PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Football Game This Year???

VeggieMan14
04-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Do you guys think we will have one. I think with our showing against Dallas last year we gotta have one. Maybe not at home but at least be in one

B-DON
04-14-2008, 07:57 PM
We better get one, thats all I have to say.

OpIv37
04-14-2008, 07:57 PM
dear lord I hope not.

We always lose night games, and usually in embarrassing fashion- like the blowout by NE and the monumental choke job against Dallas. I absolutely hate having night games.

kinigirly
04-14-2008, 08:00 PM
as much as we complain about being ignored by the nfl, sometimes its for a reason :ill:

B-DON
04-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Those losses have nothing to do with this coming season. Great fans you are. Thanks guys

OpIv37
04-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Those losses have nothing to do with this coming season. Great fans you are. Thanks guys

did you appreciate getting embarrassed by Dallas on national TV? I sure as hell didn't- in fact that was easily the worst loss since the Music City Mirage.

Until this team proves they can win consistently, I don't want them anywhere near national TV. The national media and the rest of the league treats Buffalo as irrelevant when it comes to football, and when the team plays like that on national TV, it explains why.

Off the top of my head, here's our recent night game history:
2007: collapse against Dallas, blowout by NE
2006: don't recall any night games
2005: embarrassing effort against Denver on Sat night
2004: loss to NE (I think it was the game where Holcomb didn't throw for the first down)
2003: Loss to Miami

Is this what you want to show the entire country? I sure as hell hope not.

Does anyone remember the last time we actually WON a night game? 2000 maybe?

Johnny Bugmenot
04-14-2008, 08:30 PM
How is a team supposed to build a national audience if they aren't seen nationwide?

The fact that 7-9 Buffalo held their own that well against 13-3 Dallas is a remarkable feat. They made it a really good game and it's not at all anything to be embarrassed about.

As long as New England isn't the opponent, I am perfectly fine with night games.
---
Buffalo will likely get at least one. Unless you REALLY stink it up, the league tries to give a team at least one game at night. They used to give everyone a night game, but 2006 they didn't.

OpIv37
04-14-2008, 08:33 PM
How is a team supposed to build a national audience if they aren't seen nationwide?

The fact that 7-9 Buffalo held their own that well against 13-3 Dallas is a remarkable feat. They made it a really good game and it's not at all anything to be embarrassed about.

As long as New England isn't the opponent, I am perfectly fine with night games.
---
Buffalo will likely get at least one. Unless you REALLY stink it up, the league tries to give a team at least one game at night. They used to give everyone a night game, but 2006 they didn't.

are you ****ing kidding me? 6 turnovers on D, two defensive touchdowns, and we blow a 5 point lead with seconds to play. ZERO offensive touchdowns- no production from the offense whatsoever- and we just collapse when it matters most. Defensively dominating a team like that and still losing is HUMILIATING. There is absolutely no excuse for it.

Trust me- we will NEVER earn a national audience playing like that.

RockStar36
04-14-2008, 08:34 PM
They will get a MNF game. It is based on the previous season in which the Bills had a strong home game. I'm sure ESPN was pleased with the product and the fan participation. On top of that, they finished 7-9 and have potential to challenge for a wildcard spot. Not to mention MNF isn't the true "prime time" game anymore.

VeggieMan14
04-14-2008, 08:34 PM
regardless if we win or not there is something about pwatching the bills play night games. the intensity seems lke it is higher idk i like to watch them

Johnny Bugmenot
04-14-2008, 08:35 PM
did you appreciate getting embarrassed by Dallas on national TV? I sure as hell didn't- in fact that was easily the worst loss since the Music City Mirage.

Until this team proves they can win consistently, I don't want them anywhere near national TV. The national media and the rest of the league treats Buffalo as irrelevant when it comes to football, and when the team plays like that on national TV, it explains why.

Off the top of my head, here's our recent night game history:
2007: collapse against Dallas, blowout by NE
2006: don't recall any night games
2005: embarrassing effort against Denver on Sat night
2004: loss to NE (I think it was the game where Holcomb didn't throw for the first down)
2003: Loss to Miami

Is this what you want to show the entire country? I sure as hell hope not.

Does anyone remember the last time we actually WON a night game? 2000 maybe?

2001, I believe, against Jacksonville. Rob Johnson played his best games of his career at night; he also won the 2000 night game in Tennessee.

And yes, 2006, we had no night games. But no, 2004, Holcomb wasn't on the team yet; Bledsoe was the QB.

OpIv37
04-14-2008, 08:37 PM
2001, I believe, against Jacksonville. Rob Johnson played his best games of his career at night; he also won the 2000 night game in Tennessee.

And yes, 2006, we had no night games. But no, 2004, Holcomb wasn't on the team yet; Bledsoe was the QB.

ah- that game must have been 2005 then.

I'm sure you guys remember the one I'm talking about- we had the lead in the 4th- they came back and scored- we had one last chance, and on 4th and long Holcomb threw it to Moulds 5 yards short of the sticks and we lost.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-14-2008, 08:37 PM
are you ****ing kidding me? 6 turnovers on D, two defensive touchdowns, and we blow a 5 point lead with seconds to play. ZERO offensive touchdowns- no production from the offense whatsoever- and we just collapse when it matters most. Defensively dominating a team like that and still losing is HUMILIATING. There is absolutely no excuse for it.

Trust me- we will NEVER earn a national audience playing like that.

DALLAS WAS 13-3 AND MADE THEIR ENTIRE SEASON OUT OF CLUTCH COMEBACKS LIKE THAT. Plus, I believe that was one of Trent Edwards's first starts. You're blowing this out of proportion.

You have to try. You won't earn a national audience by only playing at Sunday at 1:00 in only local markets, either, no matter how good you are.

OpIv37
04-14-2008, 08:38 PM
regardless if we win or not there is something about pwatching the bills play night games. the intensity seems lke it is higher idk i like to watch them

the intensity from the fans is definitely higher because there's more pre-game drinking time.

The intensity from the team usually isn't- the D against Dallas is the lone exception in recent memory.

RockStar36
04-14-2008, 08:40 PM
I hope we get lots of night games just to piss Op off.

OpIv37
04-14-2008, 08:40 PM
DALLAS WAS 13-3 AND MADE THEIR ENTIRE SEASON OUT OF CLUTCH COMEBACKS LIKE THAT. Plus, I believe that was one of Trent Edwards's first starts. You're blowing this out of proportion.

You have to try. You won't earn a national audience by only playing at Sunday at 1:00 in only local markets, either, no matter how good you are.

dude, that was a monumental choke job. We all but had the game won and we couldn't seal the deal. Comebacks like that happen like once a decade because they require epic collapses- the kind of collapses that professionals do not allow. It was our first big game in years, and it was the closest we've come to winning a big game since the Music City Mirage- and then we blew it when it mattered most. It's been how long- 8 months?- and I still get pissed every time I think about it.

So typical of Buffalo sports- get your hopes up then tear your heart right out of your chest in an almost impossible fashion.

OpIv37
04-14-2008, 08:42 PM
I hope we get lots of night games just to piss Op off.

so, you'd allow our team to get embarrassed on national TV just to piss off some guy who annoys you on an internet message board? Some fan you are.

VeggieMan14
04-14-2008, 08:46 PM
I hope we get lots of night games just to piss Op off. lol :dance::respect:

RockStar36
04-14-2008, 09:01 PM
so, you'd allow our team to get embarrassed on national TV just to piss off some guy who annoys you on an internet message board? Some fan you are.

It's called a joke.

Lighten up.

RockStar36
04-14-2008, 09:01 PM
dude, that was a monumental choke job. We all but had the game won and we couldn't seal the deal. Comebacks like that happen like once a decade because they require epic collapses- the kind of collapses that professionals do not allow. It was our first big game in years, and it was the closest we've come to winning a big game since the Music City Mirage- and then we blew it when it mattered most. It's been how long- 8 months?- and I still get pissed every time I think about it.

So typical of Buffalo sports- get your hopes up then tear your heart right out of your chest in an almost impossible fashion.

They happen more often than once a decade.

BlackMetalNinja
04-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Anybody else expect the Toronto game to be in Primetime???

circlethewagons
04-14-2008, 09:09 PM

It seems like a decent possibility, however you would think they would have put the London game on primetime and that didnt happen last year.

BillyT92679
04-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Well, the Dolphins Giants game would have been on at something like 3:30 AM London time if it was primetime here.

I don't foresee the Bills game in Toronto being primetime. I think it will be a regular 1 PM start, and I think it will be vs the Seahawks on December 14.

Bill Brasky
04-14-2008, 09:16 PM
that would really suck and somehow i see it happening :ill: .

watch the ticket requests go through the roof.

YardRat
04-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Bring it. I want more national exposure, the results of the last few years be damned.

yordad
04-14-2008, 09:44 PM
I seriously cannot believe some of you want zero prime time games, and your reasoning is, "we lost last time". How does our last loss make it more likely we will lose the next? Or, how is losing a prime time game a bigger loss then losing a 1 pm game? Are we going to loss more fans if the game is prime time and we lose?

Does a risk of losing 43 band wagon jumpers (only two have ever been to a game)outweigh some prime time? Not if the fact people will spend up to four times the value of a prime time ticket is any indication. And, what does it do if we win?

FlyingDutchman
04-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Didnt they put that game in Mexico City on a Monday night?

RockStar36
04-14-2008, 09:56 PM
I don't know the time difference but that very well could have been the reason for the time of the Miami/NYG game.

I have a feeling that game could be in primetime and I'm perfectly OK with that. The people at the game better represent though.

Devin
04-14-2008, 10:00 PM
We choked against Dallas plain and simple. We won that game for 59 minutes and 40 seconds.

The best special teams unit in all the land couldnt recover an onside kick that everyone on the planet knew was coming.

You can sugar coat it by saying we shouldnt have won anyway, or that we hung with the tougher team, or that we had heart....etc. We gave that game away.

I agree with Op, this crap always happens on MNF or Sunday night games where we get shellacked by the F&^&*@ Patriots every friggin season.

OpIv37
04-14-2008, 10:09 PM
I seriously cannot believe some of you want zero prime time games, and your reasoning is, "we lost last time". How does our last loss make it more likely we will lose the next? Or, how is losing a prime time game a bigger loss then losing a 1 pm game? Are we going to loss more fans if the game is prime time and we lose?

Does a risk of losing 43 band wagon jumpers (only two have ever been to a game)outweigh some prime time? Not if the fact people will spend up to four times the value of a prime time ticket is any indication. And, what does it do if we win?

You know, I don't know how it's different, but somehow it is because we haven't won one in like 7 years. I really think this team just can't handle pressure.

It's not the bandwagon jumpers- it's more disrespect and just plain being ignored by the national media. We're not going to be taken seriously by losing on national TV over and over and over and over... this team shouldn't be on national TV until they prove they deserve it and can go on without embarrassing themselves.

BlackMetalNinja
04-14-2008, 10:12 PM
It seems like a decent possibility, however you would think they would have put the London game on primetime and that didnt happen last year.

Yeah, as the others mentioned London is 5 hours ahead of us, so there is no way that would have been a primetime game... Toronto on the other hand, obviously is not.

evol4276
04-14-2008, 10:57 PM

Trust me- we will NEVER earn a national audience playing like that. i tried making this arguement back when it happened. i got laughed at. bah

DrGraves
04-14-2008, 10:58 PM
each team has 16 games, and a potential to play in 16 mnf games so really every team should get to play in one home or away, that should be the rule. except that doesnt make good television. i think we will probably host some sat. or sun night games. and if we play good we will be switched into some more sunday night games like last year.

DrGraves
04-14-2008, 10:59 PM
the toronto game will be primetime. without a doubt.

jamze132
04-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Monday Night Football in Toronto?

BlackMetalNinja
04-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Monday Night Football in Toronto?
I fully expect that to be the case... or maybe a late season Saturday night game.

Michael82
04-15-2008, 08:03 AM
I prefer a Sunday Night Football game this year. MNF is :::

DraftBoy
04-15-2008, 08:06 AM
I agree, the game in Toronto will be against a good opponent (maybe the Patsies) and will be in Primetime.

FlyingDutchman
04-15-2008, 08:14 AM
OP, how do we show we can win on the national stage if we never get the shot to do so? I agree our record isnt so hot, but I say we keep plugging away instead of shying away. How are we supposed to get away from this small market team label with no games televised outside of western new york? We're a young and upcoming team, and Id love to prove this to the nation this on the national stage.