PDA

View Full Version : Limas Sweed

PISSCHUNK
04-11-2008, 02:32 PM
This was copied from a UT fan website in which the author's friend is an NFC scout.

I caught up with a long-time NFL scouting friend of mine on Thursday and asked him for his thoughts on the Texas draft prospects as his team prepares to spend the next week finalizing their draft board.

For those wondering, this scout works for an NFC squad that has played in the Super Bowl this decade.

Limas Sweed - “He’s done a much better job in preparing himself for the draft than any receiver that I’ve seen. Even with his injury, he’s done everything that teams have asked him to do. He’s also one of the best interviews we’ve seen among the players that will go in the first round. He’s presented himself as a young man that is going to be a true professional. We actually feel as good about him being a very good pro as just about anyone (Texas) has put out in the last couple of years, and that’s not to take anything away from those players. I’m very impressed with Limas.”

Late

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2008, 02:37 PM
For those wondering, this scout works for an NFC squad that has played in the Super Bowl this decade.
My bet is Philly. They're eyeing WRs in the first round.

Night Train
04-11-2008, 02:51 PM
I liked the comment in Pro Football Weekly which stated " In a League full of prima donna WR's, he's very humble and a hard worker ".

If the Bills are looking at Kelly & Thomas, then they are defintely looking at this guy, with his size,hands and knack for the big play. If his wrist is healed, he's 1st round material.

Philagape
04-11-2008, 02:53 PM
This should be the guy we take.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I think I'm on his bandwagon now, which will be the 7th or 8th I've been on already, and the draft is still 2 weeks away,

Buffalogic
04-11-2008, 03:10 PM
This scout's opinion on Limas matches mine. When everyone was tooting the Malcolm Kelly horn I was firmly in Limas' corner. He's the best WR in the draft whether people believe it or not. He's the kind of guy who would work extremely hard for a coach like Jauron and a city like Buffalo.

Draft this man.

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm on board as well.

Looking at this highlight video, I like how he's making a lot of tough catches over and around a defender.

He has the size we need and apparantly the work ethic we require. Speed is not elite but we already have Evans and Parrish as burners, we just need a big target. At 6'4" but only 215, he needs to put on some meat to stay healthy. The knock on him is never having a 50 catch season or over 1000 yards.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4AHAhZsrEL4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4AHAhZsrEL4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Akhippo
04-11-2008, 03:14 PM
If we do go WR. I like this guy more and more. He has size and speed. Plus his injury for a WR is alot more of a hinderance. And he hasnt used that as an excuse or crutch.

gr8slayer
04-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Sweed is by far the best WR in this years draft.

THATHURMANATOR
04-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Lets draft him!!!

justasportsfan
04-11-2008, 03:26 PM
try posting Thomas' , Kelly's , Swweds highlights side by side. I liked Thomas' the best but Sweed and Kelly would be better tragets up the middle like what TJ WHosyourmomma is to Ocho Cinco.

Thomas however would be like a Wayne and Harrison combo.

I think it boils down to whether we are keeping Lee. Sweed and Kelly would compliment him well in the middle but Thomas would be a beast opposite Lee.

Regardless of who we draft I just hope we grab a TE .
We need to get Trent what Peyton has , a Harrison, Wayne and Clark.

The last buffalo fan
04-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Sweed is by far the best WR in this years draft.

I'll take your word, Taco. You know stuff 'bout Texas football! :bandwagon

HHURRICANE
04-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I think I'm on his bandwagon now, which will be the 7th or 8th I've been on already, and the draft is still 2 weeks away,

If we combine his bad wrist with Kelly's bad knees we could maybe get a compensatory pick for being so stupid.

Why is this board not realizing that the WR talent doesn't warrant a #11 pick?

We cannot afford to be taking chances on picks. Get a contributor at #11. This team does not have the talent to watse a pick.

BlackMetalNinja
04-11-2008, 03:59 PM
This has been my guy all along... I really hope we get him, and I really, really hope we can drop down and get him around 20.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2008, 04:09 PM
This has been my guy all along... I really hope we get him, and I really, really hope we can drop down and get him around 20.
I agree, but some will say that there are enough question marks with all of the top WRs - Sweed (injury) Kelly (quad, bad knees, slow) and Thomas (only one productive year) - that they're too big a risk, even lower in the first round.

We need a WR, or two, desperately, but they all seem to be too flawed to gamble on.

Philagape
04-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Sweed's wrist was fine in his workouts

yordad
04-11-2008, 06:08 PM
If we combine his bad wrist with Kelly's bad knees we could maybe get a compensatory pick for being so stupid.

We cannot afford to be taking chances on picks. Get a contributor at #11. This team does not have the talent to watse a pick.Value = need/price

The price my be high, but no position is of greater need.

In fact, most of this reply had me doing a :headscrat

Mski
04-11-2008, 06:11 PM
i've liked him since kelly took so long to work out, i believe there is still more to his injury then whats been disclosed:idunno:

gr8slayer
04-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey, Jerry Jones likes him, he must be good.

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Adrian Peterson was an "injury risk" last year. How did he turn out?

Ultra Chimp 1
04-11-2008, 07:00 PM
James Hardy.

Mski
04-11-2008, 07:03 PM

i dont think there was any doubt in most minds about his recovery, and a broken bone is different than an undislosed knee/quad/leg injury

YardRat
04-11-2008, 07:03 PM

We cannot afford to be taking chances on picks. Get a contributor at #11. This team does not have the talent to watse a pick.

I'd rather 'reach' at eleven then lose out completely waiting for one of the top prospects in round 2.

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2008, 09:21 PM
i dont think there was any doubt in most minds about his recovery, and a broken bone is different than an undislosed knee/quad/leg injury
I'm talking Sweed's wrist.

Mski
04-11-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm talking Sweed's wrist.

my bad i thought you were takling about kelly

DrGraves
04-12-2008, 12:24 AM
limas will outproduce anything kelly or thomas could ever dream of doing.

DrGraves
04-12-2008, 12:26 AM

injured.

Michael82
04-12-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm on his bandwagon! Hell, i'm on any of the top 3 WRs bandwagon.... Kelly, Sweed or Thomas. Either way, just fill our biggest need, Russ! :pray:

coastal
04-12-2008, 07:38 AM
A UT fan website?

A friend of an NFL scout?

Ew! Ew! Sign me up mommy. I wanna select Sweed too.

You guys need to get a grip.

Michael82
04-12-2008, 08:30 AM
A UT fan website?

A friend of an NFL scout?

Ew! Ew! Sign me up mommy. I wanna select Sweed too.

You guys need to get a grip.
says the guy with the big giant Devin Thomas avatar...... :rolleyes:

coastal
04-12-2008, 08:45 AM
says the guy with the big giant Devin Thomas avatar...... :rolleyes:Because I have a Devin Thomas avatar means I can't make the point that a UT fan... on a UT website... who just so happens to "know" an NFL scout might have some bias towards Limas Sweed?

blackonyx89
04-12-2008, 09:17 AM
I can imagine Bills fans saying his name after a reception.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuweeeeedddddd!!!!

:bandwagon

Or you can say, Sweed is Sweet!!!

Bert102176
04-13-2008, 05:28 AM
I've been for drafting this guy think I was the 1st one to say we should draft him at #11 cause I think he's gonna be a kick butt WR and he is what we are looking for and need, I would like
(1) Limas Sweed WR
(2) Fred Davis TE
(3) Owen Schmitt FB
(4) Alvin Bowen OLB
(4) Tommy Blake DE
(5) Marcus Monk WR
(6) Mike Pollak C
(7) Zackary Bowman CB
(7) Kirk Barton OG
(7) Andy Boyd TE which will be a OT or G

Bert102176
04-13-2008, 05:38 AM
some people thought drafting Whitner was too high also but I think that was the right move as I think drafting Sweed would be

acehole
04-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Nice video Miyagi....good hands and would be a good target. However Bills often go for a "Yac" wr and all of those catches seem to go nowhere after he catches them....not the worse thing in the world if you have LEE evans on the other side...but we may not after this year....he could be a good #2 but I dont know if he has the speed to be a #1.

I'm on board as well.

Looking at this highlight video, I like how he's making a lot of tough catches over and around a defender.

He has the size we need and apparantly the work ethic we require. Speed is not elite but we already have Evans and Parrish as burners, we just need a big target. At 6'4" but only 215, he needs to put on some meat to stay healthy. The knock on him is never having a 50 catch season or over 1000 yards.

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4AHAhZsrEL4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT></P>

TigerJ
04-14-2008, 01:11 PM
He's definitely a very high character guy. He's probably not a very good value at #11, but I wouldn't mind him at all as the Bills pick should they trade out of #11 in to the 17 to 25 range.

Oaf
04-15-2008, 01:07 AM
I say Hardy may not get out of the 1st, much less reach 41. And unless we are willing to give our 3rd to move up (I'm not) to get him, I'd rather get my guy at 11 unless we can trade down or are enamored with Harvey or a CB. Sweed at 11 may disappoint some, but I would be happy.

djjimkelly
04-15-2008, 01:22 AM
This should be the guy we take.

him or drc

i know people dont think drc is fit for cover 2 but we wont be playing cover 2 once this staff is gone

kernowboy
04-15-2008, 06:46 AM
There is very little difference in the quality of player we could get at No11 and the guy we could get at No41.

Personally I would love to trade our No1 for Atlanta's 3 No2 selections. In R2 we will be able to get a very good No2 WR like James Hardy, a CB with starting ability like Justin King, a TE who will be a solid pro like John Carlson and STILL have another Day1 pick to spend on BPA.

Whilst value = need, what also needs to be measured is whether the value available at No11 justifies the significantly bigger contract.

Marshawn got a $19m/5yr rookie contract whist Posluzny signed a $5m/4yr deal in 2007.

By that estimation, we could sign 3 R2 players for about $6m over 5years and have 3 chances to get it right.

gr8slayer
04-15-2008, 10:14 AM
him or drc

i know people dont think drc is fit for cover 2 but we wont be playing cover 2 once this staff is gone
DRC is fit for just about any system.