PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day Wishes

PECKERWOOD
04-13-2008, 01:23 PM
My ultimate draft wish is to have Matt Ryan some how fall to Buffalo. We've seen Brady Quinn fall last year, will it be Ryan to fall down this year? If so, there could be alot of potential trade partners who would want to trade up and get Ryan, most specifically the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons got (3) 2nd round picks this year and I could see Buffalo trading away the #11th pick for (2) 2nd round selections and their 3rd rounder. I would do backflips if the draft played out like this, we could successfully fill any hole on our team if this happened. 3 2nd round picks and 2 3rd round picks! Would love to see us draft BPA if we stockpiled this many choices.

Please Matt Ryan, fall to Buffalo! :pray:

Luisito23
04-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Unfortunetly I dont think he will fall that much...

Jan Reimers
04-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Never happen.

FlyingDutchman
04-13-2008, 01:33 PM
If the Falcons pass on a QB in the first, they should still get a shot at a pretty decent one in the 2nd. Flacco will be there, who some feel is the best QB in the draft. I dont think theyd go nuts trying to get back in to the first.

PECKERWOOD
04-13-2008, 01:42 PM
My argument is that nobody thought Brady Quinn would fall past Miami..

Atlanta would have to be licking their chops at this, a potential franchise QB at the 11th pick, that's great value.. 2 2nd round picks and a 3rd round for somebody who can potentially lead them to the super bowl. Do you think the Giants are regretting giving San Diego 2 1st round selections for Eli? Plus, they wouldn't have to pay him 3rd overall pick QB money, taking him here would keep his contract size in check.

patmoran2006
04-13-2008, 01:46 PM
There are three teams in the Top 10 that are VERY legimitate threats to draft Ryan.

1- Atlanta
2- KC
3- Baltimore

I dont see ANYWAY he gets past Baltimore. Even under your scenario if he did fall to #11 (he won't IMO). Atlanta still wouldn't give up all that to get him.. They could just stand pat and have either Brohm or Flacco with their early second rounder.

For the record: I think he goes to KC at 5. I think Atlanta will take Dorsey 3rd overall. I think KC picking 5th, will take him. CLady or Otah that's too high to take them 5th overall.

PECKERWOOD
04-13-2008, 01:58 PM
There are three teams in the Top 10 that are VERY legimitate threats to draft Ryan.

1- Atlanta
2- KC
3- Baltimore

I dont see ANYWAY he gets past Baltimore. Even under your scenario if he did fall to #11 (he won't IMO). Atlanta still wouldn't give up all that to get him.. They could just stand pat and have either Brohm or Flacco with their early second rounder.

For the record: I think he goes to KC at 5. I think Atlanta will take Dorsey 3rd overall. I think KC picking 5th, will take him. CLady or Otah that's too high to take them 5th overall.

1- Atlanta - They just cut Coleman and Jackson, why not bring in a guy like Dorsey?

2- KC - Are they ready to give up on Brodie Croyle? He showed some signs that he could be a good QB.. He has a cannon of an arm, sometimes he throws stupid picks as a result because he has too much faith in his arm. If Jake Long is here, do they pass on him? Ryan Clady would help fix up their crappy OL as well.

3- Baltimore - They have already came out and said that McNair would be their starting QB this year. Apparently they have faith in him that he can get the job done. They always go after freaks, I think Rivers could end up being a surprise choice here. McCallister and Rolle are both getting up there in years, McKelvin could go here as well.

patmoran2006
04-13-2008, 02:01 PM
1- Atlanta - They just cut Coleman and Jackson, why not bring in a guy like Dorsey?
I think they will take Dorsey.

2- KC - Are they ready to give up on Brodie Croyle? He showed some signs that he could be a good QB.. He has a cannon of an arm, sometimes he throws stupid picks as a result because he has too much faith in his arm. If Jake Long is here, do they pass on him? Ryan Clady would help fix up their crappy OL as well.
Jake Long is going to be gone, I think to Miami with the 1st pick. Ryan I predict will go there. I dont think KC likes Croyle as much as you do. I also think if they were to go OT after Long here, they would move down.

3- Baltimore - They have already came out and said that McNair would be their starting QB this year. Apparently they have faith in him that he can get the job done. They always go after freaks, I think Rivers could end up being a surprise choice here. McCallister and Rolle are both getting up there in years, McKelvin could go here as well.
I dont think they would base drafting Ryan on if he can start THIS year. McNair is old so even if he starts does he stay healthy? and he doesn't have much left in the tank either. If Ryan is gone already (I say he will be) he'd be the pick here.. If not I think its McKelvin.

Mitchy moo
04-13-2008, 03:02 PM
My wish is the Bills pick the player that will help them the most.

patmoran2006
04-13-2008, 07:21 PM
My wish is the Bills pick the player that will help them the most.Insightful like always Skooby

justasportsfan
04-14-2008, 09:18 AM
I doubt we'll take Ryan even if he's there.

kernowboy
04-15-2008, 07:01 AM
In several drafts I have seen Brian Brohm rising significantly. Despite his average senior year, it is possible that his combine/pro-day performance will help raise his stock.

Getting Atlanta will give up all their R3 selections would be excellent. It allows Atlanta to restock their DL, plus get their QB of the future as next year looks quite barren at this position, and we get the luxury of filling all our needs (WR, CB, TE) on Day1 with quality selections and not reach for any of them.