X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PISSCHUNK
    • Apr 2003

Limas Sweed

This was copied from a UT fan website in which the author's friend is an NFC scout.

I caught up with a long-time NFL scouting friend of mine on Thursday and asked him for his thoughts on the Texas draft prospects as his team prepares to spend the next week finalizing their draft board.

For those wondering, this scout works for an NFC squad that has played in the Super Bowl this decade.

Limas Sweed - “He’s done a much better job in preparing himself for the draft than any receiver that I’ve seen. Even with his injury, he’s done everything that teams have asked him to do. He’s also one of the best interviews we’ve seen among the players that will go in the first round. He’s presented himself as a young man that is going to be a true professional. We actually feel as good about him being a very good pro as just about anyone (Texas) has put out in the last couple of years, and that’s not to take anything away from those players. I’m very impressed with Limas.”

Late
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Re: Limas Sweed

For those wondering, this scout works for an NFC squad that has played in the Super Bowl this decade.
    My bet is Philly. They're eyeing WRs in the first round.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

I liked the comment in Pro Football Weekly which stated " In a League full of prima donna WR's, he's very humble and a hard worker ".

If the Bills are looking at Kelly & Thomas, then they are defintely looking at this guy, with his size,hands and knack for the big play. If his wrist is healed, he's 1st round material.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

This should be the guy we take.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I think I'm on his bandwagon now, which will be the 7th or 8th I've been on already, and the draft is still 2 weeks away,
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

This scout's opinion on Limas matches mine. When everyone was tooting the Malcolm Kelly horn I was firmly in Limas' corner. He's the best WR in the draft whether people believe it or not. He's the kind of guy who would work extremely hard for a coach like Jauron and a city like Buffalo.

Draft this man.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I'm on board as well.

Looking at this highlight video, I like how he's making a lot of tough catches over and around a defender.

He has the size we need and apparantly the work ethic we require. Speed is not elite but we already have Evans and Parrish as burners, we just need a big target. At 6'4" but only 215, he needs to put on some meat to stay healthy. The knock on him is never having a 50 catch season or over 1000 yards.

Comment

• Akhippo
                • Nov 2002

If we do go WR. I like this guy more and more. He has size and speed. Plus his injury for a WR is alot more of a hinderance. And he hasnt used that as an excuse or crutch.
                Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Sweed is by far the best WR in this years draft.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Lets draft him!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

try posting Thomas' , Kelly's , Swweds highlights side by side. I liked Thomas' the best but Sweed and Kelly would be better tragets up the middle like what TJ WHosyourmomma is to Ocho Cinco.

Thomas however would be like a Wayne and Harrison combo.

I think it boils down to whether we are keeping Lee. Sweed and Kelly would compliment him well in the middle but Thomas would be a beast opposite Lee.

Regardless of who we draft I just hope we grab a TE .
                      We need to get Trent what Peyton has , a Harrison, Wayne and Clark.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by JediBuffalo
                        Sweed is by far the best WR in this years draft.
                        I'll take your word, Taco. You know stuff 'bout Texas football!
                        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          I think I'm on his bandwagon now, which will be the 7th or 8th I've been on already, and the draft is still 2 weeks away,
                          If we combine his bad wrist with Kelly's bad knees we could maybe get a compensatory pick for being so stupid.

Why is this board not realizing that the WR talent doesn't warrant a #11 pick?

We cannot afford to be taking chances on picks. Get a contributor at #11. This team does not have the talent to watse a pick.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                            • May 2005

This has been my guy all along... I really hope we get him, and I really, really hope we can drop down and get him around 20.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                              This has been my guy all along... I really hope we get him, and I really, really hope we can drop down and get him around 20.
                              I agree, but some will say that there are enough question marks with all of the top WRs - Sweed (injury) Kelly (quad, bad knees, slow) and Thomas (only one productive year) - that they're too big a risk, even lower in the first round.

We need a WR, or two, desperately, but they all seem to be too flawed to gamble on.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X