If Denney was a big injury and Hargrove is now gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

If Denney was a big injury and Hargrove is now gone...

Why is taking Harvey a luxury pick?

We were 29th in sacks. Stroud is now the fix?

Interesting.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: If Denney was a big injury and Hargrove is now gone...

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    Why is taking Harvey a luxury pick?
    It's not our biggest need.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

I think other areas of the team need addressed first. Plus the two guys they got on the DL will help free up the Schobel and Kelsay and hopefully they can get to the QB more often.

D & S Sports

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
        I think other areas of the team need addressed first. Plus the two guys they got on the DL will help free up the Schobel and Kelsay and hopefully they can get to the QB more often.
        Does anyone really believe that our sack production will move up into the top half of the league by adding Stroud?

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

because we have our starters.. and that isnt going to change. we dont have a starter at WR #2, TE, or FB that would or could be a starter on most other teams.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            It's not our biggest need.
            The Giants proved that it is. Every team will be making improvements to get there sack totals up and get pressure on the QB. Considering we play the Pats twice a year you would think that we would see this consiering the Giants gave us the blue print for beating this team.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Does anyone really believe that our sack production will move up into the top half of the league by adding Stroud?
              If they live up to their potential, teams aren't gonna be able to run against us therefore forcing to throw all the time. Part of that potential is also their ability to collapse the pocket.

Aside from the potential of our DT's ,don't forget the potential of our lb'ers with good players in front of them.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

The Giants proved that it is. Every team will be making improvements to get there sack totals up and get pressure on the QB. Considering we play the Pats twice a year you would think that we would see this consiering the Giants gave us the blue print for beating this team.
                And Ive made this point before, if you dont think teams are going to adjust offensive gameplans/protection schemes to take care of a line of speed rushers you're insane. To think a team like New England will allow themselves to get beat over and over again by that kind of a scheme doesnt make any sense at all.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

the giants also proved you need more than 1 wr. They also proved that you have to have a better O than one thats ranked 30th. The Pats almost went undefeated because they didn't ignore their offense. Even if we draft a top DE, it isn't gonna be as good as the Ravens D when they won the sb. A top De isn't gonna score points for the O.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

the pats didnt even need a defense last year in about 16 of their wins because their offense was so good.

they could have just onside kicked it after scoring.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• historypete
                      • Feb 2005

I don't think DE is a luxary pick by any means. It makes sense, but not at #11. I just don't think we are going to let Kelsay or Schobel go after this year, and I do believe our sack production is going to increase the with recent DL and LB additions. I'd be okay going DE in round 3, or even round 2 if we trade back and get a couple additional picks.

Now,I do think WR is a more pressing issue that needs to be addressed in the 1st round. We need to significantly upgrade the offense at this point, in my opinon. I know WR has a high failure rate but our last 2 1st round WR have panned out well (Moulds and Evans) so I think we have a good track record over some teams there. I think we need to go WR and TE with the first two rounds, then we can focus on CB and DE from there.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

If he's healthy.. Yes

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

We were 30th in offense.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

He has a point when you look at the strength of the draft. TE and WR may be huge needs, but are there any worth a pick in the top half of the first round?

I think there are DE, OT, RB, DT, CB and LB that might grade out worthy of the Bills pick in the 1st that could be available to them. A player needs to grade out worthy of the pick.

If the Bills can trade down, then maybe they can address WR high, but they might not be able to do so in this draft because there may not be a lot of teams looking to deal up. If they stay where they are, they could do a lot worse than a guy like Harvey.

Comment

• ptd86
                              • Dec 2006

I would actually like the pick of harvey, but I definitly don't think its close to our biggest need. We need a starting center, starting te and starting wr. Harvey won't start hes just very good depth and will probably take kelsays spot. If de is our highest priority thats like saying lb, cb, qb,t,g, safety are all our top priorties because this team as a whole has very little depth

Comment

Working...
                              X