PDA

View Full Version : Antoine Cason

jdbillsfan
04-10-2008, 10:53 AM
- Team’s looking for a cornerback who can start early in his rookie season are finding the tape on Antoine Cason very telling. Cason is criticized for not having great speed, but was productive throughout his career. He’s an aggressive man-corner in the Charles Woodson mold. Don’t be shocked if a cover 2 team, specifically Buffalo, pulls the trigger on Cason earlier than expected.

http://www.newerascouting.com/home/278-inside-information-2/#more-278

If he is projected in the 2nd, then earlier than expected would be the 1st.

I can't imagine them picking him at 11, but I couldn't imagine Whitner going at 11 either....

bigbub2352
04-10-2008, 11:06 AM
11 is way to early for Cason, i could see us taking him early in the second, and i could really see it if we trade out and get some extra picks then haveing maybe to 2nd rounders use on a cb and one on a TE

Tatonka
04-10-2008, 11:16 AM
brandon flowers is also considered a "cover 2" corner back.. which is the term the give cornerbacks who played good in college but ran slow at the combine.

clearly the bills will take a cb at some point.. when is the big question. jesus, wouldnt it be nice if all the sudden Youboty looked good and became a starter quality corner like he was drafted to be with his "1st round potential".

jdbillsfan
04-10-2008, 11:17 AM
www.nfldraftscout.com has him projected as a first round pick.

6'
4.45 40
36" Vertical

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=14970

Something to keep an eye on.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Cason is a good player on a not so good team. He almost single handedly beat a good Arizona State team last year. He was unbelievable.

justasportsfan
04-10-2008, 11:36 AM
If there are several cb projected to be good "cover 2" cbs in the draft, then why do we need to draft DRC with the 11th pick?

YardRat
04-10-2008, 11:58 AM
We don't.

I'm still betting we go WR in the first, and the best available CB or DE/DT in round 2.

Somebody will drop to us.

justasportsfan
04-10-2008, 12:06 PM
We don't.

I'm still betting we go WR in the first, and the best available CB or DE/DT in round 2.

the same case can be made about the wrs.

I'm almost sure the bills don't know what position they will go. If DRC and the top wr are still there at 11, then maybe they can still wait for either a wr or cb in the 2nd and take Harvey?

I still can't see them taking HArvey at 11. Extending Aaron and giving the D Capt( Kelsay) money was obviously a vote of confidence by the FO.

Mahdi
04-10-2008, 12:24 PM
I can almost guarantee everyone on this board that a CB will not be taken with our first pick.

I really like Antoine Cason also but im sure we wont get him.

The Bills know that they need a WR, TE and DE with their first three picks and im sure that is what they will do.

Saratoga Slim
04-10-2008, 12:48 PM
We don't.

That's my bet too.

eyedog
04-10-2008, 01:20 PM
If there are several cb projected to be good "cover 2" cbs in the draft, then why do we need to draft DRC with the 11th pick?

Exactly.

From watching college games I would take the following before DRC :

Cason, King, Thomas, Talib, Jenkins, Flowers.

I'm pretty sure one of those six will be availble with the 2nd or 3rd pick.

coastal
04-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Cason will be a better pro than DRC.

FACT!

mayotm
04-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Cason will be a better pro than DRC.

FACT!Actually, that's an opinion.

coastal
04-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Actually, that's an opinion.only to those who don't know wtf they are talking about.

:dance:

mayotm
04-10-2008, 05:54 PM
only to those who don't know wtf they are talking about.

:dance:Like many others, you don't seem to understand the difference between a fact and an opinion.

Ron Burgundy
04-10-2008, 06:17 PM
brandon flowers is also considered a "cover 2" corner back.. which is the term the give cornerbacks who played good in college but ran slow at the combine.

clearly the bills will take a cb at some point.. when is the big question. jesus, wouldnt it be nice if all the sudden Youboty looked good and became a starter quality corner like he was drafted to be with his "1st round potential".

Youboty got burned plenty at OSU. I never understood the love for the guy.

coastal
04-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Youboty got burned plenty at OSU. I never understood the love for the guy.This is the year that draft class gets its final grade...

to date here is how I grade it by player...

1a. Donte Whitner - C+ for an 8th overall pick I'm having a hard time figuring out what game he has changed.

1b. John McCargo - C+ 1st year bust... 2nd year... everyone is saying he was a stud towards the end of the year, but I still think we sucked really bad against the run.

3. Ashton Youboty - F this guy is a ***.

4. Ko Simpson - B- the promise of a great second year doesn't mean that he would have had one.

5a. Kyle Williams - B+ dude is a perfect role player that was drafted in the right round for it. Too bad he was asked to be the starter because our other option was Tim Anderson.

5b. Brad Butler - A This guy is going to be a hell of football player.

6. Keith Ellison - C I can't blame the guy for anything considering where he was drafted and who he has to play behind. Him and Schobel have to be the smallest RDE and WSLB in the game.

7a. Terrence Pennington - D because I'm a nice guy.

7b. Aaron Merz - F because I am an ass hole.

Bottomline: Donte Whitner, John McCargo, Ko Simpson, and yes... even Ashton Youboty better bring this team to the playoffs this year or this draft will end up being a solid D.

eyedog
04-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Again, the reason this team hasn't seen the play-offs in a decade is because they don't know how to draft.
Last year looks promising we will see about this year.