PDA

View Full Version : What happens to all of this Toronto interest if....

Patrick76777
04-15-2008, 05:15 PM
....after the election, the US economy improves and the US dollar becomes stronger and the Candadian dollar is worth ......$.70 to $.75?

Will Toronto be that attractive anymore?

justasportsfan
04-15-2008, 05:17 PM
we still need to attract more fans from that region.

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 05:20 PM
exchange rates notwithstanding, Toronto will always have more money and more people than Buffalo. If that happens, it will make luxury boxes and tickets more expensive for Canadian fans, but trust me- there will be enough who can still afford it.

Patrick76777
04-15-2008, 05:22 PM
we still need to attract more fans from that region.

Of course, but I'd bet that it would take some of the bloom off the rose.

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 05:24 PM
well you know- the economy of Buffalo sucks and the fans still buy tickets and merch. If they can suck it up, then Canadian fans can suck up a poor exchange rate (if it ever comes to that). But first, we have to win those fans over.

Patrick76777
04-15-2008, 05:24 PM
As a hockey fan, I know that back in the day, Canadian teams would have to pay salaries based on US funds. It made it difficult for them to compete.

Shocker that NegIvy disagrees!

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 05:27 PM
As a hockey fan, I know that back in the day, Canadian teams would have to pay salaries based on US funds. It made it difficult for them to compete.

Shocker that NegIvy disagrees!

what did I say that wasn't true? It's called realism, not negativity.

justasportsfan
04-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Of course, but I'd bet that it would take some of the bloom off the rose.
No one forced us to be fans of a team that is in dire need of canadian support. Maybe we should've bailed out when Flutie saved this franchise .

Patrick76777
04-15-2008, 05:30 PM
what did I say that wasn't true? It's called realism, not negativity.

Same thing you say everytime.

Truth is, and I'm sorry, I don't mean to be nasty, but I know a lot of people like you. You like getting others fired up. But I put zero value on your opinions. Even if they're right sometimes. So, it doesn't really matter what you say.

Patrick76777
04-15-2008, 05:31 PM
No one forced us to be fans of a team that is in dire need of canadian support. Maybe we should've bailed out when Flutie saved this franchise .

I was born here, I love it here and i'll never change. I live here, so I know it's not as bad as everyone thinks. We're just more blue collar and a little tight with our money. But we'll shell it out when it matters.

justasportsfan
04-15-2008, 05:33 PM
I was born here, I love it here and i'll never change. I live here, so I know it's not as bad as everyone thinks. We're just more blue collar and a little tight with our money. But we'll shell it out when it matters.
:up:

Unfortunately, it's not enough that we had to go elsewhere for help.