04-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Just don't see buffalo going WR or CB

THATHURMANATOR
04-11-2008, 12:05 PM
What are they going to do with Crowell? :idunno:

Tatonka
04-11-2008, 12:07 PM
let him go after this year?

maybe. rivers could be better than crowell and will be cheaper after crowell gets a new deal. and any of our LBs could get hurt and we would be screwed again.

i wouldnt be happy at first, but i wouldnt freak out either. he is going to be a TKO type player i think (pre injury of course)

ParanoidAndroid
04-11-2008, 12:17 PM
I have to respectfully disagree. That would suggest that we are able to go after the BPA. That, IMHO, will be Derek Harvey. OLB is farther down on our list of high need than other positions that show value at #11, like DE, OL, CB. Unless they have alternate plans for Kawika Mitchell, I don't see OLB as the pick.

Night Train
04-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Go check out the depth chart and you'll see how thin we are at OLB. If Crowell is thinking big $$ after this season, then goodbye. He's good but not an elite player.

I'm very open minded to our 1st round selection and Rivers is a top 10 talent. He's definitely one of the ones.

yordad
04-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Crowell is one of the best OLBs in the league. We have holes, and this isn't one. No thanks.

mayotm
04-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Not saying I'd agree with it, but wouldn't at all be shocked if the Bills took Rivers. Would mean the end of Crowell after this year.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2008, 12:31 PM
We are less than perfect at LB, but Crowell, Mitchell, and Poz, with Ellison and DiGiorgio backing up, ain't bad.

We are abysmal at WR once you get past Evans.

I think we take WR before LB.

THATHURMANATOR
04-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Sure we can then let Crowel walk after the year but this makes no sense. Who is going to sit? Crowel or Rivers? Either way we will have a good player on the bench and not have filled another weakness.

ParanoidAndroid
04-11-2008, 12:35 PM
We have a solid group of starters. Signing Crowell is going to be very important to Fewell and Jauron. I say he gets a contract here. Otherwise, we spin our wheels letting our core players leave and signing new ones instead of building on a good foundation. I don't understand the mentality that letting good players leave in their prime is a good idea. He won't strap us.

patmoran2006
04-11-2008, 12:41 PM
let him go after this year?

maybe. rivers could be better than crowell and will be cheaper after crowell gets a new deal. and any of our LBs could get hurt and we would be screwed again.

i wouldnt be happy at first, but i wouldnt freak out either. he is going to be a TKO type player i think (pre injury of course)
But that wouldn't be improving.. that would be addition by subtraction (yet again)

Crowell is a strength of the team, not a weakness. Now that we go Mitchell, I will be PISSED if we draft a LB 11th.

patmoran2006
04-11-2008, 12:42 PM
We have a solid group of starters. Signing Crowell is going to be very important to Fewell and Jauron. I say he gets a contract here. Otherwise, we spin our wheels letting our core players leave and signing new ones instead of building on a good foundation. I don't understand the mentality that letting good players leave in their prime is a good idea. He won't strap us.we got almost $40 in CASH TO CAP room alone. We've barely made a tiny dent in our cap. we better be signing Crowell long term, to say the very least.

ParanoidAndroid
04-11-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure about the numbers, but we are well positioned to be able to sign our core players and add FA talent looking forward. It's a deliberate upswing.

yordad
04-11-2008, 01:43 PM
we got almost $40 in CASH TO CAP room alone. We've barely made a tiny dent in our cap. we better be signing Crowell long term, to say the very least.If we don't extend Crowell, AND Evans this offseason, with all that available cap space, I will be f'in pissed. Seriously F'in Pissed.

gr8slayer
04-11-2008, 01:43 PM
This would be a great pick. Posluszny is a huge question mark at best regarding both his performance on the field and his health, and honestly, Rivers > Posluszny. I think Rivers would be a better MLB in the C2 than OLB.

If the coaches don't agree and project him as an OLB then this pick would be worthless.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2008, 01:52 PM
This would be a great pick. Posluszny is a huge question mark at best regarding both his performance on the field and his health, and honestly, Rivers > Posluszny. I think Rivers would be a better MLB in the C2 than OLB.

If the coaches don't agree and project him as an OLB then this pick would be worthless.
I'm not going to argue opinion, because - unlike facts - they can never be proven. But I don't understand how Rivers is better than Poz, when Poz has played only a couple of games, and Rivers has yet to play in the NFL. Poz, I believe, had a more productive collegiate career, and had something like 23 tackles in his first two games last season, before breaking his arm.

I really think it's a little early to replace him.

gr8slayer
04-11-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm not going to argue opinion, because - unlike facts - they can never be proven. But I don't understand how Rivers is better than Poz, when Poz has played only a couple of games, and Rivers has yet to play in the NFL. Poz, I believe, had a more productive collegiate career, and had something like 23 tackles in his first two games last season, before breaking his arm.

I really think it's a little early to replace him.
Posluszny simply isn't athletic enough, his hip movement is horrible, his burst leaves a lot to be desired, and he tackles too high. Rivers is just the opposite of the three; none the less it is highly unlikely that we will draft a LB in round one so there's really no point in turning this into a Losman vs. Edwards type thread.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Posluszny simply isn't athletic enough, his hip movement is horrible, his burst leaves a lot to be desired, and he tackles too high. Rivers is just the opposite of the three; none the less it is highly unlikely that we will draft a LB in round one so there's really no point in turning this into a Losman vs. Edwards type thread.
I agree. But Poz does have heart, desire, smarts and football instincts, which account for a lot.

EDS
04-11-2008, 02:04 PM
I was definitely on the Rivers bandwagon before the Mitchell signing (the best thing about bringing in Mitchell is that he adds some much needed experience alongside Poz, who is essentially a rookie again). Now that the team has Mitchell though the only way I think the team can justify Rivers is if the continue to have concerns about Poz's ability to stay healthy (which I think is an issue given his track record).

Rivers definitely is talented and is certaintly worth the 11th pick.

I don't see an obvious pick for the Bills at 11 since all of the wide receivers seem like reaches.

gr8slayer
04-11-2008, 02:05 PM
I agree. But Poz does have heart, desire, smarts and football instincts, which account for a lot.
No doubt about it..... My point is that Posluszny just isn't physically fit to be an MLB in the C2 and Rivers is more fit. That's not to say that Posluszny won't improve on the above mentioned stuff.

ddaryl
04-11-2008, 02:09 PM
unless we are looking for a new starting on opening day OLB then drafting a LB in rd #1 makes little sense. We can pick up a LB in rd 2 or 3 that can develope for a year and be ready to fill in if the Bills feel they need a LB early.

Right now positions of need are in order WR, TE, CB... DE and LB are not positions of immediate need, and IMO a DE trumps LB. We be better served by continuing to upgrade our pass rush via stud DE at #11 over a LB

gr8slayer
04-11-2008, 02:11 PM
unless we are looking for a new starting on opening day OLB then drafting a LB in rd #1 makes little sense. We can pick up a LB in rd 2 or 3 that can develope for a year and be ready to fill in if the Bills feel they need a LB early.

Right now positions of need are in order WR, TE, CB... DE and LB are not positions of immediate need, and IMO a DE trumps LB. We be better served by continuing to upgrade our pass rush via stud DE at #11 over a LB
It's so hard to justify spending more money at the DE when we already have so much stupid money invested.

ddaryl
04-11-2008, 02:20 PM
It's so hard to justify spending more money at the DE when we already have so much stupid money invested.

I agree, but I justify it more then an OLB... and we can dump a DE in 2009 while a DE this year develops since we all know Schobel is getting older and kelsay and Denny are never going ot be pro-bowlers.

We still need a 4th DE on the roster this year. We have Schobel Kelsay and Denny.

HHURRICANE
04-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Just don't see buffalo going WR or CB

I would be very happy with LB or DE over WR or CB.

I think the Bills waste a pick if they take a WR at #11.

patmoran2006
04-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I would be very happy with LB or DE over WR or CB.

I think the Bills waste a pick if they take a WR at #11.
We're strong at LB,and we're woefully weak at WR, and yet youll be considering the Bills as wasting a pick if we take a WR at 11? how does that add up?

HHURRICANE
04-11-2008, 03:26 PM
We're strong at LB,and we're woefully weak at WR, and yet youll be considering the Bills as wasting a pick if we take a WR at 11? how does that add up?

Because nobody at the WR position is worth the 11th pick. Quite frankly there isn't one
worth the 20th pick.

The Bills have a better chance of drafting WRs in rounds 2,3, and 4 and getting thier guy than taking a chance at #11.

Mitchy moo
04-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Because nobody at the WR position is worth the 11th pick. Quite frankly there isn't one
worth the 20th pick.

The Bills have a better chance of drafting WRs in rounds 2,3, and 4 and getting thier guy than taking a chance at #11.

While increasing their odds of getting a solid starter from the 11th spot.

yordad
04-11-2008, 03:40 PM
worth the 20th pick.

The Bills have a better chance of drafting WRs in rounds 2,3, and 4 and getting thier guy than taking a chance at #11.Value = need/price

The price my be high, but the need is higher making it worth it.

Michael82
04-12-2008, 12:43 AM
If we didn't sign Kawika Mitchell, I would have been fine with this move...but we did sign him. So LB is the furthest thing from what we need right now.

Michael82
04-12-2008, 12:45 AM

Excellent post! :bf1:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-12-2008, 06:15 AM
if we take rivers we will have to run the ol' 3-6-2 scheme with 3 down linemen, 6 linebackers and 2 dbs :)

Confused
04-12-2008, 07:48 AM
drafting rivers at eleven would be quite dumb. with the exception of connor, who is purely a middle LB, this class is poor in terms of LB talent. Next year is a year to get an elite LB.

Scumbag College
04-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Rivers might be the BPA at 11. Good teams have the luxury of taking BPA in the draft, 7-9 teams need to take players that can come in and start with their first and second round picks.

At 11 the Bills will likely be able to take the best WR in the draft at that point, whom would in all likelihood be a starter from day one.

coastal
04-12-2008, 08:51 AM
If we draft him I am done with this organization.

Here's why... it would mean we have absolutely no intention of paying Crowell.

I am so sick of this team letting the draft picks that actually aren't bums go.

We need to sign Lee Evans and Angelo Crowell to extensions.

The Bills have a window in the next 3 years to make a run. We have a good oline... a solid D... great special teams... and a few holes to fill with the next couple of drafts and one more free agency period next year.

Its all right there assuming we don't bomb out in the drafts.

Letting our talent go to bring in cheaper replacements only means we are never going to the Super Bowl.

HHURRICANE
04-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Rivers might be the BPA at 11. Good teams have the luxury of taking BPA in the draft, 7-9 teams need to take players that can come in and start with their first and second round picks.

At 11 the Bills will likely be able to take the best WR in the draft at that point, whom would in all likelihood be a starter from day one.

Who's the number #1 WR in the draft?

PECKERWOOD
04-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Would love to add Rivers to the LB mix. Why couldn't Rivers outplay Mitchell or Crowell? Rivers has pro bowl written all over him in bold letters. Sure, Mitchell and Crowell may be slightly above average but neither of them are going to be making trips to Hawaii anytime soon, imo.

yordad
04-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Who's the number #1 WR in the draft?Just because we all can't decide, doesn't mean they can't.

Bone
04-12-2008, 11:36 AM
drunk?