PDA

View Full Version : Joey Dorsey, TE?!

baalworship
04-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Did anyone else watching Memphis in the tourney wonder how good Dorsey would be as an NFL tight end? 6'9'' 260 lbs, scary athletic. I realize he can play in the NBA but instead of being a role player in the NBA he could be a monster in the NFL.

LtFinFan66
04-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Ricky Dudley did that years ago. Went to Ohio State on a basketball scholarship and then played football his last 2 years and ended up a 1st rounder in the NFL

Pinkerton Security
04-08-2008, 11:07 AM
"and edwards throws a fade to the corner, its a jump ball situation, and OH MY GOD Dorsey just jumped right over Rodney Harrison and then kicked him in the head on the way back down!"

Bulldog
04-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Pretty tough to make the switch when he probably hasn't played football in almost four years, if ever. But I hear what your saying. There's a few of these guys who I think would be monsters had they chosen football from the start. Paul Harris, SF from Syracuse, is another one who I would love to see in a football uniform. Guy is built like a mack truck and is a great athlete.

Tatonka
04-08-2008, 11:47 AM
basketball sucks balls anyway.

cocamide
04-08-2008, 11:48 AM
I was able to see Memphis play last year when they came down to Central Florida and ripped us a new one. The size of Memphis was overwhelming. We could definitally teach Dorsey to run a couple patterns. (Donahoe would draft him at 11)