PDA

View Full Version : While I was drunk last night, I figured out what the Bills would do

patmoran2006
04-12-2008, 10:21 AM
I must admit I've been totally confused as to what the Bills will do on Saturday April 26th. Searching for an answer, I turned to several Coors Lights and shots of crown last night to help my focus.

At about 2am, after winning some money in Hold Em, at least a dozen beers and even more shots of Crown. It hit me. Pat Moran/Draft Expert figured out what the Bills are going to do come draft day.

With the 11th pick, the Bills will select CB Dominique Rodgers Cromartie. (Harvey will be gone to NE at 7 as you'll see in my mock draft-coming soon)

Then the Bills are going to make a trade. They're going to move their second and third round picks to PIttsburgh for the 23rd overall pick. With that pick they will select WR Limas Sweed.

I know that's not good news for people who are fans of us taking a TE early in the draft, but that's not going to happen until round 4. I dont know who the TE will be, as I didn't quite drink enough crown for that to come to me.

But DRC and Sweed are coming to Buffalo, and holy **** do I have a hangover.

shelby
04-12-2008, 10:27 AM
i think you're right about us taking DRC. Not so sure about Sweed tho.

Drink a beer....what kills ya, cures ya.
:beers:

patmoran2006
04-12-2008, 10:31 AM
My wife wont talk to me this morning, lol

PECKERWOOD
04-12-2008, 10:45 AM
That leaves room for Rucker or Davis in the 4th! I certainly wouldn't mind DRC and Sweed in Buffalo.

Jan Reimers
04-12-2008, 10:47 AM
DRC is viewed by many "experts" - perhaps because of the level of competition he faced - as more of a developmental prospect than Jenkins, McKelvin or Talib. If we want an impact CB in the first round, we should probably grab one of those three. I think DRC at 11 is as big a reach as any WR at that spot.

Sweed, though, would be a strong pick.

Mr. Miyagi
04-12-2008, 10:59 AM
The Levy/Jauron era has always picked who they liked the most, regardless whether people think it's a reach or not.

With that in mind, I feel that they'll take a WR at #11. And that would be Sweed.

yordad
04-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Maybe we could keep our third, and give up a 4th, 6th , and 7th. That would give us DRC, Sweed, a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and seventh.

3rd = 215
4th + 6th + 7th = 113
2nd = 470
#23 = 760

Our 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 7th for Sweed, and it still doesn't add up? 760 > 583

Awe, nevermind. I was drinking too, and I have a headache.

bigbub2352
04-12-2008, 11:21 AM
I think all the cb prospects are a reach since they are mostly small school, i think if we trade back in he take THomas, we wont trade back in for Sweed, or Kelly there stock has been dropping, from what ihave read and look more like 2nd rounders (early) i could see us trading up in the 2nd for sweed or hardy or kelly, but hardy will proally be gone, we will see.......

coastal
04-12-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm so glad I don't drink anymore.

Tatonka
04-12-2008, 11:23 AM
thank god the bills wont drink like that on draft day. never happen.

Jan Reimers
04-12-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm so glad I don't drink anymore.
Then you have nothing to look forward to. When you get up in the morning, it's as good as you're going to feel all day.

Bone
04-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Then you have nothing to look forward to. When you get up in the morning, it's as good as you're going to feel all day.

:rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
04-12-2008, 11:42 AM
On a perfect day, McFadden will fall to us. Jerry Jones will call to offer up the house. We take his #22 and #28 for our #11 and 4th rounder.

With those 2 picks, we can be sure to have one of the top WRs Sweed/Thomas/Kelly/Hardy and one of the top CBs Jenkins/DRC/Talib/Cason/McKelvin.

In 2nd round take Fred Davis.

WOW I would cream my pants right there and then. :drool:

PECKERWOOD
04-12-2008, 11:51 AM
On a perfect day, McFadden will fall to us. Jerry Jones will call to offer up the house. We take his #22 and #28 for our #11 and 4th rounder.

With those 2 picks, we can be sure to have one of the top WRs Sweed/Thomas/Kelly/Hardy and one of the top CBs Jenkins/DRC/Talib/Cason/McKelvin.

In 2nd round take Fred Davis.

WOW I would cream my pants right there and then. :drool:

McFadden doesn't fall past Cincinatti.

Mitchy moo
04-12-2008, 11:53 AM
DRC is viewed by many "experts" - perhaps because of the level of competition he faced - as more of a developmental prospect than Jenkins, McKelvin or Talib. If we want an impact CB in the first round, we should probably grab one of those three. I think DRC at 11 is as big a reach as any WR at that spot.

Sweed, though, would be a strong pick.

Sweed is good to go right out of the box but Harvey would be a force for many years.

YardRat
04-12-2008, 12:05 PM
I still think we stay where we are at #11 and grab a WR.

feldspar
04-12-2008, 12:26 PM
I must admit I've been totally confused as to what the Bills will do on Saturday April 26th. Searching for an answer, I turned to several Coors Lights and shots of crown last night to help my focus.

At about 2am, after winning some money in Hold Em, at least a dozen beers and even more shots of Crown. It hit me. Pat Moran/Draft Expert figured out what the Bills are going to do come draft day.

With the 11th pick, the Bills will select CB Dominique Rodgers Cromartie. (Harvey will be gone to NE at 7 as you'll see in my mock draft-coming soon)

Then the Bills are going to make a trade. They're going to move their second and third round picks to PIttsburgh for the 23rd overall pick. With that pick they will select WR Limas Sweed.

I know that's not good news for people who are fans of us taking a TE early in the draft, but that's not going to happen until round 4. I dont know who the TE will be, as I didn't quite drink enough crown for that to come to me.

Maybe you should take some heroin and figure out how to make world peace a reality.

trapezeus
04-12-2008, 12:48 PM
the thing about CB's for me is that we have taken a bunch of them since 2000 in the first round and then we lose them when 4 years from now. i honestly think that if the LBs and DL play better and get some push, last years CB's will hold their own. and our SS and FS will help tremedously since they'll be in the secondary primarily insntead of playing up to help the run.

raphael120
04-12-2008, 03:40 PM
I wonder if Ralph will be drunk too on draft day and he'll think the same exact way as Pat???

TIME TO SPIKE HIS GERITOL!

jimbohastle51
04-12-2008, 05:36 PM

jimbohastle51
04-12-2008, 05:41 PM

pat i agree with you. we will take DRC if available and we will trade back up to get a WR in towards athe end of the first but we are going to get calson TE out of ND as well. i a have a feeling that the bills want him BAD!!! if we kept our second and moved JP and a 3rd to get back into the late first i could totally see us taking carlson in the second with your senario in the first coming true. 1) DRC
1B) limas sweed
2) john carlson
damn that would be a nice first day. i have a feeling JP will be in minnisota this year. and at 17 we could get either kelly or sweed. i think thomas is a great WR prospect but 11 is pretty high for one year of college production, but he will be gone before we can trade back up in the draft to get a WR so sweed, or kelly will be our pick there.

venis2k1
04-12-2008, 06:13 PM
1) DRC
1B) limas sweed
2) john carlson

I dont think anyone could complain about that.

TacklingDummy
04-12-2008, 06:21 PM

New England doesn't have a secondary and they are going to pass up a CB with their first pick? Doubt it.

And I doubt you can drink that much. Unless you started drinking at 9 o'clock in the morning.

Mr. Miyagi
04-12-2008, 06:26 PM
McFadden doesn't fall past Cincinatti.
I have no chance with Jessica Simpson either but it doesn't stop me from fantasizing. :drool:

Mr. Miyagi
04-12-2008, 06:29 PM
i have a feeling JP will be in minnisota this year.
They just sign Frerotte as Jackson's backup so they won't need JP.

Atlanta could trade for JP if they pass on Ryan at #3.

TacklingDummy
04-12-2008, 07:01 PM
They just sign Frerotte as Jackson's backup so they won't need JP.

Atlanta could trade for JP if they pass on Ryan at #3.
They signed Harrington a month ago, that's not going to happen either.

OpIv37
04-12-2008, 07:58 PM

:bf1:

Mods, please copy-paste this into every thread about DRC.

Remember, no one was talking about him until after the combine- that's a scary prospect because he could be a workout warrior. Always be wary of players whose stock rises or falls a lot AFTER the college football season ends. It's amazing how much "expert" opinions on these guys change when they're NOT EVEN PLAYING FOOTBALL.

evol4276
04-12-2008, 08:59 PM
what we need to realize is that the past two years this team has done i feel very well for finding starters through the early rounds of the draft (i.e. mccargo after injury, lynch, whitner, edwards, simpson, poz). i really want this team to go WR, but different from others' opinions, i feel that if we pick one up early, i have faith that he will start and perform well for us. while some of our picks havent been fan-favorites here the past 2 years fully, they seem to have a knack for finding talent that can contribute early for us.

now while i know wr isn't the favorite option among us here, i feel that whoever we pick (and i do believe it will be in the first 2 rds) expect them to play suprisingly better than thought. unless they get hurt, of course.

Jan Reimers
04-13-2008, 06:47 AM

Remember, no one was talking about him until after the combine- that's a scary prospect because he could be a workout warrior. Always be wary of players whose stock rises or falls a lot AFTER the college football season ends. It's amazing how much "expert" opinions on these guys change when they're NOT EVEN PLAYING FOOTBALL.
Exactly. Everyone should always remember two words: Erik Flowers.

shelby
04-13-2008, 07:12 AM
:ill:

kernowboy
04-13-2008, 09:00 AM
I think what has impressed coaches is not just Rodgers-Cromartie's combine figures but how well he played at the Senior Bowl.

He is no bigger risk than any other rookie including a one season wonder WR or an injury risk WR or a WR who is as slow as anything and tries to ***** that it is someone elses fault

Jan Reimers
04-13-2008, 12:34 PM
I think what has impressed coaches is not just Rodgers-Cromartie's combine figures but how well he played at the Senior Bowl.

He is no bigger risk than any other rookie including a one season wonder WR or an injury risk WR or a WR who is as slow as anything and tries to ***** that it is someone elses fault
But if the risks are roughly equal, I'd rather take a WR, which we need far more desperately than a CB.

justasportsfan
04-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Pat Moran/Draft Expert .

Definitely not alcohol but drugs.

DraftBoy
04-14-2008, 10:52 AM

This is ridiculous. Im sorry you didnt see anybody talking about him prior to the end of the season however he's been being talked about since early last year. Please dont just take what Kiper/Maycock say and assume its what everybody else who knows stuff about the draft is saying. He was initially on D2footballs.com's Josh Buchannan's pre-season players to watch for this year as one of the top 2 ranked prospects. Come on guys, dont sit here and believe just what the Kiper/Maycock machine is telling you.

TedMock
04-14-2008, 12:44 PM
This is ridiculous. Im sorry you didnt see anybody talking about him prior to the end of the season however he's been being talked about since early last year. Please dont just take what Kiper/Maycock say and assume its what everybody else who knows stuff about the draft is saying. He was initially on D2footballs.com's Josh Buchannan's pre-season players to watch for this year as one of the top 2 ranked prospects. Come on guys, dont sit here and believe just what the Kiper/Maycock machine is telling you.

Isn't Buchannan also on NFL Draft Bible? Anyway, I know they mentioned DRC quite early as did NFL Draft Watch. They had him as a sleeper, behind guys like Jenkins, Talib, Cason, et al, but said that many scouts like him and that the Senior Bowl will determine how much combine interest he gets. As we all know, he was great at the senior bowl and got all sorts of combine attention.

My biggest concern with him is in run support. He's skinny and I've read that his tackling can be questionable though his coverage skills are top-notch. If a team is going to work with him, a scheme like ours may be the best one for him. Also, is anybody considering him moving to FS because of the range he has?

DraftBoy
04-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Isn't Buchannan also on NFL Draft Bible? Anyway, I know they mentioned DRC quite early as did NFL Draft Watch. They had him as a sleeper, behind guys like Jenkins, Talib, Cason, et al, but said that many scouts like him and that the Senior Bowl will determine how much combine interest he gets. As we all know, he was great at the senior bowl and got all sorts of combine attention.

My biggest concern with him is in run support. He's skinny and I've read that his tackling can be questionable though his coverage skills are top-notch. If a team is going to work with him, a scheme like ours may be the best one for him. Also, is anybody considering him moving to FS because of the range he has?

He is now yes, he also gets his stuff picked up by Draft Daddy and I post it here too. He's the top small school guy in the country.