X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evol4276
    • Oct 2005

So im gunna make one of these threads too

so what are we looking for in a #2 wr? a tall, sure-handed wr who can get open and be a redzone threat? well i dont see how his stock has changed at all since tuesday. so what if he ran slower than he expected. so what if he got ticked off due to his "poor performance"? ok seriously, we have 1 workout to base our opinions off of (if you want to base yours from that). im sick of hearing that he wont be able to play well because of what he timed once, or because he has such bad knees. such horrible knees that he's missed all but ZERO games if my studies are correct.

now i am no where near as hardcore in scouting as many people here, nor do i claim to be. but seriously, to degrade a player so much due to one bad day and an outburst of frustration since the last time he's actually played football is just crazy to me. the same vice-versa. look at drc. many here are touting him as being a beast CB, which i will not refute because i dont think him being bad, but its basically the same deal. he played well in the bowl, scouted and tested well, etc. however from reading he quite often got burned by wr's who really weren't very good. but im not taking away that he might be good.

all im saying is that i hate putting so much thought into testing rather than field production, which is where i feel kelly ranks better than thomas. kelly showed us for a few years he can be very good and that he possesses very good hands. that is i think MUCH more important than times.

so with that, rant away:)
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: So im gunna make one of these threads too

Originally posted by evol4276
    however from reading he quite often got burned by wr's who really weren't very good.
    DRC scored more TDs as a freshmen on turnovers then he gave up playing CB all 4 years of his college career combined.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
    Last edited by yordad; 04-13-2008, 01:09 AM.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
      • Apr 2007

I could still be excited with the addition of Malcolm Kelly in this Draft. I could not, however, feign excitement- as opposed to a bit of disbelief and disappointment and a great deal of frustration- if we drafted him 11th overall.

While obviously none of us are privy to the draft boards of any team in the NFL, the reports seem to essentially agree that teams either don't believe that Malcolm Kelly warrants a first-round grade (anymore- he may never have) OR in the case of a few, Kelly has been removed altogether from some teams' boards for a myriad of reasons; usually either it's surrounding his health/durability w/his knees or his very pedestrian speed and the immaturity and lack of culpability (for his poor performance) he exhibited after his pro-day on Tuesday. And if we could very likely get Kelly at 41, it makes no sense to pry him at 11, unless we want to minimize the quality and amount of upper echelon prospects we could add to the fold. And increasingly, the indications are that he'll be there at pick #41.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

I want DRC with our first pick. That being said, of all the WRs, I want Malcolm of any of the WRs in the draft. I love his size. He catches with his hands, not his body. He isnt afraid to go after a ball in the middle and take a hit, and he had two consistant solid years.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by evol4276
          . such horrible knees that he's missed all but ZERO games if my studies are correct.
          btw, he didnt really play in the Fiesta Bowl

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
            I want DRC with our first pick. That being said, of all the WRs, I want Malcolm of any of the WRs in the draft. I love his size. He catches with his hands, not his body. He isnt afraid to go after a ball in the middle and take a hit, and he had two consistant solid years.
            A trade down makes the most sense to me.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

He could still be there in Round 2, after last week.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Buffalo will...

1. Draft a WR at #11...
                2. Trade up to the top of the second round, but not back into the first, if a perceived mid-first-rounder drops that far...
                3. Go BPA, regardless of position, for the rest of the draft.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

We are all going to fall in love with Harvey right after we draft him with our 11th pick. He gives us the biggest impact to our team right out of the gate.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I'll support whoever we pick, because I know the Bills' draft board is far superior to all of our opinions on here.

Regardless, though, we need help desperately at WR and TE, and I don't care if we trade up or down, wait untill the second and third rounds, or whatever.

All the D in the world really won't help if we fail to add some bigtime receiving weapons to this team.
                    Last edited by Jan Reimers; 04-13-2008, 08:25 AM.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                      We are all going to fall in love with Harvey right after we draft him with our 11th pick. He gives us the biggest impact to our team right out of the gate.
                      Why?

Comment

Working...
                      X