PDA

View Full Version : What big names could fall to the Bills 11th pick??

Mitchy moo
04-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Every year there is at least one early projected draftee that gets passed up, who falls this year?

Saratoga Slim
Sedrick Ellis?

Earthquake Enyart
Matt Ryan

acehole
04-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Every year there is at least one early projected draftee that gets passed up, who falls this year?

I am hoping it is D mcfadded ......if that happened we would pull the trigger with Dallas....and we should draft a WR and CB in the first round.

Mahdi
04-11-2008, 09:36 AM
None. Longs, Dorsey, Ellis, Gholston, McKelvin, Rivers will all be gone.... They are all top players that are needed by teams in the top 10. Even if by some chance one of the DL made it to 9 or 10 the Saints and Bengals would be all over it. I think we are looking at Harvey, DRC, Jenkins, Devin Thomas, Kelly.

Actually the way I see the top 10 going:

Miami: Gholston
St-Louis: Chris Long
Atlanta: Jake Long
Oakland: Glenn Dorsey
Kansas City: Brandon Albert (Will play OT for Chiefs.. This kid run blocks like Roaf)
NY Jets: McFadden
New England: Rivers
Baltimore: McKelvin
Cincinnati: Sedrick Ellis
New Orleans: Mike Jenkins

Buffalo: Harvey, DRC, Kelly, Thomas

bigbub2352
04-11-2008, 09:50 AM
I can see Sedric Ellis falling to us, maybe jenkins, but i still go with Devin Thomas at 11

Mahdi
04-11-2008, 09:53 AM
I can see Sedric Ellis falling to us, maybe jenkins, but i still go with Devin Thomas at 11
If Sedrick Ellis is there you take him no questions asked. Stroud isnt a young cat anymore and Sed Ellis would make a sick 4 man rotation at DT.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2008, 09:58 AM
All of this makes me wish more and more that we had signed a competent veteran WR in free agency. Someone like Ellis probably will fall to us, and we should take him.

But what do we do about WR?

Mahdi
04-11-2008, 10:00 AM
All of this makes me wish more and more that we had signed a competent veteran WR in free agency. Someone like Ellis probably will fall to us, and we should take him.

Trade back up into the first again.... it would be a must. Cant risk missing out on top 4 WRs.

bigbub2352
04-11-2008, 10:09 AM
I agree Ellis is a no brainer at 11, and i would trade right back in for Devin Thomas

Michael82
04-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Would anyone else not be surprised if Glenn Dorsey fell?

patmoran2006
04-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Dorsey is falling.. To about the 4th pick

Michael82
04-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Dorsey is falling.. To about the 4th pick
no, the Raiders are in love with McFadden. I see them drafting him first.

bigbub2352
04-11-2008, 10:32 AM
i just am not sold on taking a small school CB at 11, i veiw it more of a reach then taking a WR at 11, i mean what competition did Jenkins, DRC face in college

i think we need to upgrade our O more that anything with this draft

You can always sign a vet after cuts and also it is not like we got nothing at CB, we are returning 2 starters, we have 2 former 3rd round picks in Fox and Youboty, and we signed a vet with 40 plus starts under his belt,

Our needs are on O in the draft not small school CBers

We will not take a DE in the first cause Aaoron Schobel was made the highest paid Bill ever and Chris Kelsay is gettin overpaid and so is Denney, there for we are not gonna pay 11 money for another DE to be in a rotation

WR, TE in that order and a FB in the 4th

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 10:36 AM
aside from Rogers-Cromartie ,Ogemdie Nwagbuo, Ikegwuonu, Bernadeau, Breazeale,Bujnoch, Zbikowski,Thabuteau,Schlekeway,Klinkenborgtua,Jiannoni, should all be there at 11 especially PK Shane Longest

patmoran2006
04-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Dorsey's going 3rd to ATL.
Jake Long, Chris Long, Dorsey, McFadden.. First four

Michael82
04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Dorsey's going 3rd to ATL.
Jake Long, Chris Long, Dorsey, McFadden.. First four
I have ATL taking a QB there. Matt Ryan would be a good fit. :up:

trapezeus
04-11-2008, 10:42 AM
all these rumors that people are falling in draft status, but very little on who is rising. I guess Devin thomas is rising quickly though.

Mahdi
04-11-2008, 10:47 AM
no, the Raiders are in love with McFadden. I see them drafting him first.
There are a few reasons I dont see the Raiders taking McFadden.

1) They run a zone blocking scheme that was one of the best rushing schemes in the NFL last year. As we have seen with Denver you dont need an elite RB to have a strong rushing game.

2) Justin Fargas. They gave him a pretty good contract and he is coming off injury but he also is coming off a great year.

3) Michael Bush. The Raiders are really high on Michael Bush, apparently he was very difficult to defend in practice last year and the thought is that he will be a big contributor on offense.

4) Dominic Rhodes. He is a solid RB and there's no way they just move him to 4th on the depth chart or cut him.

venis2k1
04-11-2008, 10:50 AM
1) They run a zone blocking scheme that was one of the best rushing schemes in the NFL last year. As we have seen with Denver you dont need an elite RB to have a strong rushing game.

The Bills also run the zone blocking scheme(pioneered by coach Jim Mcnally) So acording to your logic we shouldnt have drafted Lynch last year?

Jan Reimers
04-11-2008, 10:51 AM
aside from Rogers-Cromartie ,Ogemdie Nwagbuo, Ikegwuonu, Bernadeau, Breazeale,Bujnoch, Zbikowski,Thabuteau,Schlekeway,Klinkenborgtua,Jiannoni, should all be there at 11 especially PK Shane Longest
Not to mention Ezra Butler-Beaton, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ryan Grice-Mullen, and my favorite name in this year's draft, De'Cody Fagg.

Mahdi
04-11-2008, 10:57 AM
The Bills also run the zone blocking scheme(pioneered by coach Jim Mcnally) So acording to your logic we shouldnt have drafted Lynch last year?
We dont run a pure zone-blocking scheme and one of the reasons it didnt workout is we dont have the right personnel for it.

Also the Raiders are successful with their scheme and their OC is Greg Knapp who is widely considered the guru of zone blocking schemes. He developed the Falcons zone blocking scheme when they were the top rushing team in the NFL all those years.

Saratoga Slim
04-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I am hoping it is D mcfadded ......if that happened we would pull the trigger with Dallas....and we should draft a WR and CB in the first round.

That would be a dream scenario. With both of Dallas' first round picks we could get a top corner and top WR--at places of value in the draft order.

Don't think there's any way McFadden makes it to us though.

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Not to mention Ezra Butler-Beaton, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Ryan Grice-Mullen, and my favorite name in this year's draft, De'Cody Fagg.
Did you have to copy and paste those big names too?

Jan Reimers
04-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Did you have to copy and paste those big names too?
No, I just wrote them down and typed them in.

PECKERWOOD
04-11-2008, 01:36 PM
1.) Gholston
2.) Chris Long
3.) Dorsey
4.) Jake Long ( They need somebody to protect JaMarcuss Russell. )
5.) Matt Ryan
6.) McFadden
7.) Rivers
8.) McKelvin
9.) Ellis
10.) DRC
11.) (Jenkins, Harvey, Merling, Thomas, Hardy)

Mitchy moo
04-11-2008, 02:03 PM
1.) Gholston
2.) Chris Long
3.) Dorsey
5.) Matt Ryan
6.) McFadden
7.) Rivers
8.) McKelvin
9.) Ellis
10.) DRC

Nice.

Earthquake Enyart
04-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Jake Long could slide too.

hydro
04-11-2008, 02:28 PM

Too bad Fagg blew out his knee.

Mski
04-11-2008, 02:32 PM
I have ATL taking a QB there. Matt Ryan would be a good fit. :up: i think the qb from delaware will be the first qb taken

ddaryl
04-11-2008, 02:35 PM
1.) Gholston
2.) Chris Long
3.) Dorsey
5.) Matt Ryan
6.) McFadden
7.) Rivers
8.) McKelvin
9.) Ellis
10.) DRC

I'm going to say Hardy is not a consideration at #11 do to his off the field issues.... not for the Bills anyways IMO.

PECKERWOOD
04-11-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm going to say Hardy is not a consideration at #11 do to his off the field issues.... not for the Bills anyways IMO.

Yeah, I wouldn't be pissed off if we took him there though.

Mitchy moo
04-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't be pissed off if we took him there though.

We need WR but we are fighting the value card as well. The only thing that makes sense is to draft Harvey and move up as far as you can to grab a great WR. Drafting a WR at 11 is insane.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Too bad Fagg blew out his knee.
But with a name like De'Cody Fagg, he had to have grown up tough, so he'll be alright.

hydro
04-11-2008, 03:54 PM
But with a name like De'Cody Fagg, he had to have grown up tough, so he'll be alright.

There is no doubt about that!

tampabay25690
04-11-2008, 04:09 PM

2nd round...3rd round...4th round

DID you see how deep this WR class is

Jan Reimers
04-11-2008, 04:14 PM
2nd round...3rd round...4th round

DID you see how deep this WR class is
Yeah, the top guys have issues, and the rest are mediocre players or developmental projects.

I just don't see us getting a really good complement to Evans in a lower round. Maybe the 2nd, if a few guys fall.

Michael82
04-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Yeah, the top guys have issues, and the rest are mediocre players or developmental projects.

I just don't see us getting a really good complement to Evans in a lower round. Maybe the 2nd, if a few guys fall.
EXACTLY! There is always a position each year that looks deep as hell, but once one goes off the board, there is a run on that position and then by the time it gets back to us, there is nothing good left. :ill: If we don't draft a big WR in the 1st round or top of the 2nd round, then we will get a project and won't fill our BIGGEST NEED in my opinion.

Michael82
04-12-2008, 12:04 AM
i think the qb from delaware will be the first qb taken
Wow! Really??? :shocked: I don't see how Matt Ryan could not be the 1st. I like the guy from Delaware, but see him going in the 2nd round.