PDA

View Full Version : Will a 10-6 year without playoffs be good enough for you?

raphael120
04-15-2008, 01:32 PM
It's a winning season with a kind of rough docket of opponents...but it's still not the playoffs...will you be happy with Jauron or want him gone??

superbills
04-15-2008, 01:40 PM
That's a tough one. On one hand 10-6 isn't too bad, considering 2-3 of those losses could come at the hands of some very quality teams, i.e. The Pats (pssibly x2) the Jags and the Chargers. Given we still have a "green" QB and possibly a rookie #2 WR, I think 6 losses might be right on the mark.

However, 10 wins has you at least sniffing the post-season and it would be a true test if week 16 and 17 we had our fate in our own hands. If we do miss the playoffs with that record, it better not be because we lost one of those Dallas-like games. A loss like that Monday night game is inexcusable this year as far as I'm concerned.

raphael120
04-15-2008, 02:33 PM
I want a playoff, honestly. 10-6 means we're still not good enough to get it done, meaning Jauron & Co. weren't good enough in the 3 years they had to get it done. I'm done with the "OH we're close and we'll be good next year!"

trapezeus
04-15-2008, 02:35 PM
i'd rather go 9-7 with playoffs than 10-6 without.

This has to be a playoff year. for all involved. If jauron is credited with getting so much out of a talentless group last year, he has to show consistancy and get more out of talented group. He has to get us to the playoffs.

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 02:37 PM
playoffs or bust.

But I guarantee Jauron won't get fired if we win 10 games, playoffs or not.

Meathead
04-15-2008, 02:40 PM
anything short of the playoffs isnt good enough

but theres no way you fire a coach who gets ten wins

raphael120
04-16-2008, 01:08 PM

Yeah I think having a 10 win season is the only way Jauron can keep his job while missing the playoffs. 9 wins in this league this days doesn't cut it at all. 10 is the bare minimum and even then you're not guaranteed a playoff birth.

As Bills fans we have to remind ourselves that the goal here isn't just to (Finally) have a winning season and get solace from that, but to remember...this is about playoffs, this is about finding out we have a team that can contend in the playoffs and knowing that with this 3 year rebuilding process the people in place in the FO know what theyre doing and it's showing on the field. Look at Cleveland, they turned their team around last year, if they can do it, there is no reason we shouldn't expect Buffalo to do it.

justasportsfan
04-16-2008, 01:22 PM
playoffs or bust.

But I guarantee Jauron won't get fired if we win 10 games, playoffs or not.
:up:

djjimkelly
04-16-2008, 01:27 PM
It's a winning season with a kind of rough docket of opponents...but it's still not the playoffs...will you be happy with Jauron or want him gone??

we arent going 10-6 so this is a moot point 5/6 wins tops with roster and starting positions set as they are

SABuffalo786
04-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Missing the playoffs is never acceptable but I'm willing to give Jauron the benefit of the doubt for the year considering getting an automatic berth through the division is pretty much impossible given New England's dominance.

Typ0
04-16-2008, 01:54 PM
it's not about playoffs it's about winning it all. Jauron will be back next year it's too early to judge his success building a club even after this season.

Oaf
04-17-2008, 01:57 AM
No. I want playoffs, period. I still have never experienced a Bills postseason victory, and I haven't even experienced watching them in the playoffs since I was 10.

ddaryl
04-17-2008, 02:30 PM
If we're 10-6 I guarentee Jauron is still going to be the Bills coach.

the only way Jauron is fired is if we take a major step backwards this season.

I'm laughing at these fire the coach threads because when Marv took over we stripped down the team again and began another rebuild. Jaurons 1st 2 seasons coaching the Bills he had the team over achieving. Heck injuries alone last year dictated we should of been 4 -12 but we ended up 7-9.

i even said after the 2006 season that if we ended up 7-9 in 2007 it was a good season, and that was not accounting for the injury bug. We replaced a lot of vets in 2 years with a lot of youth and although our stats weren't great this team still found a way to give some teams a run, and we sniffed playoffs with a team that truly had no business being considered a playoff contender.

The King
04-17-2008, 02:34 PM
We havent played a game yet we are already settling?

Ickybaluky
04-17-2008, 02:37 PM

Unless you are San Diego. Or Dallas.

madness
04-17-2008, 02:41 PM

Why? Rebuilding is fun!