2002-29th
2003--28th

Lions
2005- 27th

Bills
2006 - 30th
2007- 30th

Notes.
the O he inherited from Wanny was ranked 21st in 1998.
2005 he tooke over the Lions in mid-season
2001-inspite of a 13-3 record his O finished 26th. The year he won COTY.

Could be a good reason to draft O this year. IMO he should keep consulting Marv who in turn should keep consilting Polian.

Mahdi
04-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Has more to do with the talent he had on his offenses than anything else. Being a HC doesnt mean you run the offense... Bellicheat doesnt run the offense at all. He does talk to his defense a lot because that is his expertise. Jauron just needs a good OC and some talented players.

justasportsfan
04-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Has more to do with the talent he had on his offenses than anything else. Being a HC doesnt mean you run the offense... Bellicheat doesnt run the offense at all. He does talk to his defense a lot because that is his expertise. Jauron just needs a good OC and some talented players.
I agree. But the HC also overseas everything and should be held accountable for the failures of his assistant coaches. He picked them.

As far as talent goes, he's had good talent defensively (bears) which could mean he tends to ignore talent offensively in the past drafts?

Forgot to mention he had a power struggle with De Angelo in his last 2 years as HC of the bears.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2008, 12:03 PM
More proof that it's the coaching dragging JP "It's Everyone's Fault But Mine" Losman down.

Yasgur's Farm
04-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Jauron just needs a good OC and some talented players.Some lose their starting jobs for the same reasons.

justasportsfan
04-08-2008, 12:09 PM
More proof that it's the coaching dragging JP "It's Everyone's Fault But Mine" Losman down.
I wasn't goating you TD. Please don't turn this into another qb controversy thread.

This thread was meant for me to point out we need to draft offensive players and for the specific reason to help TRENT

Mahdi
04-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Some lose their starting jobs for the same reasons.
Agreed. Never know what can happen though. People get injured and other ppl can step into the improved situation and flourish...

venis2k1
04-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Some lose their starting jobs for the same reasons.

Manboobs?

TacklingDummy
04-08-2008, 12:17 PM
This thread was meant for me to point out we need to draft offensive players and for the specific reason to help TRENT

The offense and defense were both ranked in the 30's. Obviously we need players on both sides of the ball. More so on defense. A pass rush would do wonders for this team.

Pinkerton Security
04-08-2008, 12:23 PM

i agree. Both Buffalo and Chicago are more blue-collar type teams that focus more on defense. I dont think this is necessarily an indication that he couldnt coach on a team with a good offense, it just happens that the teams he has been on thus far invest more in Defense.

Tatonka
04-08-2008, 12:25 PM
and we have addressed the D in FA heavily and exclusively.

DT, LB, CB have all been addressed.

Time to go O or we will watch a bunch of low scoring 9-6 boring ass losses all season.

justasportsfan
04-08-2008, 12:35 PM
The offense and defense were both ranked in the 30's. Obviously we need players on both sides of the ball. More so on defense. A pass rush would do wonders for this team.
we've already addressed the D via FA. Time to pay attention to the O.

mayotm
04-08-2008, 01:11 PM
More proof that it's the coaching dragging JP "It's Everyone's Fault But Mine" Losman down.Do you have to bring Losman into every single thread? He's the backup. You got what you wanted. Lets move on.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Here is an idea, list the quarterbacks he had in those years and prepare to laugh.

Mr. Pink
04-08-2008, 01:40 PM

So would a consistent offense.

trapezeus
04-08-2008, 01:42 PM
i think in addition to not being an offensive minded coach, one trait DJ has is his inability to think quickly when the game is on the line.

I'll give you this about him. The undisciplined penalties that we saw by the boatload under williams and mularkey are gone. and the teams defense has produced considering the injuries and length of time they stay on the field. but both offensively and defensively, when a decision needs to be made quickly and the game is on the line, DJ is batting well under .500.

I'm hoping Turk is the diamond in the rough and plays to our strengths. And those strengths seem to be a pound it out, TOP kind of offense.

justasportsfan
04-08-2008, 01:52 PM
i think in addition to not being an offensive minded coach, one trait DJ has is his inability to think quickly when the game is on the line.

I'll give you this about him. The undisciplined penalties that we saw by the boatload under williams and mularkey are gone. and the teams defense has produced considering the injuries and length of time they stay on the field. but both offensively and defensively, when a decision needs to be made quickly and the game is on the line, DJ is batting well under .500.

I'm hoping Turk is the diamond in the rough and plays to our strengths. And those strengths seem to be a pound it out, TOP kind of offense.

Does he even think offensively on gameday or is he completely dependent on his OC.

He's 0-2 in choosing OC's. He better have it right with Turk or he may never be a HC in the NFL again.

madness
04-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't mention his starting QB's and lousy OC's either.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2008, 02:36 PM
and we have addressed the D in FA heavily and exclusively.

DT, LB, CB have all been addressed.

Time to go O or we will watch a bunch of low scoring 9-6 boring ass losses all season.

This did nothing to help what the Bills do the worst. Rush the passer.

acehole
04-08-2008, 02:41 PM

wow....lets not look at any factors then....

justasportsfan
04-08-2008, 02:43 PM
This did nothing to help what the Bills do the worst. Rush the passer.
thats because we had nothing in the middle plus injuries . Have you been paying attention to the D at all or were you fixated with the qb position only?

TacklingDummy
04-08-2008, 04:34 PM
thats because we had nothing in the middle plus injuries . Have you been paying attention to the D at all or were you fixated with the qb position only?

Yes, I have. And last year I seen no pass rush at all. Denney, Schobel, Hargrove, and Kelsay all blow.

gr8slayer
04-08-2008, 04:35 PM
We're going to get better :up:

trapezeus
04-08-2008, 04:45 PM
i'm worried that stroud and mitchell aren't going to be enough to take us from being unable to rush the passer to automatically in the backfield on the majority of plays. However, it's a step in the right direction. and maybe schobel decides to try this year and gets a benefit of having someone take a lot of the heat.

Kyle williams, for all the knocks he took on this board, was ok for a second NT. kinda lodish-ish. Kelsay could be helped by Mitchell. But this still leaves the defense incredibly thin and susceptible to injuries ruining all their best laid plans.

But then again, that's the power of prayer.

PECKERWOOD
04-08-2008, 04:49 PM

So if DJ starts holding down TE, will you say that it's DJ's or TE's fault?

yordad
04-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Good thing we hired an experienced offensive coordinator with a proven track recor....um...no wait... we didn't. Well, at least we got a lot more talent while spending all the cash-to-ca...... a... no wait, we didn't do that either. Well, at least we hired an experienced GM to lead us through the draf....awe dang, I give up.

I tried being positive. I will reserve judgment.

YardRat
04-08-2008, 06:55 PM
The past is history. The future is opportunity.

Earthquake Enyart
04-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Here is an idea, list the quarterbacks he had in those years and prepare to laugh.
Jim Miller was a great QB. :mad:

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Jim Miller was a great QB. :mad:

OK, if you think that then go look at his record with Jim Miller, I know they went 13-3 one of those years.

Nighthawk
04-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Year -Rank
Bears
1999 - 8th
2000- 23rd
2001 -26th
2002-29th
2003--28th

Lions
2005- 27th

Bills
2006 - 30th
2007- 30th

Notes.

Could be a good reason to draft O this year. IMO he should keep consulting Marv who in turn should keep consilting Polian.

I agree, we need to go "O" for the majority of the draft. I also agree Dickey is a main reason why our offense sucks balls. However, can we please get over Marv? He was nothing more than a figurehead...period. Modrak and the rest of the football guys made the picks...

YardRat
04-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Can somebody please tell me how much of an offensive genius Marv was when the Bills were lighting everybody up in the late 80's-early 90's?

TacklingDummy
04-08-2008, 08:19 PM
So if DJ starts holding down TE, will you say that it's DJ's or TE's fault?

Umm, sarcasm.

feelthepain
04-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Year -Rank
Bears
1999 - 8th
2000- 23rd
2001 -26th
2002-29th
2003--28th

Lions
2005- 27th

Bills
2006 - 30th
2007- 30th

Notes.

I got you thinking, didn't I?? As I said, I think the Bills should also rebuild. Just because you're young doesn't mean you're talented. Obviously the trend for Juron is to be weak on offense. This is (just one) reason why I think the Dolphins, Bills and Jets are are in the same boat.

feelthepain
04-08-2008, 08:32 PM
i'm worried that stroud and mitchell aren't going to be enough to take us from being unable to rush the passer to automatically in the backfield on the majority of plays. However, it's a step in the right direction. and maybe schobel decides to try this year and gets a benefit of having someone take a lot of the heat.

Kyle williams, for all the knocks he took on this board, was ok for a second NT. kinda lodish-ish. Kelsay could be helped by Mitchell. But this still leaves the defense incredibly thin and susceptible to injuries ruining all their best laid plans.

But then again, that's the power of prayer.

You should also worry about the talent level around them, remember the Bills defense isn't the Giant's or Jags defense.

coastal
04-08-2008, 08:34 PM
When it gets down to it...

coaches get paid for production not building a team full of guys who really like playing for him.

put up or get the **** out time as far as I'm concerned.

Perry too.

Earthquake Enyart
04-08-2008, 10:36 PM
I got you thinking, didn't I?? As I said, I think the Bills should also rebuild. Just because you're young doesn't mean you're talented. Obviously the trend for Juron is to be weak on offense. This is (just one) reason why I think the Dolphins, Bills and Jets are are in the same boat.
It will take you at least 3 years to sniff .500

feelthepain
04-08-2008, 11:57 PM
It will take you at least 3 years to sniff .500

Oh right another one of those Bill fans who give out opinions like they're fact....funny stuff.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 08:38 AM
I got you thinking, didn't I. As I said, I think the Bills should also rebuild. Your fins are already our *****.
[QUOTE=feelthepain]
Just because you're young doesn't mean you're talented..I agree . Other than Brown ,the fins are young and talentless ;)

Obviously the trend for Juron is to be weak on offense. This is (just one) reason why I think the Dolphins, Bills and Jets are are in the same boat.Our weak O owns your D.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Yes, I have. And last year I seen no pass rush at all. Denney, Schobel, Hargrove, and Kelsay all blow.

thats because of the middle.

Talent make coaches. If Trent fails what then? It's the qb's fault all over again? :rolleyes:

feelthepain
04-09-2008, 09:03 AM
[quote=feelthepain]I got you thinking, didn't I. As I said, I think the Bills should also rebuild. Your fins are already our *****.

Ya know something tells me you're an expert at knowing what that is like cause you say it all the time. Your boyfriend must be brutal.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 09:18 AM
If Trent fails what then? It's the qb's fault all over again? :rolleyes:

If Trent fails then it will be Trent's fault and it will be time to draft another QB.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 09:28 AM
If Trent fails then it will be Trent's fault and it will be time to draft another QB.

then the very next year same thing. You're the only one who seems to think a qb can thrive without any help. Look around the league TD. The top teams have more than just 1 no.1 wr . Ask Peyton , Brady, Palmer, etc.etc.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 10:10 AM
then the very next year same thing. You're the only one who seems to think a qb can thrive without any help. Look around the league TD. The top teams have more than just 1 no.1 wr . Ask Peyton , Brady, Palmer, etc.etc.

Lynch, Evans, above average o-line. The Bills QBs should be playing better then what they have been.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Lynch, Evans, above average o-line. The Bills QBs should be playing better then what they have been.
Wait a minute, I thought you implied Evans wasn't all that. After all the crap you stated about him and even implied we should trade him, now you're listing him? What has Evans done in his career enough for you to say the team should be better ?

Lynch was a rookie. You honestly think a rookie who isn't named Peterson should've made our team better? You expect too much from a rookie but yet you use the rookie excuse on the qb.

So based on the talent you pointed out, who's fault is it then that we didn't play better? Coaches?

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 10:24 AM
BTw, if we were dependent on a rookie rb drafted at the 11th pick, you just made my point. We need more weapons on O.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Wait a minute, I thought you said Evans wasn't all that. Lynch was a rookie. You honestly think a rookie who isn't named Peterson should've made our team better? You expect too much from a rookie but yet you use the rookie excuse on the qb.

Over the past years the Bills had Henry, Willis, and Lynch at RB. RB was not the problem.

Evans is a good WR, he's just not a Moss, Williams, Fitz, or TO.

RB is probably the easiest position for rookies to shine at. As long as they have a line blocking for them. Minnesota already had a RB that shined behind that line. It's not surprising that Peterson came in and shined also.

So based on the talent you pointed out, who's fault is it then that we didn't play better? Coaches?

The play out of the QB position.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Over the past years the Bills had Henry, Willis, and Lynch at RB. RB was not the problem. . It's a different OL . Willis wasn't a problem? You can't be serious. If he wasn't the problem then what was it? coaching?

Evans is a good WR, he's just not a Moss, Williams, Fitz, or TO..what has Evans done to make you say he's good? Show me nos.

RB is probably the easiest position for rookies to shine at. As long as they have a line blocking for them. Minnesota already had a RB that shined behind that line. It's not surprising that Peterson came in and shined also. . for those of use who wasn't fixated with the qb position, it's was clear as daylight that the Ol wasn't opening holes for Lynch.

The play out of the QB position. So if the qb makes the coaches, who makes the qb?

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 10:46 AM
It's a different OL . Willis wasn't a problem? You can't be serious. If he wasn't the problem then what was it? coaching? WIllis was not the problem. His stats. in 2004 were good. In 2005/2006 Willis suffered from teams stacking the line and making the Bills beat them with the pass.

what has Evans done to make you say he's good? Show me nos. You have seen him play just as well as I have. You don't think Evans is good? Granted he is no Moss, TO, Fitz, Williams but he is good.

for those of use who wasn't fixated with the qb position, it's was clear as daylight that the Ol wasn't opening holes for Lynch. ? And yet he ran for 1115 yards and 7 TDs in 13 games.

So if the qb makes the coaches, who makes the qb? The QB.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 10:52 AM
WIllis was not the problem. His stats. in 2004 were good. In 2005/2006 Willis suffered from teams stacking the line and making the Bills beat them with the pass.. So if it wasn't Willis then whos fault was it when we couldn't do much when they were stacking the line ? The OL? the coach? The qb?

You have seen him play just as well as I have. You don't think Evans is good? Granted he is no Moss, TO, Fitz, Williams but he is good...I want nos.

And yet he ran for 1115 yards and 7 TDs in 13 games..that was all Lynch not the OL which you said was above average.

The QB.
So Manning would still be a potent qb without Harrison , Wayne and Clark? He would still be awsome if he had 3 Aikens for wrs? A great running game does not help the qb?

Walsh had nothing to do with Monatana's success? BB has nothing to do with Brady's success?

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 11:15 AM
So if it wasn't Willis then whos fault was it when we couldn't do much when they were stacking the line ? The OL? the coach? The qb? ?

The QB's. If the QBs showed that they could beat a team with their arm then defenses would not have stacked the line against the run.

I want nos. ? Then look them up, they are easy to find.

that was all Lynch not the OL which you said was above average. The o-line was above average.

So Manning would still be a potent qb without Harrison , Wayne and Clark? ? He was before, I don't see why he wouldn't continue it.

Walsh had nothing to do with Monatana's success? BB has nothing to do with Brady's success? The QB has more to do with their own success then what coaching does. I've never said that coaching doesn't help, sure it helps. What helps more is what a player does on the field.

I don't think BB had much to do with Bradys success at all. Bellicheck has benefited from having talented players. What was BB problem in Cleveland?

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 11:40 AM
The QB's. If the QBs showed that they could beat a team with their arm then defenses would not have stacked the line against the run. You mean Bennie and co. had nothing to do with that?

the qb was part of the reason why Evans gained 1200 yards. The qb was ranked 11th in the league with an above average qb rating in 06 . Who's fault was that?

Then look them up, they are easy to find. you mean the 06 nos ? How could he have those nos. if the Qb sucked?

Had no. 2 nos last year. So who's falut was that? The qb?

I don't get it, you say he's good and obviously you're basing that with his 06 nos. but his qb then sucked. So how did he gain 1200 yards if his qb sucked?

So if he had a better qb then ,he'd have better nos that would be comparable or better than Roy or TO therefore making him better or equals to those wrs?

The o-line was above average.So if Lynch was all that and the Ol was above average why were we ranked 15 in rushing ? Why wasn't he even top 10? Why did he only ahve 7 tds?

He was before, I don't see why he wouldn't continue it. really he'd be potent with 3 Aikens?

The QB has more to do with their own success then what coaching does. I've never said that coaching doesn't help, sure it helps. What helps more is what a player does on the field. So Manning would've done well with 3 aikens and Dick calling the shots on O? Mkay!

I don't think BB had much to with Bradys success at all. So Brady or Peyton would've won the bills a sb if they were our QB's when Mularkey was our HC and Mualrkey would be headed to the HOF since you say qb's make the coaches?

You're the bible of contradiction.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 11:52 AM
So if Lynch was all that and the Ol was above average why were we ranked 15 in rushing ? Why wasn't he even top 10? Why did he only ahve 7 tds?

He did miss 3 games.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 11:54 AM
So Brady or Peyton would've won the bills a sb if they were our QB's when Mularkey was our HC and Mualrkey would be headed to the HOF since you say qb's make the coaches?

If Manning was our QB since 1998 alot of things would be different.

really he'd be potent with 3 Aikens? See above.

It's to hard to play the what if game. Many things would be different for the Bills the past 10 years if Peyton was the QB.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 11:55 AM
He did miss 3 games.
that's it? what about the other comments? No replies?

BTW, if you think Bennie and co. had nothing to do with Willis sucking, you're clueless.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 11:58 AM
If Manning was our QB since 1998 alot of things would be different.
No, no, don't change it.

Peyton was already established when mualrkey was our HC. And since you implied that the qb makes the coach then we would've won the sb and Mualrkey would've been headed to the HOF too.

What about Brady? Why did you not reply to that? Would he have won us a sb under Mularkey?

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 11:58 AM
that's it? what about the other comments? No replies?

BTW, if you think Bennie and co. had nothing to do with Willis sucking, you're clueless.

Who said Willis sucked? Granted he wasn't as great as he thought he was but when they are playing 8 men the box to stop you from running its kind of tough.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Who said Willis sucked? Granted he wasn't as great as he thought he was but when they are playing 8 men the box to stop you from running its kind of tough.

well he wasn't awsome either. a crappy OL and coach was a bigger part of it and yet in your books, it was the qb.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 12:02 PM
No, no, don't change it. ? I didn't change anything.

What about Brady? Why did you not reply to that? Would he have won us a sb under Mularkey?

Because the same could be said with Brady.

I doubt Mularkey would be the coach of the Bills if Manning or Brady were the QBs. Usually coaching changes are made when the teams stink. When teams are good they don't make coaching changes.

Since Manning came into the NFL in 1998 I doubt Mularkey would have ever of been a Bills coach.

That is why it is to hard to play the what if game.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 12:02 PM
well he wasn't awsome either. a crappy OL and coach was a bigger part of it and yet in your books, it was the qb.

Yep. No respect for the passing game = stacking the run game.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 12:05 PM
It's to hard to play the what if game. Many things would be different for the Bills the past 10 years if Peyton was the QB.
It's not hard to pay what if's when you compare Dunggy to Mularkey and Harrison/wayne/Clark to 3 aikens. :rolleyes:

Thats just a cop out because you know for a fact that qb's need better weapons. Qb's need better coaches no matter how good they are.

Is Jim Kelly a better qb than Marino or did he just have better weapons and supporting cast?

Did Marino make Shula?

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Yep. No respect for the passing game = stacking the run game.

haha! OKay so Bennie and co. in your books didn't suck.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Did Marino make Shula?

Marino made Shula during the Marino ERA.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 12:12 PM
haha! OKay so Bennie and co. in your books didn't suck.

They looked worse then what they were due to the QB sucking. The QB taking unnecessary sacks, the QB holding onto the ball longer than he should, the defenses stacking the line to stop the run game also puts more pressure on the line.

There is a reason why the QB is the most important position on a football team.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Marino made Shula during the Marino ERA.

haha!

I've proven my point, YOu keep sidestepping the other quetions because the answers to them would prove that you are wrong and contradict your logic.

It was fun though! :up:

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 12:13 PM
They looked worse then what they were due to the QB sucking. The QB taking unnecessary sacks, the QB holding onto the ball longer than he should, the defenses stacking the line to stop the run game also puts more pressure on the line.

There is a reason why the QB is the most important position on a football team.

how can the qb suck when he was ranked 11th in the league with a qb rating above 80 with nothing but Lee as a weapon and a crappy OL.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 12:15 PM
how can the qb suck when he was ranked 11th in the league with a qb rating above 80? and a crappy OL

It's already been explained about how JPs QB rating was inflated. I do not feel like going over it again.

And again the O-line looked worse than it was due to JP sucking. The JP taking unnecessary sacks, JP holding onto the ball longer than he should, the defenses stacking the line to stop the run game also puts more pressure on the line.

Funny how last years o-line gave up less sacks last year with a rookie QB than it did with the 4 year vet.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 12:22 PM
What was Bellicheck problem in Cleveland?

Levy's problem in KC?

Mariucci problem in Detroit?

Walsh problem at Stanford?

George Seifert problem in Carolina?

Jimmy Johnson problem in Miami?

Come on, these are some great coaches, how could they be great in one city and not the other?

One thing they all had in common in their other city was crap quarterbacks.

yordad
04-09-2008, 12:31 PM
What was Bellicheck problem in Cleveland?

Levy's problem in KC?

Mariucci problem in Detroit?

Walsh problem at Stanford?

George Seifert problem in Carolina?

Jimmy Johnson problem in Miami?

Come on, these are some great coaches, how could they be great in one city and not the other?

One thing they all had in common in their other city was crap quarterbacks.OK, I get ya. By this logic I can be a hall of fame coach. If the QB makes the coach, why the heck do coaches get paid so much? Couldn't owners just hire bums if they have a good QB?

Yordad to the Hall.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 12:43 PM
OK, I get ya. By this logic I can be a hall of fame coach. If the QB makes the coach, why the heck do coaches get paid so much?

Yordad to the Hall.

Players on the field do make the coach.

You would probably be a HoF canidate if you were head coach of the Pats.

Beats me why they pay coaches so much.

Tony Dungy was known for his defensive coaching before coming to Indy. And yet Indy has come no where close to matching what Dungy was known for.

Brian Billick was known for offense before coming to Baltimore. And yet the Ravens offense has basically stunk since he was head coach.

Talent wins period

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 12:44 PM
It's already been explained about how JPs QB rating was inflated. I do not feel like going over it again..:rolleyes: Inflated by whom you? No surprise there.

And again the O-line looked worse than it was due to JP sucking. The JP taking unnecessary sacks, JP holding onto the ball longer than he should, the defenses stacking the line to stop the run game also puts more pressure on the line.. easily argued, he had a crappy OL. ANyone who doesn't think otherwise is clueless.

Funny how last years o-line gave up less sacks last year with a rookie QB than it did with the 4 year vet.
not hard to do when you're dinking and dunking.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Players on the field do make the coach. The lesser qb won the sb.

Talent wins period
so how did the giants beat the PAts?

The coached devised the plan and the players performed. They both go hand in hand. Not just one way.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 01:14 PM
The lesser qb won the sb.

so how did the giants beat the PAts?

The coached devised the plan and the players performed. They both go hand in hand. Not just one way.

BINGO

The Giants were also a talented team. It's not like Miami was playing NE for the Super Bowl.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
BINGO

The Giants were also a talented team. It's not like Miami was playing NE for the Super Bowl.
but the Pats have better talent.

The team with lesser talent outcoached the team with better talent.

The coach of the team with lesser talent got his players to perform better than the coach of the the team with better talent.

Marv Levy got outcoached by Parcells who's team had way less talent than the bills had . The giants' qb was Hostetller. So did Hos make Parcells? Was Hos better than Kelly?

Marv was outcoached by Gibbs whose team had way less talent than the bills. Was Rypien better than Kelly?

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Marv Levy got outcoached by Parcells who's team had way less talent than the bills had . The giants' qb was Hostetller. So did Hos make Parcells?

Marv Levy was an overrated HC, imo.

The Bills talent did not perform that day. They were outplayed.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Marv Levy was an overrated HC, imo.

The Bills talent did not perform that day. They were outplayed.

but you said talent wins. So it does not matter whether Marv was overrated. Our talent should've easily won us 2 sb's but they didn't. Thats because their coaches put their lesser talent in a position to win.

Talent w/ good coaching beats a team with only talent and no coaching. If you think otherwise, you're clueless.

NE with BB will beat the very same NE team with Mularkey as it's HC.

feelthepain
04-09-2008, 01:31 PM
BINGO

...or the Bills.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 01:35 PM
here's another thing TD. If talent wins then why is it you are against bringing talent in the passing game for Trent with the top pick? We already brought in talent in the DL. Now it's time to address the passing game.

Are you worried that bringing in better weapons in the passing game might help JP? I think that's it. ;)

feelthepain
04-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Are you worried that bringing in better weapons in the passing game might help JP? I think that's it. ;)
Yeah, cause god knows JP needs five years to prove it!

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Yeah, cause god knows JP needs five years to prove it!
JP didn't need 5 years to own the fish .

JP owns the fish, as does Trent.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 02:53 PM
but you said talent wins. So it does not matter whether Marv was overrated. Our talent should've easily won us 2 sb's but they didn't. Thats because their coaches put their lesser talent in a position to win.

The Bills talent on the field played poorly in 4 straight Super Bowls.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 02:54 PM
The Bills talent on the field played poorly in 4 straight Super Bowls.
who cares? Talent wins . Your logic not. mine.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 02:55 PM
here's another thing TD. If talent wins then why is it you are against bringing talent in the passing game for Trent with the top pick? We already brought in talent in the DL. Now it's time to address the passing game.

Because the Bills pass rush blows. And they have done nothing to improve it. Improved pass rush makes everyone in the secondary job easier.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 02:56 PM
who cares? Talent wins . Your logic not. mine.

Coaching is not what beat the Bills in the Super Bowls. What beat the Bills, was their players not performing while their opponent did.

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Because the Bills pass rush blows. And they have done nothing to improve it. Improved pass rush makes everyone in the secondary job easier.

the pass rush was deply affected by injuries and lack of talent in the middle.

Our DE's are healthy and we brought in talent in the middle. Time to bring in talent for the O. Someone here keeps saying talent wins (I forget) and yet you are against bringing talent in the weakest part of this team.

If you were the GM, no Qb would thrive here because you think ignoring the O is the way to develop a qb and when he fails, it's his fault. :rolleyes:

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 03:05 PM
the pass rush was deply affected by injuries and lack of talent in the middle. Schobel wasn't injuried, Kelsay/Denney suck when healthy, and who really cares about Hargrove.

Our DE's are healthy and we brought in talent in the middle. Time to bring in talent for the O. Someone here keeps saying talent wins (I forget) and yet you are against bringing talent in the weakest part of this team.

Not against bringing talent in on Offense. I just think the weakest link on this team is the pass rush. Like I've said many times, pass rush = turnovers = big plays = offense getting the ball back = dominate D

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Coaching is not what beat the Bills in the Super Bowls. What beat the Bills, was their players not performing while their opponent did.
haha! Who put thier talent in a position to perform, the coaches.

talent wins . Your logic, not mine.

Answer me this TD, with both coaches having the same line-up that NE currently has, who'd make the team better , BB or Mularkey?

justasportsfan
04-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Schobel wasn't injuried, Kelsay/Denney suck when healthy, and who really cares about Hargrove.

Not against bringing talent in on Offense. I just think the weakest link on this team is the pass rush. Like I've said many times, pass rush = turnovers = big plays = offense getting the ball back = dominate D

Schobel wasn't injured but he had no help from the middle.

I don't disagree but who are you to say we still can't pass rush after all the additions plus healthy DE's? in the meantime nothing was done to bring help for a developing QB.

SO if Trent fails without any help it's all his fault again?

WRONG, our pass rush was the weakness in our D unit. The passing game was the weakest link in the entire team.

You yourself said the qb position is the most important position on the team, so give him the weapons necesary to succeed.

You're full of contradiction.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2008, 04:21 PM
:lmao:

To be continued tomorrow...

gr8slayer
04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Watch out, if you all keep going they might make it so you can't read each other's posts :rolleyes:

yordad
04-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Players on the field do make the coach.

You would probably be a HoF canidate if you were head coach of the Pats.

Beats me why they pay coaches so much.

Tony Dungy was known for his defensive coaching before coming to Indy. And yet Indy has come no where close to matching what Dungy was known for.

Brian Billick was known for offense before coming to Baltimore. And yet the Ravens offense has basically stunk since he was head coach.

Talent wins periodThis statement makes you sound like you think you are smarter then all the billionaire owners, and all the front offices of every sport team in history. And, all the people affiliated with any college with any athletic program ever.

Although I appreciate you saying you believe I could be a hall of fame coach for the Pats, I think I will have to agree with them. I hope you'll understand.