• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

The Bills and the State Budget

Republican Assemblyman Thomas Kirwan of Newburgh, who voted against the entire budget, said at a time when the state is facing a recession and should be tightening its belt, it isn’t.

“Some of the stuff is just unbelievable -- $2.9 million to keep the Buffalo Bills in New York..."
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: The Bills and the State Budget

Screw Kirwan. He's probably a Giants' fan.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Captain gameboy
      • Jul 2002

Lets get up a donation fund to get Kirwan out of New York.

I s'pose he has no idea how much money the Bills generate for the state.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

$2.9 million wouldn't do anything to save the Bills. It will take alot more than that. So I agree with him. What's the $2.9 million for?

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

actually this is really bad governeing here.... a 2.9 million investment could maintain 1000x's the return in investment for WNY and NY's

when the Bills go that will be a lot of lost tax revenue, small business revenue, and jobs associated with all that revenue.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Senator John Bonacic, a Mt. Hope Republican, and Democrat Assemblywoman Aileen Gunther of Forestburgh, also noted some $10 million for Sullivan Community College and $20 million for Orange County Community College.

Why?

Comment

• Captain gameboy
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              $2.9 million wouldn't do anything to save the Bills. It will take alot more than that. So I agree with him. What's the $2.9 million for?
              Are you serious?

Do you have any freakin idea how much tax revenue comes from that franchise?

Comment

• ddaryl
                • Jan 2005

2.9 million investment in finding away to keep the Bills in Buffalo could pay back the area quite a bit more if they do find ways to help make this happen via this investment

Senator John Bonacic, a Mt. Hope Republican, and Democrat Assemblywoman Aileen Gunther of Forestburgh, also noted some $10 million for Sullivan Community College and $20 million for Orange County Community College.

Why?
                because education is a good thing, and upping educational institutions is a good investment

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                  • Jul 2002

Standard New York political crap.

Jump over a dollar to get to a dime.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    2.9 million investment in finding away to keep the Bills in Buffalo could pay back the area quite a bit more if they do find ways to help make this happen via this investment
                    That is the NFL and Bills owners job.

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    because education is a good thing, and upping educational institutions is a good investment
                    Isn't that what the kids pay tuition for?

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

$2.9MM as a figure in a Billion dollar budget is nothing. I agree, there needs to be support to keep the Bills in buffalo, but $2.9MM isn't anything that keeps the bills here.

Additionally, these politicians need to start addressing why billionaires can't run their business efficiently enough to not need government handouts. if they could run it without our support, then fine, let them move whereever they want. However, we have paid for stadiums, upgrades, and parking revenues. Yet, we have no equity ownership to this team on paper. it's a joke.

I stand by the idea of let them move the bills. it'll kill football in the long run. But greed always wins the short-term and regret lives in the long term. The NFL will rue the day they move teams with strong fan bases.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

the bills probably generate more than 2.9 million from canadians alone who come to watch the bills . If we move the bills where are we gonna get that?
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ddaryl
                          • Jan 2005

That is the NFL and Bills owners job.

I don't know what to say with your inability to actually think this through

NFL teams make their cities Buku bucks in revenues and small businesses that depend on those teams. Those monies were invested into the team and Buffalo has benefited from the return on investment in the form of small businesses, jobs, and associated taxe revenues etc.... It also creates a cities identity and its why you see other cities willing to put up multi-million $$$ stadiums trying to atract pro teams... there is a big time R.O.I.

Isn't that what the kids pay tuition for?

Tuitions are betting out of control for college, and if it wasn't for our governemts federal and state investing into these colleges the average tuiton would rpobably be $20K a year... guess how many kids and Adults would be going to college if a 2 year degree cost 40K or a 4 year degree costs them 100K... think about the amount of debt a person would have to take on and how hamstrung they would end up being... It wouldn't be worth it for anyone ot get an education and the entire country would spiral down even faster then it is now.

Just try and use some common sense here with your posts, there is much more to things then just yay or nay.... Your posts are very ill concieved and offer nothing in the form of sane reasoning

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

if the state was willing to put up $60MM in 2000 for stadium renovations, i wonder what $60MM would do for the region spent on building up communities and businesses. If that money was put to projects that developed Downtown and actually draws in a number of businesses, instead of fighting to keep one that clearly wants out, i wonder how we'd do. The state money will always come to Buffalo. If it was spent on items other than a football team, i think the region is better for it.

No doubt, the Bills have an impact on the local economy. I just think it's ridiculous for a multimillionaire cry that he needs support and he gets it. Meanwhile, we have people in need of healthcare and better job opportunities, and people clamor that those people want handouts and are lazy. I don't buy it.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              the bills probably generate more than 2.9 million from canadians alone who come to watch the bills . If we move the bills where are we gonna get that?
                              How much money does 7 games create for the City of Buffalo and the State?

It shouldn't be the governments job to help entertain us.

Comment

Working...
                              X