PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown blog...

Mr. Miyagi
04-08-2008, 10:05 AM
WILL SAINTS STEER AWAY FROM CB?: This may just be wishful thinking on my part, but with New Orleans signing veteran CB Aaron Glenn yesterday you wonder if the Saints think they have enough good cornerbacks to wait until round 2 or later in the draft to add a young cover man. Knowing they have the 10th pick in the draft (one ahead of Buffalo) it'd be nice to think they signed Glenn to hold off on grabbing a cornerback that early. Then again New Orleans was 30th against the pass and their free agent pickup last year Jason David is not the answer as the starting RCB. You could make an argument that the Jets (6), Patriots (7), Ravens (8), Bengals (9) and Saints (10) could all take one of the top CBs before the Bills.

I doubt the Jets will do that after taking Revis in the first round last year. But everyone else above could go in that direction. If a corner that Buffalo likes is not there at 11, I think the chances of trading down are greatly enhanced.

Is he prepping us for the Bills taking a CB now??

DraftBoy
04-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Its DRC at 11

HHURRICANE
04-08-2008, 10:16 AM
CB is a mistake. The Giants made the case for DE and the pass rush. I'd rather see us take another LB than CB.

Hell, if it's between CB and WR I'll take WR and everyone knows how I feel about that pick.

justasportsfan
04-08-2008, 10:22 AM
CB is a mistake. The Giants made the case for DE and the pass rush. I'd rather see us take another LB than CB.

Hell, if it's between CB and WR I'll take WR and everyone knows how I feel about that pick.

I wouldn't be surprised if we used our 1st pick on DRC .
a great corner can cause coverage sacks. Something that would help out our "high motor" DE's.

We all know what shutting down a teams top wr can do to a team. See Lee. Hopefully we can do it with one cb instead of having to double team.

Question is, does Dick have the luxury to wait for a cb or even a DE to develop? I don't think so.

Besides, it's stupid for Chris Brown to be prepping people for the draft. It's could be a smokescreen too.

venis2k1
04-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Im really starting to get sick of the giants argument. If the bills didnt have their heads up their arses and beat the Giants in week 16, they wouldnt even have made the playoffs in a weak NFC. As a matter of fact if you dont count Kiwaka Mitchell(do i sound like wys guy here) they put up 1 sack against us in that game.

eyedog
04-08-2008, 10:23 AM

I agree. A cb at #11 is the last option I want. I'd rather go wr also if it's a choice between the two.

eyedog
04-08-2008, 10:25 AM
You may be sick of the giants argument but it is the exact reason they won the Super Bowl.

bigbub2352
04-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Does everyone wanting a CB really want us to take one from a small school that high?, just because they were good at small schools doesnt mean that there game will translate into the pro's

We need Offense they didnt sign james for nothing, and are returning both starters

We is the only position technically on the roster that we dont have a Starter
it is WR, not CB, not DE, Not TE

we will take DThomas at WR at 11

venis2k1
04-08-2008, 10:30 AM
You may be sick of the giants argument but it is the exact reason they won the Super Bowl.

No. Having a compentent QB and a sound gameplan won them that game. Their pass rush was amazing in the SB, but their "amazing" d-line managed only 1 sack against the bills when we played them in the regular season. that Hardly gets me excited to stock up on high priced DEs.

Mahdi
04-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Its DRC at 11
If we take a CB with our first which Im almost certain we dont and hope we dont... then I would prefer Mike Jenkins. The guy is real physical, big and runs a 4.35. Plus has good hands and return abilities. DRC is an interesting prospect but Jenkins is just a solid all around player.

mysticsoto

LBs giving a pass rush are more important in a 3-4 than a 4-3. While I too would love us to have an awesome pass rushing Dline, it won't hurt to have a shutdown tall corner w/exceptional speed who QBs can't throw to b'cse it'll be intercepted or batted away. That makes a QB take more time to find a sure throw - and that means more time for our Dline to get to him. I don't make this exception often, as I acknowledge that it is better to rush the QB 1st, but I think DRC merits that exception.

venis2k1
to be honest the thing that scares me most about DRC is that he never played a down until his senior year of high school. that has to make one wonder about his passion for the game.

BlackMetalNinja
04-08-2008, 10:37 AM
to be honest the thing that scares me most about DRC is that he never played a down until his senior year of high school. that has to make one wonder about his passion for the game.

There are plenty of things in my life I've become passionate about that I wasn't involved with in school... I don't think that argument holds too much water personally.

yordad
04-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Why or how was Aaron Glenn available?

Tatonka
04-08-2008, 10:50 AM
i will puke if we take a corner. puke all over my tv and sofa and floor and table and my son.. the dog.

i will puke on everyone and everything.

patmoran2006
04-08-2008, 10:57 AM
does sound like he has insight from the inside as to where Buffalo is going at #11

eyedog
04-08-2008, 11:00 AM
The best part about a cb is if he's any good he they won't re-sign him after his rookie contract anyways. Please see Winfield and Clements.

Dr. Lecter
04-08-2008, 11:04 AM
If the Bills are unable to trade down, I can deal with a CB being taken. It is questionable as to whether or not there is a WR worth the 11th pick.

Now, if they can trade down to around 20 and get a 2nd with it (according the draft value chart it is pretty close and if anything the Bills get shorted) then they can get WR, CB and TE in the first two rounds.

Mahdi
04-08-2008, 11:05 AM
does sound like he has insight from the inside as to where Buffalo is going at #11
Sounds to me like organizational posturing... making other teams believe that you could take the player they want helps when time comes to negotiate a trade down.

patmoran2006
04-08-2008, 11:06 AM
If the Bills are unable to trade down, I can deal with a CB being taken. It is questionable as to whether or not there is a WR worth the 11th pick.

Now, if they can trade down to around 20 and get a 2nd with it (according the draft value chart it is pretty close and if anything the Bills get shorted) then they can get WR, CB and TE in the first two rounds.
coulda said the same thing about a safety two years ago.

Forget 'worth'. If kelly or thomas can help this offense be better, they're more valuable to the team than a corner.

Dr. Lecter
04-08-2008, 11:09 AM
coulda said the same thing about a safety two years ago.

Forget 'worth'. If kelly or thomas can help this offense be better, they're more valuable to the team than a corner.

The differences are:

1. There were 0 safeties on the roster at the time.
2. There is great depth in WR this year. Taking (for example) Hardy in round 2 is not bad at all.
3. CB is a glaring need as well and there are some extremely talented ones out there.

Jan Reimers
04-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I've seen DRC ranked as the 4th best corner, and 30/32 best player overall in 2 different draft guides. Kelly was 16/17 overall.

Lock (or whatever the term is for "can't miss") and reach are in the eye of the beholder. There are no sure things - except if we don't fix our passing game, we will miss the playoffs again, and be boring to watch besides.

DraftBoy
04-08-2008, 11:16 AM
I've seen DRC ranked as the 4th best corner, and 30/32 best player overall in 2 different draft guides. Kelly was 16/17 overall.

Lock (or whatever the term is for "can't miss") and reach are in the eye of the beholder. There are no sure things - except if we don't fix our passing game, we will miss the playoffs again, and be boring to watch besides.

DRC is the top ranked corner in other guides, I hate those stupid things as far as rankings go, their analysis isnt that bad though.

Tatonka
04-08-2008, 11:23 AM
point is that CB is as highly debated as to who is the best just like wr and de and any other position.

Mr. Miyagi
04-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Personally I would be very happy with DRC in the first and Hardy in the second. Damn.

Michael82
04-08-2008, 12:00 PM
i will puke if we take a corner. puke all over my tv and sofa and floor and table and my son.. the dog.

i will puke on everyone and everything.
:rofl: what about puke on Russ?

venis2k1
04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
DRC is the top ranked corner in other guides, I hate those stupid things as far as rankings go, their analysis isnt that bad though.

As a matter of fact DB, you have DRC rated as the 6th best CB in YOUR rankings

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=145527&highlight=draft+guide

YardRat
04-08-2008, 12:22 PM
As long as the pick is D-line, CB, or WR...anything else is going to be disappointing.

justasportsfan
04-08-2008, 12:42 PM

Devin Thomas 11th ranked wr.

PS- Not questioning DB just wondering about the difference in opinion.

jamze132
04-08-2008, 12:46 PM
You heard it here first, ehh, 100 times...
!st round - Malcom Kelly

DraftBoy
04-08-2008, 12:48 PM

Devin Thomas 11th ranked wr.

PS- Not questioning DB just wondering about the difference in opinion.

Those are old rankings, Draft Guide is currently being completed and the rankings have changed. Those were done right after the regular season ended before the bowl games, the DI-AA playoffs, the All-Star Game, and the Combine/Pro Days.

Nighthawk
04-08-2008, 05:55 PM
CB in the first round is stupid. CB in not going to make an immediate on this team and we need guys that will play right away. If they draft a CB in the first, I'll be pissed.

Dr. Lecter
04-08-2008, 05:59 PM
A CB would most certainly play right away. I like Greer, but more as nickel guy.

If the Bills can get a CB in round 1 and a WR in round 2, why not? There are so many WR's in this draft that are relatively equal, the drop-off is not that great.

Saratoga Slim
04-08-2008, 06:30 PM

Or he's putting the old journalistic integrity on pause for a couple weeks and aiding the FO in the misdirection games......

coastal
04-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Jenkins and Cason are my #1 and #2 ranked corners.

Bmax
04-08-2008, 06:55 PM
DRC or Mckelvin would be ok .. Harvey would good....

The Pats are not going CB -Look for a surprise pick or DE Derrick Harvey
The Ravens are going CB- Mckelvin or DRC ...
The Bengals - Sedrick Ellis if he is there
The Saints-Keith Rivers-or DRC.....

If DRC is their he may be our guy.. If both CB's are gone no way we draft a CB at 11 I say we trade down to 15 and get a guy like wr Thomas or Kelly if Harvey is still on the board...for Lions

Bmax

Nighthawk
04-08-2008, 07:50 PM
A CB would most certainly play right away. I like Greer, but more as nickel guy.

If the Bills can get a CB in round 1 and a WR in round 2, why not? There are so many WR's in this draft that are relatively equal, the drop-off is not that great.

I keep hearing that all the WR's are pretty equal...well guess what? They're not. I remember last year, everybody kept saying wait until round two to get a RB because the draft is deep...well, that would have been a huge mistake because there were no impact RB's after Lynch. Also, how do you know that there will be a difference maker at WR in the 2nd??? We NEED a starter at WR, not depth, so waiting could kill us. Also, are people forgetting that we need a TE in the 2nd??? Sorry, but you can't wait until round three to get a difference maker at TE because they'll be gone. I understand people falling for the "value" stuff of the draft, but I don't really care as long as we get players to fill holes that we need filled. We NEED starters on offense...and we need them NOW!

YardRat
04-08-2008, 08:23 PM
If you're looking for a difference-maker at TE in this year's draft, you're going to be disappointed no matter who we pick IMO.

clumping platelets
04-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Bills can go DL, DB, or WR in rd 1

Just depends on value at #11 and if there is a willing partner that wants to move up.

If we stay at #11, it's DL or CB........move down, it's WR

PECKERWOOD
04-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Its DRC at 11

I'm worried about DRC's mechanics.. A 3rd nut could really throw off his balance and swinging motion.

Oaf
04-09-2008, 12:17 AM
I hope the top 2 CBs get taken so that we can get Harvey or Kelly.

Night Train
04-09-2008, 02:31 AM
Watch us pick a DE or OG Branden Albert of Virginia.

Just when you've convinced yourself you have this figured out...