PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't anyone else excited?

DrGraves
04-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Maybe Goodell is just trying to save football in WNY... but whatever the reason, BUFFALO is hosting monday night football for the second year in a row. That's right! Small market Buffalo!!!!

Circle your calender this is the next best thing to Christmas!!!:dance:

I'm sick of everyones pissing and moaning and complaing boo hoo... this is awesome. Does anyone remember how awesome the Dallas game was, the commentators were saying how Buffalo was the most amazing atmosphere for a Monday Night game in a long time. Wow I can't wait people. B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!!!!!

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 05:00 PM
the dallas game was an embarrassment of monumental proportions. We dominated the game defensively and still found a way to blow it in an almost impossible fashion.

We haven't won a night game in probably 8 years.

On top of that, MNF is an afterthought now- the SNF game is the prestige game now.

It's just another loss on national TV- that's why no one is excited.

shelby
04-15-2008, 05:12 PM
i am excited for MNF....!
i enjoyed the Dallas game last season until the final seconds.

Graves, you'll adapt to the overall sense of negativity here.
:console:

Luisito23
04-15-2008, 05:12 PM
It's exciting I don't care what :op: says!!!!.......:beers:

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 05:14 PM
you won't think it's so exciting around 1 am when the game ends in a loss.

justasportsfan
04-15-2008, 05:18 PM
when was the last time we ever won anything in primetime? :idunno:

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 05:20 PM
when was the last time we ever won anything in primetime? :idunno:

someone said earlier that it was in 2000 but I don't know for sure.

YardRat
04-15-2008, 05:28 PM
I think it's great that we're at home again in primetime, and Cleveland is a good opponent for the occasion.

justasportsfan
04-15-2008, 05:32 PM
I think it's great that we're at home again in primetime, and Cleveland is a good opponent for the occasion.
the advantage is that the fans once again will show the world how loud we can be. My question is, will the team let the fans down as always?

We are fans of the biggest choke artists when it comes to big games. :ill:

patmoran2006
04-15-2008, 05:35 PM
We'll get to hear Courtesy of ESPN on Countdown To Monday Night Football about 85 minutes worth of Derek Anderson and Brown stories; and about 3.5 minutes of Buffalo Bills stuff, and half of it will be negative from that ******* Mort.

justasportsfan
04-15-2008, 05:37 PM
We'll get to hear Courtesy of ESPN on Countdown To Monday Night Football about 85 minutes worth of Derek Anderson and Brown stories; and about 3.5 minutes of Buffalo Bills stuff, and half of it will be negative from that ******* Mort.
too bad I can't :posrep: Moran for this.

njsue
04-15-2008, 05:51 PM
:snicker: Oh Yeah payback!

DrGraves
04-15-2008, 07:35 PM
you guys are killing me.. despite losing to dallas everything else about the game was awesome. and we're playing cleveland this time round. if we can't beat them in primetime at home then we dont deserve to go to the playoffs anyways.

djjimkelly
04-15-2008, 07:36 PM

ROB JOHNSON BEAT THE TITANS!!!!!!!!! week 1

yordad
04-15-2008, 07:41 PM
I think it's great that we're at home again in primetime, and Cleveland is a good opponent for the occasion.Oh yeah. I 100% agree. I would be jumping for joy if those things couldn't be flexed. I will reserve my excitement for now.

tat2dmike77
04-15-2008, 07:54 PM
you guys are killing me.. despite losing to dallas everything else about the game was awesome. and we're playing cleveland this time round. if we can't beat them in primetime at home then we dont deserve to go to the playoffs anyways.

You have to learn that if your excited about a bills game, draft pick, free agent signing then your just a dumb homer that has no football knowledge whatsoever. You are an embaressment to the football message boards and the bills themselves. As others who may have notcied are football gods and know everything there is to know about football. If these gods were given a chance they could turn the bills into a football machine.

Teams would beg for mercy from the bills but thier cries would not be heard. As the bills would dominate the league and the nfl would cease to exist. For no longer fans could no longer stand watching the bills win thier 218th game in a row and numerous super bowl titles.

So as you can see your football knowledge is garbage and being excited about a team you like is being stupid and being a homer. Oh also you have accepted mediocracry as well.

SpillerThrills
04-15-2008, 07:59 PM
you won't think it's so exciting around 1 am when the game ends in a loss.

so can we just chalk up a 0-16 season then??? we haven't drafted yet, we haven't stepped on the field yet and already we have a loss in a game that is still alomst 7 months away!

GO BILLS!!!!

VeggieMan14
04-15-2008, 08:01 PM
I am pumped:dance:

B-DON
04-15-2008, 08:04 PM

Dude, cry me a freaking river. First games start to late(4p.m.) lol, now you ***** we are on Monday night when last year everyone was throwing a fit right before the schedule came out cuz we never get any prime time games. I honestly think bills fans on this board are unhappy just to be unhappy. Every freaking thread everyday is about moaning and crying. Don't watch if its past your bedtime and you want to save yourself from watching an embarrassment. Why do you even watch football, better yet the bills?

B-DON
04-15-2008, 08:06 PM

When was the last time Norte Dame won anything on primetime? Go ***** about them.

VeggieMan14
04-15-2008, 08:09 PM
When was the last time Norte Dame won anything on primetime? Go ***** about them. Dude you shoulda brought sun tan lotion if you knew B-DON was gonna burn you so bad :roflmao:

shelby
04-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Let's not get personal here, guys.

Some of us are looking forward to the season, and some are expecting the season to suck. You can't please everyone.

Each of you has a right to your own opinions, and others have the right to have differing opions. And we should all express those opinions in an adult manner.

Thanks and :gobills:!~

HAMMER
04-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Poor Graves, his optimism got squashed by a douchey, negative post in the first reply. I'm with you Graves, win or lose it is very exciting to have a MNF game in Buffalo. Some people are just miserable and neither of us can change that.

B-DON
04-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Let's not get personal here, guys.

Some of us are looking forward to the season, and some are expecting the season to suck. You can't please everyone.

Each of you has a right to your own opinions, and others have the right to have differing opions. And we should all express those opinions in an adult manner.

Thanks and :gobills:!~
Not getting personal, but how can you even begin to ***** with the schedule we received? NFC west, a Monday nighter, and the jets and dolphins twice. Looks GREAT to me and all the other normal bills fans that don't bathe in pessimism

shelby
04-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh trust me, i am excited for this season.

i think this team has improved greatly through free agency, and i am expecting a good draft.

i think we have a shot at the playoffs this year!:up:

:gobills:

i am bummed out about losing Coy Wire though:teary:

Bill Brasky
04-15-2008, 08:37 PM
i am bummed out about losing Coy Wire though:teary:

:rofl:

shelby
04-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Seriously, Rusty, i can't afford a new jersey:teary:

DrGraves
04-16-2008, 12:37 AM
You have to learn that if your excited about a bills game, draft pick, free agent signing then your just a dumb homer that has no football knowledge whatsoever. You are an embaressment to the football message boards and the bills themselves. As others who may have notcied are football gods and know everything there is to know about football. If these gods were given a chance they could turn the bills into a football machine.

Teams would beg for mercy from the bills but thier cries would not be heard. As the bills would dominate the league and the nfl would cease to exist. For no longer fans could no longer stand watching the bills win thier 218th game in a row and numerous super bowl titles.

So as you can see your football knowledge is garbage and being excited about a team you like is being stupid and being a homer. Oh also you have accepted mediocracry as well.

oh okay, so now you're not allowed to get excited for your team or have any hope. not allowed to enjoy the primetime game atmosphere. why do you even bother then? why don't you go root for the pats. you're such a non.

DrGraves
04-16-2008, 12:44 AM
oh and how did this thread have anything to do with football knowledge? getting excited about going to/ watching a monday night game has nothing to do with that. its call being a fan. not a football analyst.

DrGraves
04-16-2008, 12:44 AM
oh and how did this thread have anything to do with football knowledge? getting excited about going to/ watching a monday night game has nothing to do with that. its called being a fan. not a football analyst.

LtFinFan66
04-16-2008, 04:47 AM
Seriously, Rusty, i can't afford a new jersey:teary:I'll buy you one.

Night Train
04-16-2008, 05:26 AM
I'll go eat dinner at Dannys that day, then walk down to the stadium after putting away a few pints.

I'll be ready. :beers:

YardRat
04-16-2008, 05:46 AM

That completely depends on how the teams perform in the weeks leading up to the game. You just might see 85 minutes of Edwards, Lynch, Poz, and Whitner also.

Except for Mort...he'll always be a dick.

Ed
04-16-2008, 11:56 AM
ROB JOHNSON BEAT THE TITANS!!!!!!!!! week 1
Rob Johnson also beat the Jags in week 4 or 5 of 2001 on Sunday night, but that game was on the road. Either way, I think that was our last prime time win.

Bring back Rob Johnson!!! :dance:

ddaryl
04-16-2008, 12:26 PM
personally I hate monday night football. I really do not want to watch football on Mondays.

I'd be happy if we only played Sunday afternoons forever.

raphael120
04-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I agree with Op wholeheartedly. Whens the last time we won a meaningful nationally televised game?

It's just Buffalo sports fan culture

justasportsfan
04-16-2008, 12:59 PM
look on the bright side. You could meeyamee and not have a single primetime game . :snicker: the douche Jim Rome finally said something worth listening to today when he said he would pay any amount of money to have the fins games taken out of his Sunday ticket . His heart broke when the fins won 1 game via a choke job. He sounded like a real fins hater that you'd think he's a bills fan.

raphael120
04-16-2008, 01:01 PM

Well you know if the Bills actually play well and Edwards is the swan song of the league at that point, then it wont be like that. But thats not ESPN's fault its the Bills fault for not having anything worth while to comment on the past decade.

justasportsfan
04-16-2008, 01:04 PM
I actually think it's a good thing we got a primetime game. It means we didn't go 1-15 last year.

Jan Reimers
04-16-2008, 01:05 PM
I think we'll end the primetime curse and beat the Browns.

justasportsfan
04-16-2008, 01:07 PM
I think we'll end the primetime curse and beat the Browns.
that would really piss off FTY.

Typ0
04-16-2008, 01:48 PM
it's funny how we refused MNF for years and now that it's not the premier broadcast of the week we get to host it.

SABuffalo786
04-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Most of the people here *****ing about MNF seem to be those who don't live in Buffalo and/or don't go to games regularly.

The Dallas result sucked major **** but anyone who was there can tell you you're out of your mind if you don't want that kind of atmosphere back at the Ralph again.

What a ****ing riot that was, can't wait for Cleveland...

OpIv37
04-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Most of the people here *****ing about MNF seem to be those who don't live in Buffalo and/or don't go to games regularly.

The Dallas result sucked major **** but anyone who was there can tell you you're out of your mind if you don't want that kind of atmosphere back at the Ralph again.

the results of all the night games for the last 8 years or so have sucked ass. Sorry, but the "atmosphere" is little consolation for a loss.l

DrGraves
04-16-2008, 03:47 PM

you're exactly right... sure it sucks that the bills ended up losing... but everything about the game was amazing.. if you couldn't enjoy that atmosphere then you probably are not a real football fan

Historian
04-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Too many seasons of systematic abuse have resulted in fanapathy.

tat2dmike77
04-16-2008, 08:20 PM
oh okay, so now you're not allowed to get excited for your team or have any hope. not allowed to enjoy the primetime game atmosphere. why do you even bother then? why don't you go root for the pats. you're such a non.

FYI Dr i was being a smartass

El Guapo
04-16-2008, 09:08 PM
the results of all the night games for the last 8 years or so have sucked ass. Sorry, but the "atmosphere" is little consolation for a loss.l

So have the results for our day games. Maybe we should request to play on Tuesdays at noon.

OpIv37
04-16-2008, 09:09 PM
So have the results for our day games. Maybe we should request to play on Tuesdays at noon.

our record in day games has been poor. Our record in night games is pathetic- we're 0 for the last 8 years.

shelby
04-17-2008, 04:27 AM
:rofl:

trapezeus
04-19-2008, 12:16 PM
the only thing that stinks about playing the browns is that a lot of cleveland fans travel. last time they were in buffalo where they sucked and we kept to like 7 yards of total offense, there were a lot of browns fans in attendence. now that they are more playoff bound than we are on paper, i'm sure they'll come in scores and be annoying.

I'd have loved to been the monday night game against seattle or some team where few of the opposing fans could show up.

Additionally, aren't we at the part of the flex schedule? so if the bills and browns looks weaker than another scheduled game, we could just get bumped back to sunday. Am i right or not? i'm not sure.