PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a great goal by Ovechkin

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-11-2008, 08:40 PM
That was a pretty awesome effort to win that game.

Philagape
04-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Also from that game ....

WASHINGTON (AP) - Flyers left wing Patrick Thoresen was taken to the hospital for tests after getting hit in the groin by a shot off Alex Ovechkin's stick during Philadelphia's 5-4 loss to Washington on Friday night.
"He's going to the hospital to get an ultrasound done on his testicles. It's bad enough they may have to remove one," Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said. "Right now, we're not sure how serious it is, but there's a chance he may need surgery."

Mitchy moo
04-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Philly was missing a ball from the start.

camelcowboy
04-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Philly was missing a ball from the start.
too soon !

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-12-2008, 06:07 AM
Also from that game ....

WASHINGTON (AP) - Flyers left wing Patrick Thoresen was taken to the hospital for tests after getting hit in the groin by a shot off Alex Ovechkin's stick during Philadelphia's 5-4 loss to Washington on Friday night.
"He's going to the hospital to get an ultrasound done on his testicles. It's bad enough they may have to remove one," Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said. "Right now, we're not sure how serious it is, but there's a chance he may need surgery."

I just swallowed hard.

Philagape
04-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Also from that game ....

Update: He's OK, no damage, may play Sunday if he can take the pain.

"My groin area is sore and swollen," Thoresen said in comments released by the team. "I can't really walk properly right now. It hurts." (AP)

Mski
04-12-2008, 06:54 PM

"My groin area is sore and swollen," Thoresen said in comments released by the team. "I can't really walk properly right now. It hurts." (AP)

gives a whole new meaning to roeschamboe, glad to see his boys will be ok

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-12-2008, 07:41 PM

Hockey players are the toughest atheletes.

YardRat
04-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Betcha that's the last time he makes the comment 'I'd give my left nut to make the playoffs.'