covering for their guys... and speculation by a doctor fo how it "could" happen... Trust me... this system is a bit more fool proof than you'd think. Only the Bengals or air-headed journalists would buy this crap.
                          Last edited by Ingtar33; 04-14-2003, 10:29 PM.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Schobel94
                            The Sack Master
                            • Jan 2003

Okay that isnt even the point, it is already a fact that it was too much water that caused him to test positive. The only question is did he do it intentionally to hide drugs or just accidentally. Read it and weep:

... league doctor Lawrence Brown wrote,"Dilute specimens are often the result of drinking extraordinarily large amounts of fluid prior to the provision of a urine specimen. A willful attempt to consume large amounts of liquid to avoid detection of a substance prohibited by the National Football League is treated as a violation equivalent to a positive test under the National Football League Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse."

Also:

....the positive test administered at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis was labeled as "diluted urine" and not for any specific banned substance.

Dilute urine means too much water. Seeeee!!! Believe me now?
                            Last edited by Schobel94; 04-14-2003, 10:34 PM.
                            Beware the sack master!

Comment

• Schobel94
                              The Sack Master
                              • Jan 2003

Also another player CB Cox had the same thing happen to him but:

One letter from Cox's trainer at Pitt says he had three similar positive tests for diluted urine that the trainer later determined were caused by his excessive consumption of water leading up to games. No banned substances were detected in follow-up tests, the trainer told Tagliabue.
                              Beware the sack master!

Comment

Working...
                              X