PDA

View Full Version : In Light Of The Kelly Workout

Bulldog
04-10-2008, 09:35 AM
In light of the Kelly workout and the comments on Chris Brown's blog, I'm convinced that Buffalo will not go WR at # 11. I'm thinking it'll either be Harvey or DRC. Not saying that I agree with it, but I just have a feeling that's where Buffalo is heading. So barring a trade down, I'm pretty sure Buffalo will go defense with the first pick.

ddaryl
04-10-2008, 10:09 AM
I really don't know what to expect...

but I still feel the Bills have a better chance of winning games this year by bolstering our offensive weapons..

many of the games we lost last year were lost in the 2nd half because

1.) our O couldn't score TD's and settled for FG's or less

2.) Our D was on the filed too much and just tired out to the point of being inept at the end of games. We couldn't hold what small leads we might have had.

My hypothesis is we've improved our DL and LB very well this offseason, now if our O can just score a TD more a game we are easily a 10 - 6 team.

We have a favorable schedule this year as well

and my final reason is Toronto...

3.) the Bills want to sell Toronto on the Bills to rake in revenue well then you better give them some excitng offensive football because if Torontonians are going ot shell out $200 a ticket they want to be entertained and losing games 13-10 won't excite or entice many new customers.

FlyingDutchman
04-10-2008, 10:15 AM
DRC

Tatonka
04-10-2008, 10:19 AM
I really hope that both those guys are gone so they pursue a trade down harder and still go wr..

at this point, what i really want is a miracle.. i want to see mcfadden fall.. trade with dallas.. grab merling and kelly or thomas both.

puff... puff... pass...

Jan Reimers
04-10-2008, 10:24 AM
In light of the Kelly workout and the comments on Chris Brown's blog, I'm convinced that Buffalo will not go WR at # 11. I'm thinking it'll either be Harvey or DRC. Not saying that I agree with it, but I just have a feeling that's where Buffalo is heading. So barring a trade down, I'm pretty sure Buffalo will go defense with the first pick.
You're probably right, although Devin Thomas may still be a possibility. I wouldn't mind seeing DRC or Harvey at 11, then the best WR and TE on the board in the second and third rounds, respectively.

Saratoga Slim
04-10-2008, 11:18 AM
at this point, what i really want is a miracle.. i want to see mcfadden fall.. trade with dallas.. grab merling and kelly or thomas both.

puff... puff... pass...

I have a feeling that SOMEONE, no guesses as to who, that is expected to go in the top 10 will fall to our pick and make things interesting--whether it be someone like Dorsey that we snatch up, or someone like McFadden that we use to trade down.

But assuming that no miracle occurs, and we can't trade down, I'm on the Devin Thomas wagon at the moment. I'd be fine with Harvey or a CB, but only so long as we do something to ensure that we end up with a top WR as well.

YardRat
04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
We'll go WR. If not, a DE or CB will be just fine.

Night Train
04-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Even though I guessed Devin Thomas, I have no idea what the Bills are thinking in Round 1.

Media speculation is unrealiable. The draft must fall in front of the Bills and then a phone call could trigger a trade down. Then 10-15 different players come into the mix.

I'll keep an open mind and wait until Sunday night to see the all the players selected by the Bills.

patmoran2006
04-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Even though I guessed Devin Thomas, I have no idea what the Bills are thinking in Round 1.

Media speculation is unrealiable. The draft must fall in front of the Bills and then a phone call could trigger a trade down. Then 10-15 different players come into the mix.

I'll keep an open mind and wait until Sunday night to see the all the players selected by the Bills.
TRADE DOWN for who though? If they trade down, Harvey is gone... Probably the "Big Three" CB's are all gone as well.

who we trading down to get? Devin thomas, IF he's the top WR on the board, I cant see him lasting past pick 15. How far of a tradedown are we talking? and who are we targetting?

jdbillsfan
04-10-2008, 01:20 PM
TRADE DOWN for who though? If they trade down, Harvey is gone... Probably the "Big Three" CB's are all gone as well.

who we trading down to get? Devin thomas, IF he's the top WR on the board, I cant see him lasting past pick 15. How far of a tradedown are we talking? and who are we targetting?

Sweed or Hardy.

bigbub2352
04-10-2008, 01:49 PM
i dont see us taking a small school cb at 11, that is as much of a reach as taking a wr, if we trade out of the spot to the 19-20 and get extra picks i say we still take a wr, and go to TE and CB in the second

But if we stay put i think we go DThomas at 11
Brandon Flowers in 2nd rd
Jermichale Finley or Kellen Davis at TE in the 3rd

jdbillsfan
04-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I really hope that both those guys are gone so they pursue a trade down harder and still go wr..

puff... puff... pass...

Just to keep the puff... puff...pass going, this would be sweet.

Trade down and pick up a 2nd... Go all Offense.

1) Limas Sweed WR
2) Chilo Rachal - Move to Center
2) Chris Johnson RB
3) John Carlson TE
4) Josh Johnson QB
5) Paul Hubbard WR
6) Jacob Hester RB/FB
7) Brandon Keith T

All holes filled on Offense. Call it a day....