PDA

View Full Version : Gerbe 2G, 2A, in Frozen Four championship game

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-13-2008, 06:15 PM
DENVER — Nathan Gerbe no longer has to be a gracious runner-up.

Twenty-four hours after missing out on the Hobey Baker award, the nation’s leading scorer led Boston College to the NCAA hockey championship that had eluded the talent-laden Eagles the last two seasons.

“Who needs the Hobey Baker? I’ve got the national championship,” exulted Gerbe, who scored twice and added two assists in BC’s 4-1 win over Notre Dame on Saturday night.

Gerbe had a hat trick in the semifinals against North Dakota and finished his commanding performance at the Frozen Four with five goals and three assists.

The 5-foot-5 fireplug from Oxford, Mich., who led the nation in scoring with 35 goals and 32 assists, shrugged it off Friday night when he lost out to Michigan’s Kevin Porter for hockey’s equivalent of the Heisman Trophy.

With the Eagles (24-11-8) finally hoisting the trophy after losing in the title game to Wisconsin in 2006 and Michigan State last year, Gerbe danced to Kool and the Gang’s “Celebration” on the ice after the horn sounded.

“For our team to share these memories, it’s going to be footprints in each other’s hearts forever, this trophy,” said Gerbe, a junior whose NHL draft rights are owned by the Buffalo Sabres. “I’d way rather hold this than the Hobey.”
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnhl/story/322336.html

The Sabres might not care about signing their players, But they're very good of signing they're young prospects that they draft.

OpIv37
04-13-2008, 09:43 PM
**** Boston College.

Dr. Lecter
04-13-2008, 09:47 PM
At least their hockey team is better than their football team.

PS: Maybe it is you and not the team's you root for. You seem to bring a certain curse to them. I dunno.

RockStar36
04-13-2008, 09:58 PM
**** Boston College.

:rofl:

DraftBoy
04-14-2008, 09:46 AM
At least their hockey team is better than their football team.

PS: Maybe it is you and not the team's you root for. You seem to bring a certain curse to them. I dunno.

He may be on to something...Op your out!