PDA

View Full Version : Edwards adds ten pounds of muscle....

gr8slayer
04-10-2008, 02:23 PM
BuffaloBills.com (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=5979)

Trent Edwards has reportedly added ten pounds of muscle since the end of last season. Edwards' struggles throwing the deep ball was the primary argument in favor of J.P. Losman last season, and while his long throws suffered from poor accuracy, the added muscle could help him stretch the field. Mainly, it should help him stay healthy.

YardRat
04-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Gee...I hope it doesn't affect his forty time.

Michael82
04-10-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm thrilled to hear that. Seeing him and meeting him at training camp, I always thought he looked too small, especially in the arms. :up:

Iehoshua
04-10-2008, 02:32 PM
how are they so sure it's 10 pounds of muscle?

trapezeus
04-10-2008, 02:36 PM
this story loses its luster when you hear that JP put on 210lbs of dead weight.

Cue Justa: stage left.

Tatonka
04-10-2008, 02:37 PM
roids.

:snicker:

hydro
04-10-2008, 02:40 PM
how are they so sure it's 10 pounds of muscle?

Using body fat %?

venis2k1
04-10-2008, 02:50 PM
he now weighs more than Schobel

justasportsfan
04-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Gee...I hope it doesn't affect his forty time.
lol

justasportsfan
04-10-2008, 02:57 PM

haha! You guys are sooo obssessed with JP it's freaky

justasportsfan
04-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Where Trent has added the muscle
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 3:34 PM ET | Link

WHERE TRENT HAS ADDED THE MUSCLE: Most of Edwards’ muscle has been added to his arms, shoulders and chest, though his legs look more muscular as well. Trent used to get ribbed, most notably from Robert Royal for his relatively thin limbs, but with good definition in his arms and legs that’s unlikely to happen now.

I’m curious to see what the added muscle does for arm strength, not to insinuate that Edwards was lacking in that area, but it’ll be interesting to gauge come OTAs and minicamp.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

trapezeus
04-10-2008, 03:04 PM
in seriousness, a friend of mine works for the sabres. and he told a group of us that at the end of the season, the doctors do a full evaluation of all the players so that when the next season starts, all these stats can be tracked, but in addition that the team can get out of contracts if there is an injury at the start of a new season which didn't come from hockey.

I think we all know this happens, but it's just weird to see how players are such a product. They are kept like inventory in a warehouse.

Again, i think we all knows this happens, but when you hear how methodic the process is, you can appreciate how much of a business this is.

trapezeus
04-10-2008, 03:05 PM
haha! You guys are sooo obssessed with JP it's freaky

it was meant more to just fire you up and jump into the thread. Mission accomplished.

justasportsfan
04-10-2008, 03:13 PM
it was meant more to just fire you up and jump into the thread. Mission accomplished.

lol.

I would've jumped in on the thread anyways but unlike you I don't have to bash anyone to do so unlike some people who are in denial. you're obssessed with JP and you don't even know it. The mere mention of Trent gets you all fired up over JP. So who's the one all fired up? not me.

YardRat
04-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Maybe Moorman should start working out with Trent.

justasportsfan
04-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Maybe Moorman should start working out with Trent.
see now that would slow him down in case he needs to run a fake punt.

trapezeus
04-10-2008, 03:45 PM
lol.

I would've jumped in on the thread anyways but unlike you I don't have to bash anyone to do so unlike some people who are in denial. you're obssessed with JP and you don't even know it. The mere mention of Trent gets you all fired up over JP. So who's the one all fired up? not me.

it's not my fault that when i think "joke", i think JP. That hardly consists of being obsessed.

justasportsfan
04-10-2008, 03:46 PM
it's not my fault that when i think "joke", i think JP.

Please stop with the obssession and stay on topic.

The Answer
04-10-2008, 03:53 PM
BuffaloBills.com (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=5979)

Great news.

This young stud just got studlier - he was launching rockets before, now they will be heat seeking missles.

~The Answer

Typ0
04-10-2008, 03:56 PM
since when has JPs 70 yard hail mary been accurate?

TacklingDummy
04-10-2008, 04:24 PM
since when has JPs 70 yard hail mary been accurate?

When Lee rips the ball out of the defenders hands.

realdealryan
04-10-2008, 04:33 PM

Truf

Tatonka
04-10-2008, 04:37 PM
i bet some of you guys would like trent's 10 pounds of muscle in your mouth. wow.

acehole
04-10-2008, 04:59 PM
No more kicking sand in his face.....

Seriously I hope in translates into less wobbly long ball INT's.

Where Trent has added the muscle
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 3:34 PM ET | Link

WHERE TRENT HAS ADDED THE MUSCLE: Most of Edwards’ muscle has been added to his arms, shoulders and chest, though his legs look more muscular as well. Trent used to get ribbed, most notably from Robert Royal for his relatively thin limbs, but with good definition in his arms and legs that’s unlikely to happen now.

I’m curious to see what the added muscle does for arm strength, not to insinuate that Edwards was lacking in that area, but it’ll be interesting to gauge come OTAs and minicamp.

HHURRICANE
04-10-2008, 05:10 PM

He doesn't have an arm strength issue.

acehole
04-10-2008, 05:20 PM
i bet some of you guys would like trent's 10 pounds of muscle in your mouth. wow.

Now that is funny.

acehole
04-10-2008, 05:21 PM

I guess you did not read where the guys were ribbing him for thin arms then.

justasportsfan
04-10-2008, 05:29 PM
I guess you did not read where the guys were ribbing him for thin arms then.to be fair to TE (just so that the true lickers here don't think I'm being biased) they were talking about Trent limbs being skinny. Not that it wasn't strong. He needed to bulk up for durability issues . Not lack of strength.

Now on with the bashing TRUE lickers.

yordad
04-10-2008, 05:30 PM
BuffaloBills.com (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=5979)I just wish the original link worked, in stead of saying "no link".

OK, I guess if you quote it, it magically works again.

justasportsfan
04-10-2008, 05:35 PM
i bet some of you guys would like trent's 10 pounds of muscle in your mouth. wow. haha! True.
:posrep:

justasportsfan
04-10-2008, 05:41 PM
kinda like what Flutie did when he threw hailmaries to Moulds. FYI, JP has a better completion % than your boy Flutie inspite of JP throwing lower percentage bombs.

Kenny
04-10-2008, 05:43 PM

While TE doesnt have a noodle arm, it isnt a cannon either. We'll see pretty soon if he can put some mustard on those longballs.

coastal
04-10-2008, 05:48 PM
the added muscle will help with durability hopefully.... but arm strength as it relates to throwing an accurate football down the field shouldn't necessarily translate over into increased muscle mass.

If I were training him, he would be doing a large percentage of what is called isokinetic shoulder girdle strengthening bilaterally. The reason for bilateral training is to maintain mm balance throughout the UE's. There are machines out there that are totally Ivan Drago type stuff where the computers are tracking mm control and force all the way through the range of motion. One brand is called CYBEX.

For those who are interested... I'd also have him doing those motions in PNF paterns which mimic the natural motion of the shoulder.

I'd love to find out what they do in their training programs.

DrGraves
04-10-2008, 06:56 PM
alright front office. trent did his part. now bring in a ocho cinco, boldin, roy williams or someone awesome for him to throw to.

TacklingDummy
04-10-2008, 07:09 PM
kinda like what Flutie did when he threw hailmaries to Moulds. FYI, JP has a better completion % than your boy Flutie inspite of JP throwing lower percentage bombs.

FYI, TE had a better completion % on deep balls than your boy JP inspite of JP having the stronger arm.

justasportsfan
04-10-2008, 07:12 PM
alright front office. trent did his part. now bring in a ocho cinco, boldin, roy williams or someone awesome for him to throw to.
according to Tdummy, rent doesn't need weapons. Great qb's don't need weapons.

justasportsfan
04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
FYI, TE had a better completion % on deep balls than your boy JP inspite of JP having the stronger arm.
then that would make 2 qb's better than your boy Flutie :snicker:

TacklingDummy
04-10-2008, 07:15 PM
according to Tdummy, rent doesn't need weapons. Great qb's don't need weapons.

Unlike Losman proving he is a bust, Trent has not proved he is great or a bust yet.

TacklingDummy
04-10-2008, 07:15 PM
then that would make 2 qb's better than your boy Flutie :snicker:

And yet again you are the one who brings up Flutie. Get over him, he is gone.

DMBcrew36
04-10-2008, 08:02 PM
It is difficult to put on 10 lbs of muscle in 3 months.

Michael82
04-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Great news.

This young stud just got studlier - he was launching rockets before, now they will be heat seeking missles.

~The Answer
studlier?!??? :lmao: :roflmao:

Wow! And I always thought that Kelly Holcomb was your man. i guess he has been replaced. :rofl: :rofl:

Scumbag College
04-10-2008, 08:07 PM

Doh, I wanted to be the first one to make a gay innuendo joke.

:bf1:

Tatonka
04-10-2008, 08:18 PM
One brand is called CYBEX.

is that similar to the Sybian?

venis2k1
04-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Yea, well...How many trees has he planted??

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Unlike Losman proving he is a bust, Trent has not proved he is great or a bust yet.

Losman is a bust after 4 years? Tell me why you are a big Flutie flake again? It took him more than 13 years of running around from one league to another before he became a decent back up in the nfl?. :snicker:

TacklingDummy
04-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Losman is a bust after 4 years?

Yep. It didn't take the Chargers 4 years to realize Ryan Leaf was a bust. And he had less talent around him than Losman.

Ryan Leaf got screwed.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Yep. It didn't take the Chargers 4 years to realize Ryan Leaf was a bust. And he had less talent around him than Losman.

Ryan Leaf got screwed.
There is a big difference between Leaf and Losman. Leaf was really lazy and unmotivated, with a bad attitude. JP, despite his struggles, has worked hard, been a good teammate and leader, and left it all on the field.

That's why I don't really understand the hatred toward him.

trapezeus
04-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Losman is a bust after 4 years? Tell me why you are a big Flutie flake again? It took him more than 13 years of running around from one league to another before he became a decent back up in the nfl?. :snicker:

Well there you have it. we just need to give losman 9 more years until he gets us to the playoffs.

There is little hatred towards losman. i think for the majority of fans, we've realized that he's not the answer. And giving him more chances and developing more excuses when he fails is a waste of the team's energy.

it seems like the bills are on a crash course with time in 5 years. i want to see them get as good as they can get quickly. Losman doesn't provide the answer.

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 08:56 AM

Ryan Leaf got screwed.

Who cares about Leaf? Youre a Flutie fan. A fan of a player that took more than 13 years to become a back up and then tell us that JP is a bust after 4.

No wonder why you're obssessed with JP. You're just pissed at JP because wearing no. 7 and achieved in 3 years what took Flutie 13. Makes Flutie look bad :snicker:

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Well there you have it. we just need to give losman 9 more years until he gets us to the playoffs..Don't get on my case. I'm not the one who's a fan of the backstabbing career back up.

There is little hatred towards losman...from others but you, you're obssessed . It's obvious.

i think for the majority of fans, we've realized that he's not the answer. .. yeah the same majority who fliflopped from 06.

it seems like the bills are on a crash course with time in 5 years. i want to see them get as good as they can get quickly. Losman doesn't provide the answer.
He may not be the answer but I'm not convinced with Trent either.He's not even as good as Holcomb yet. I'm not gonna put all the eggs in one basket by simply annointing him the qb or handing it to him.. Hopefully he'll achieve what JP did in 06 or better.

You can't say you want the bills to get good and then go with an unproven qb. Let them battle it out at camp. May the best player win the job.

acehole
04-11-2008, 09:27 AM

Ryan Leaf got screwed.

Ryan Leaf = Bust

Ryan Leaf had much better around him and still could not play well.

You don't know what you are talking about.

ddaryl
04-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Just a reminder

when JP came into his 2nd training camp there were all kinds of pictures of JP and multi-page discussions about how much bigger he looked/got after his offseason workout.

more muscle is always good... but like I said we've had this discussion before

hydro
04-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Ryan Leaf = Bust

I don't think you know what you are talking about. Leaf did not have a good team around him. Please name some star players off of this roster...

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/rosters.nsf/Annual/2000-sd

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Just a reminder

when JP came into his 2nd training camp there were all kinds of pictures of JP and multi-page discussions about how much bigger he looked/got after his offseason workout.

more muscle is always good... but like I said we've had this discussion before

people were excited after JP's 06 performance, now the TRUE lickers are getting boners over 10 lbs. of muscles.

I'll get excited once Trent beats JP's 06 nos.

Michael82
04-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Hopefully he put some muscle on his legs too.... :pray:

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10011/normal_09000d5d8059285a_gallery_600.jpg

Michael82
04-11-2008, 10:29 AM
And look how his arms looked last year.... He definitely needed that muscle! :ill:

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Photo014%7E64.jpg

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Photo036%7E45.jpg

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 10:39 AM
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Photo036%7E45.jpg

Caption: While looking at Mikey " Ewww, buttcrack"

TacklingDummy
04-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Ryan Leaf = Bust

Oh really, name them.

TacklingDummy
04-11-2008, 12:00 PM
I don't think you know what you are talking about. Leaf did not have a good team around him. Please name some star players off of this roster...

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/rosters.nsf/Annual/2000-sd

There were none.

trapezeus
04-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Don't get on my case. I'm not the one who's a fan of the backstabbing career back up.

from others but you, you're obssessed . It's obvious.

yeah the same majority who fliflopped from 06.

He may not be the answer but I'm not convinced with Trent either.He's not even as good as Holcomb yet. I'm not gonna put all the eggs in one basket by simply annointing him the qb or handing it to him.. Hopefully he'll achieve what JP did in 06 or better.

You can't say you want the bills to get good and then go with an unproven qb. Let them battle it out at camp. May the best player win the job.

curious as to how rooting for JP in 2006, seeing him get to almost mediocre in that year and hoping that 2007 was where he took the step to being a difference maker and then changing your mind after you saw how terrible he was in 2007 with a better line and a better running back makes you a flip-flopper.

If you make judgements based on the facts, that's not flipflopping. that's being objective.

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 12:08 PM
There were none.

There are leafs and there are Steve Youngs . I'd rather wait and see where JP is headed once he has weapons.

TacklingDummy
04-11-2008, 12:31 PM
There are leafs and there are Steve Youngs . I'd rather wait and see where JP is headed once he has weapons.

Please do not put JPs name in the same sentence as Steve Youngs, thanks.

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Please do not put JPs name in the same sentence as Steve Youngs, thanks.
you took it out of context. It simply mewans that there are qb's who took time to make it because they were with a crappy team. One of those qb's took more than 13 years to be a back up.

Typ0
04-11-2008, 12:54 PM
you took it out of context. It simply mewans that there are qb's who took time to make it because they were with a crappy team. One of those qb's took more than 13 years to be a back up.

We've had this discussion over and over here in the past ten years. The problem with your argument is that nearly all guys who look like busts turn out to be busts. You can't just cite the three of four guys that have turned it around and forget about the couple hundred that never did.

Voltron
04-11-2008, 12:54 PM
My Friends brother, who I met when I was in San Jose, has been hanging out with Trent a little lately (went to a sharks game with Trent and his sister and has hung out with him at other functions over the winter). It's one of those things where he is good friends with someone that used to play football with Trent at Stanford. He said Trent's sister is a knockout. :naughty:

He is going to try and get him to autograph a hat or something for me. :pray:

TacklingDummy
04-11-2008, 12:56 PM
My Friends brother, who I met when I was in San Jose, has been hanging out with Trent a little lately (went to a sharks game with Trent and his sister and has hung out with him at other functions over the winter). It's one of those things where he is good friends with someone that used to play football with Trent at Stanford. He said Trent's sister is a knockout. :naughty:

He is going to try and get him to autograph a hat or something for me. :pray:

Can you get me his sisters panties?

gr8slayer
04-11-2008, 12:58 PM
How the hell do we start talking about Losman? This thread has nothing to do with him and everything to do with our starting QB>

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 12:59 PM
We've had this discussion over and over here in the past ten years. The problem with your argument is that nearly all guys who look like busts turn out to be busts. .what a bust Eli turned out to be huh?

Drew Brees looked like a bust inspite of having a coach like Shott , until they got him weapons like Gates. He also had one hell of an OL and LT.

See what having a great supporting cast to go with decent coaching can do for a QB?Nevermind, you still wouldn't get it. ;)

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 01:00 PM
How the hell do we start talking about Losman? This thread has nothing to do with him and everything to do with our starting QB>
here's your thread killer.

gr8slayer
04-11-2008, 01:02 PM
here's your thread killer.
It's ****ing ridiculous.

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 01:02 PM
It's ****ing ridiculous.

they're obssessed.

Voltron
04-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Can you get me his sisters panties?
He was going to try to get in them but then found out she was engaged :sigh:

blackonyx89
04-11-2008, 01:10 PM
The good thing is that he'll be able to withstand tackles if he's hit. But we don't want that,do we? He needed to add those pounds because he looked kind of fragile out there. Wouldn't you agree?

TacklingDummy
04-11-2008, 01:14 PM
what a bust Eli turned out to be huh?

I don't think he has ever been considered one. 23, 24, 24, TD passes the last 3 years. And I do believe the Giants have made the playoff every year he was starter. That's not bust material.

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't think he has ever been considered one. 23, 24, 24, TD passes the last 3 years. And I do believe the Giants have made the playoff every year he was starter. That's not bust material.
thats not what was disscussed here early last year especially if you consider where he was drafted and his breed.

How about rivers. His nos. in 07 are very comparable to JP's 06 nos. Dare to compare supporting casts?

BTW, I edited that post. See Brees. Yeah he was benched by Shotty too until he was given more weapons. Once he had better weapons, he sent Flutie towards his retirement.

HHURRICANE
04-11-2008, 03:15 PM
to be fair to TE (just so that the true lickers here don't think I'm being biased) they were talking about Trent limbs being skinny. Not that it wasn't strong. He needed to bulk up for durability issues . Not lack of strength.

Now on with the bashing TRUE lickers.

I'm shocked but impressed.

HHURRICANE
04-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Hopefully he put some muscle on his legs too.... :pray:

Have you guys ever been around professional athletes?

Jim Kelly looked like he head twigs for arms his 2nd season is Buffalo. Than when I met him that season I couldn't believe how much bigger he was in person. His biceps were huge.

JP is barely 6-2 and about 212 pounds. Edwards is 6-4 and 231 pounds.

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm shocked but impressed.
Oh so now you're impressed even though I was one of his bigger defenders when we drafted him. I still like both our qb's but apparently it's a sin around here depending on who you're talking to.

HHURRICANE
04-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Oh so now you're impressed even though I was one of his bigger defenders when we drafted him. I still like both our qb's but apparently it's a sin around here depending on who you're talking to.

I think JP is good backup for us. I'm happy we have him at the #2 position. I don't hate him. He's just not equipped to be a starter.

Whether Trent is, who knows? I liked what I saw from his as a rookie. I'm hoping for a great camp and pre-season.

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 03:41 PM
I think JP is good backup for us. I'm happy we have him at the #2 position. I don't hate him. He's just not equipped to be a starter.

Whether Trent is, who knows? I liked what I saw from his as a rookie. I'm hoping for a great camp and pre-season.

May the best man win is also an no-no around here as far as some people are concerned . Handing the job to an unproven is their answer.

I made it clear that I wasn't sold on JP after 06 a nd even said that Trent is plan B in case JP fails in 07.

JP is also plan B in case Trent fails. Besides why is it so wrong for one to want to see what JP with better supporting cast? His biggest critics agee that he on a bad team from top to bottom. Well?

Either ways, both would be great back ups to each other.

HHURRICANE
04-11-2008, 04:01 PM
May the best man win is also an no-no around here as far as some people are concerned . Handing the job to an unproven is their answer.

I made it clear that I wasn't sold on JP after 06 a nd even said that Trent is plan B in case JP fails in 07.

JP is also plan B in case Trent fails. Besides why is it so wrong for one to want to see what JP with better supporting cast? His biggest critics agee that he on a bad team from top to bottom. Well?

Either ways, both would be great back ups to each other.

1) Trent is the starter but if JP outplays him in camp and the pre-season than, as I have said 100 times already, let him be the starter.

2) JP deserved the benching. He was awful. Trent out played him.

3) Both QBs will benefit from better players and coaches.

acehole
04-11-2008, 04:06 PM

I live in the NYC area and listen to sports all day...believe me he was considered a bust by many....guys just like you....

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 04:19 PM
1) Trent is the starter but if JP outplays him in camp and the pre-season than, as I have said 100 times already, let him be the starter.

2) JP deserved the benching. He was awful. Trent out played him.

you and I have no argument.

TacklingDummy
04-11-2008, 05:54 PM

Better players? who?

Better coaches? How do you know that? Turk could be worse.

justasportsfan
04-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Better players? who?

So what? qb's don't need more weapons nor do they need coaches. Your logic not mine.

HHURRICANE
04-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Better players? who?

I agree that it is yet to be determined.