• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Chris Brown blog...

WILL SAINTS STEER AWAY FROM CB?: This may just be wishful thinking on my part, but with New Orleans signing veteran CB Aaron Glenn yesterday you wonder if the Saints think they have enough good cornerbacks to wait until round 2 or later in the draft to add a young cover man. Knowing they have the 10th pick in the draft (one ahead of Buffalo) it'd be nice to think they signed Glenn to hold off on grabbing a cornerback that early. Then again New Orleans was 30th against the pass and their free agent pickup last year Jason David is not the answer as the starting RCB. You could make an argument that the Jets (6), Patriots (7), Ravens (8), Bengals (9) and Saints (10) could all take one of the top CBs before the Bills.

I doubt the Jets will do that after taking Revis in the first round last year. But everyone else above could go in that direction. If a corner that Buffalo likes is not there at 11, I think the chances of trading down are greatly enhanced.
    Is he prepping us for the Bills taking a CB now??
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Chris Brown blog...

Its DRC at 11
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

CB is a mistake. The Giants made the case for DE and the pass rush. I'd rather see us take another LB than CB.

Hell, if it's between CB and WR I'll take WR and everyone knows how I feel about that pick.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        CB is a mistake. The Giants made the case for DE and the pass rush. I'd rather see us take another LB than CB.

Hell, if it's between CB and WR I'll take WR and everyone knows how I feel about that pick.
        I wouldn't be surprised if we used our 1st pick on DRC .
        a great corner can cause coverage sacks. Something that would help out our "high motor" DE's.

We all know what shutting down a teams top wr can do to a team. See Lee. Hopefully we can do it with one cb instead of having to double team.

Question is, does Dick have the luxury to wait for a cb or even a DE to develop? I don't think so.

Besides, it's stupid for Chris Brown to be prepping people for the draft. It's could be a smokescreen too.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

Im really starting to get sick of the giants argument. If the bills didnt have their heads up their arses and beat the Giants in week 16, they wouldnt even have made the playoffs in a weak NFC. As a matter of fact if you dont count Kiwaka Mitchell(do i sound like wys guy here) they put up 1 sack against us in that game.

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

I agree. A cb at #11 is the last option I want. I'd rather go wr also if it's a choice between the two.

Comment

• eyedog
              • Jul 2002

You may be sick of the giants argument but it is the exact reason they won the Super Bowl.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Does everyone wanting a CB really want us to take one from a small school that high?, just because they were good at small schools doesnt mean that there game will translate into the pro's

We need Offense they didnt sign james for nothing, and are returning both starters

We is the only position technically on the roster that we dont have a Starter
                it is WR, not CB, not DE, Not TE

we will take DThomas at WR at 11
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by eyedog
                  You may be sick of the giants argument but it is the exact reason they won the Super Bowl.
                  No. Having a compentent QB and a sound gameplan won them that game. Their pass rush was amazing in the SB, but their "amazing" d-line managed only 1 sack against the bills when we played them in the regular season. that Hardly gets me excited to stock up on high priced DEs.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Its DRC at 11
                    If we take a CB with our first which Im almost certain we dont and hope we dont... then I would prefer Mike Jenkins. The guy is real physical, big and runs a 4.35. Plus has good hands and return abilities. DRC is an interesting prospect but Jenkins is just a solid all around player.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

LBs giving a pass rush are more important in a 3-4 than a 4-3. While I too would love us to have an awesome pass rushing Dline, it won't hurt to have a shutdown tall corner w/exceptional speed who QBs can't throw to b'cse it'll be intercepted or batted away. That makes a QB take more time to find a sure throw - and that means more time for our Dline to get to him. I don't make this exception often, as I acknowledge that it is better to rush the QB 1st, but I think DRC merits that exception.

Comment

• venis2k1
                        Youboty can hope
                        • Jul 2002

to be honest the thing that scares me most about DRC is that he never played a down until his senior year of high school. that has to make one wonder about his passion for the game.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by venis2k1
                          to be honest the thing that scares me most about DRC is that he never played a down until his senior year of high school. that has to make one wonder about his passion for the game.
                          There are plenty of things in my life I've become passionate about that I wasn't involved with in school... I don't think that argument holds too much water personally.

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

Why or how was Aaron Glenn available?
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i will puke if we take a corner. puke all over my tv and sofa and floor and table and my son.. the dog.

i will puke on everyone and everything.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X