PDA

View Full Version : New Mock From the Mock King

BigGabes23
04-12-2008, 12:43 PM
I was talking to a buddy that lives in Dallas and he started telling me about this guy. He suposedly got like 15 picks correct in last years draft. I cannot find it now, but there is a site that ranks the mock drafts, and he is always #1. Anyway, this one is kinda crazy, but he is someone to keep an eye on heading into this draft. While the Bills Pick is kind of out of left field, This guys stock is skyrockerting. IMHO, the bills hold the best position to trade down to about 5 teams that may want to get ahead of Denver who almost certainly will take the top OT OTB. Houston Makes the most sense to me, as they have never had a franchise LT... ever. It would probably cost them next years first rounder. The 18th pick would probably have our choice of WR, as I do not see the Vikes spending another first rounder on a WR. Anyways, here is the Link.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/041208dnspomockdraft.532bcdf5.html

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="dwsmodule" style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); padding: 3px;"> 11. Buffalo </td> <td class="dwsmodule" style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); padding: 3px;"> Branden Albert </td> <td class="dwsmodule" style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); padding: 3px;"> G </td> <td class="dwsmodule" style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); padding: 3px;"> Virginia </td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#cccccc"> <td colspan="4" class="dwsmodule" style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0); padding: 3px;"> Comment: Better blocking makes Marshawn Lynch a better runner</td></tr></tbody></table>

ParanoidAndroid
04-12-2008, 01:02 PM
The trade value difference is 350 points which will end up being more than covered by Houston's 2nd rounder this year. There will be a short run on OT's after we pick, so the Texans are a candidate if they don't think they can wait for Chris Williams. If Clady is on the board, they just might bite. Philly is another candidate, but they have other holes to fill as I have learned as of late.

BigGabes23
04-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Houston doesn't have a second round this year....

Jan Reimers
04-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Given our needs elsewhere, why the HELL would we take a G in the first round?

ParanoidAndroid
04-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Houston doesn't have a second round this year....

which would mean they have to give us multiple picks or they simply don't have the ammo to do it.

Tatonka
04-12-2008, 01:12 PM
i just cant see us picking a tackle.. especially when center is our only real need on the line after they spent 75 million on it last season.

trade down is really the best possible scenario for us.

Confused
04-12-2008, 01:19 PM
another draft guru who doesnt know crap about the needs of any team but his own.

Devin
04-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Albert has been steadily rising the past few months, a very solid option at OG.

Bmax
04-12-2008, 01:28 PM
That pick would shock me....CB and WR would provide a better impact....Heck i could see LB or DE before this pick....

Bmax

Night Train
04-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Rick Gosselin is a pretty sharp guy and has called many a surprise pick for years. He's well connected with NFL people.

Interesting.

Don't Panic
04-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Branden is someone very near and dear to me... I coached him for two years in HS when he still played basketball. It has been a dream scenario for me to see him come to Buffalo (he was born and raised, up until he was 16, in Rochester by the way), but I pretty much gave that up when we brought in Walker and Dockery last year. Up until recently, I didn't see him going much higher than #14, but then Mayock and Kiper threw him in the top 10. Add that to the fact that his most eefective NFL position aside from LG is RT, and I started to see the glimmer of a chance...

Before I go on, you should know that Branden isn't very high on heading back to WNY. It was his move to Maryland that really helped him get out of his shell, and I think going back to the area would be viewed as undesirable. He has said as much to me in recent weeks.

That being said, Branden will be one of the top 5 RTs in the league in the next few years, and if we felt good about Walker at RG, could start on day one for us. If that happened, we would have no weaknesses on our O line (Fowler's would be literally eaten up by Dockery and Walker). Edwards would have all day to throw and Lynch would run through holes the size of tunnels. Every other weakness on offense would be greatly diminished (lack of a blocking back, WR help), and we would have the O side pretty well set. I'm sure Branden would warm to the wonderful city of Buffalo with time. All could be very, very good.

I'll say this too... Branden was easily one of my favorite people I came in contact with in my 7 years at Glen Burnie. His two favorite words were "yes coach", and I heard them many, many times. We would definitely be getting a very high character guy in Branden.

One thing to look out for is Billicheat. He grew up in neighboring Annapolis (our chief rival) and I guarantee he's getting an inside scoop on Branden that a lot of other teams aren't getting. Since NE picks after the 6 "sure things" are off the board, he could go in any direction... and I fear he'll go after Branden. In that case, my dream scenario becomes my nightmare scenario. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Michael82
04-12-2008, 03:27 PM
What the hell!?! :shocked:

This pick would really surprise the hell out of me.

acehole
04-12-2008, 03:30 PM

Well thatneverstopped the bills...They picked a qb when we needed a wr.

raphael120
04-12-2008, 03:35 PM
If the Bills did pick this kid, I would personally go up to OBD and do a round of ***** slapping to Ralph & Co.

Ed
04-12-2008, 05:05 PM
This move wouldn't be that surprising to me, and I wouldn't be unhappy. We've done a lot to help our D, so at least we'd be addressing offense, which all starts up front. The more talent we have on our line, the better everyone else will be in both our passing and running game.

If we're looking to improve our offense and there aren't any WR's worth the 11th pick, and we can't trade down, in a lot of ways Albert looks like the best investment. It's unlikely any WR or TE are going to be able to come in and make an immediate impact, so might as well take the best available player on offense.

venis2k1
04-12-2008, 05:52 PM
he has Brian Brohm to Jax??

FlyingDutchman
04-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Jonathan Stewarat @ 12 to Denver? Right after major surgery? Not to mention they already have Henry and Young.

Mski
04-12-2008, 06:41 PM
kelly to the giants... thats a wr tandem that should never have a ball batted away, "hey eli just throw the ball 15 ft in the air, we'll get it"

Luisito23
04-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Would give us a nasty a$$ line, and we could still pick up a WR in the second or just trade up.....I could see it going this way...

BigGabes23
04-13-2008, 11:46 AM
I think the Cleveland Browns proved what you could do with a great O-line... I am not saying that this is the pick, but his last Mock is usually very accurate.... Keep an eye one it.

I still have no idea who we are going to take... I am leaning towards Harvey this morning. I will be posing my Mock Draft tomorrow... so stay tuned

Johnny Bugmenot
04-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Houston Makes the most sense to me, as they have never had a franchise LT... ever.
They had Tony Boselli but he quit on the team because he didn't want to play for them. Sure, he'll say "injury" but let's be honest, expansion teams blow their first year, always have, always will, so why would Boselli want to embarrass himself like that?

Don't Panic
04-13-2008, 09:06 PM
One other thing that deserves to be mentioned... he said he went BPA on this draft and that the next would be team needs heavy. I'm guessing the third will be a combination of the two, and therfore a more accurate version. I'll reserve judgement until then.

DraftBoy
04-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Is it the smart pick? No, but unlike many fans most people dont see Brad Butler as a starter in the NFL. So some feel as though we have a hole at RG.

Mike13
04-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Would give us a nasty a$$ line, and we could still pick up a WR in the second or just trade up.....I could see it going this way...

I think you guys could get Manningham in the second.
His stock is dropping though so I would avoid him.

Hardy would be gone early in the second.
What other WRs are there in the second?

And yeah I'd love to get Jake Long at no. 1.

Saratoga Slim
04-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Albert has been steadily rising the past few months, a very solid option at OG.

Absolutely. But the reason his stock has been rising is the potential people see to move him to Tackle. As a potential TACKLE, he might be worth a top 15 pick, but for a team like us that has two solid starting tackles, he wouldn't provide very good value b/c we'd be drafting him to remain a guard for the foreseeable future. too high for an interior lineman

Saratoga Slim
04-15-2008, 09:25 PM

in fairness, he does say in the intro to his mock that this is the first of 3 he's going to do, and this one is primarily based on player value. he says next one will take team needs more into account

Devin
04-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Absolutely. But the reason his stock has been rising is the potential people see to move him to Tackle. As a potential TACKLE, he might be worth a top 15 pick, but for a team like us that has two solid starting tackles, he wouldn't provide very good value b/c we'd be drafting him to remain a guard for the foreseeable future. too high for an interior lineman

I disagree.

Well I guess I dont technically disagree, you are right he has the athletic ability and tools to play at OT. However he projects inside to OG in the NFL at least to maximize his physical tools. And I believe thats where most teams looking at him are looking to play him.

Albert is by all accounts a better prospect then Grubbs was last year, in fact some scouting services have him pegged as one of the best rated OG prospects since Hutch. Whether thats true or not I dont know, however from the film ive seen I must say im impressed.

While personally I prefer other needs its hard to argue adding a guy like him to our OL. TE and Lynch would be working behind a wall, and assuming we drafted a WR/TE in round 2....well needless to say our offensive potential drastically improves.

Make no mistake I prefer other positions, im simply saying I wouldnt be dissapointed. Albert imo is going to be a pro-bowl calibur OG in the NFL.