PDA

View Full Version : If we make the playoffs with this schedule, is it a good one then??

Mitchy moo
04-15-2008, 08:16 PM
We have been stuck with near the hardest or top ten hardest schedules in the league for many years now and it hinders us every year. We get a schedule where I can safely say above .500 before the bye is more than possible but yet fires are being lit.

If we make the F-in post season this year, will all of you who snapped about giving up one game to expand our market base post up and say oops? It drives me crazy that we get a relatively easy schedule and people complain about it, do you want a harder one with the Bills playing Miami in the Ralph??

I'll take the easier schedule and thank god we got it.

VeggieMan14
04-15-2008, 08:18 PM
if we get to the post season i could care less if we played the finsevery game to get there

hydro
04-15-2008, 08:22 PM
I just hope that the neg nancies don't go with the "Well we made it to the playoffs but it took one of the easiest schedules in the league to get there" attitude.

Mitchy moo
04-15-2008, 08:23 PM
if we get to the post season i could care less if we played the finsevery game to get there

Isn't the regular season about getting to the post season and trying to really win the thing?? Every year, a majority of mediocre teams make the post season and have a shot of winning it all. Does anyone remember that the NY Giants did not have one post-season home game and went on the road to win it all??

Make the playoffs, you have a chance. Wet your bed, you re-make it.

Mitchy moo
04-15-2008, 08:34 PM
I just hope that the neg nancies don't go with the "Well we made it to the playoffs but it took one of the easiest schedules in the league to get there" attitude.

They will do things like that no matter happens, even if we win it all they will say we should of won it the first 4 times we we're there.

You can't please blackouts but you can ignore them and hide their posts.

B-DON
04-15-2008, 08:36 PM
It is already a good schedule

shelby
04-15-2008, 08:39 PM
There are always going to be negative people who post on these boards, guys. You have to acknowledge and move on.

i, for one, am excited about our schedule and the changes that the team has made thus far!

raphael120
04-15-2008, 08:42 PM
If we make the playoffs, I'm totally cool with it even if we have to play the Dolphins 16 times.

Confused
04-15-2008, 09:06 PM
All i say is "F" those darned canadians. I hate em all........

OpIv37
04-15-2008, 09:09 PM
there really is no "good" schedule in the league- the league's too damn competitive with salary cap parity.

I think our schedule has both good and bad elements- the NE games came at good times, but the bye is too early and we don't get any division games until week 8.

VeggieMan14
04-15-2008, 09:11 PM
All i say is "F" those darned canadians. I hate em all........ that is a good motto to live by

feelthepain
04-15-2008, 09:14 PM
We have been stuck with near the hardest or top ten hardest schedules in the league for many years now and it hinders us every year. We get a schedule where I can safely say above .500 before the bye is more than possible but yet fires are being lit.

If we make the F-in post season this year, will all of you who snapped about giving up one game to expand our market base post up and say oops? It drives me crazy that we get a relatively easy schedule and people complain about it, do you want a harder one with the Bills playing Miami in the Ralph??

You're either a good team or you're not. Good teams win no matter their schedule. The schedule won't be the determining factor in the matter. Getting to the playoffs via the back door is hardly a good thing, sure you want to reach the playoffs, but you want to earn it, not have it handed to you.

YardRat
04-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Strength of schedule is only slightly more credible than 40 times at the combine. Barely. When we win, it becomes 'easier' when we lose it becomes 'harder'.

Just go out and kick ass every week and worry about taking names later.

Mitchy moo
04-15-2008, 09:43 PM
You're either a good team or you're not. Good teams win no matter their schedule. The schedule won't be the determining factor in the matter. Getting to the playoffs via the back door is hardly a good thing, sure you want to reach the playoffs, but you want to earn it, not have it handed to you.

Seattle must be a great team to get a home game every year for their first playoff game from playing superior opponents in their division. When we hand them their asses in game one, this madness might stop. If you play more teams that suck, you are more likely to win.

feelthepain
04-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Seattle must be a great team to get a home game every year for their first playoff game from playing superior opponents in their division. When we hand them their asses in game one, this madness might stop. If you play more teams that suck, you are more likely to win.

Seattle made the SB two years ago becuase they were good enough, they earned it. If they make the playoffs simply becuase they are just slightly better then everyone in their division, what good is it? You're not going to do anything in the playoffs, so whats the point. Earning the spot is where you want to be, not to be handed the spot. If you can't see the difference there's nothing I can do to help.

Mitchy moo
04-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Seattle made the SB two years ago becuase they were good enough, they earned it. If they make the playoffs simply becuase they are just slightly better then everyone in their division, what good is it? You're not going to do anything in the playoffs, so whats the point. Earning the spot is where you want to be, not to be handed the spot. If you can't see the difference there's nothing I can do to help.

Go look up strength of schedule for all the playoff bound teams for the last 3 years and then get back to me. If you can't see the difference there's nothing I can do to help YOU.

Since 2002, of the 11 teams that entered the season with -- or tied for -- the toughest schedule, only three actually made the playoffs.

<TABLE class="tablehead widetable" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=stathead style="BACKGROUND: #000"><TD colSpan=3>Season Results of Teams With Most Difficult (Based on opponents' previous season results)</TD></TR><TR class=colhead vAlign=top><TD>Team</TD><TD>W-L</TD><TD>Playoffs</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>2007 Raiders</TD><TD>4-12</TD><TD>No</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>2007 Bills</TD><TD>7-9</TD><TD>No</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>2006 Giants</TD><TD>8-8</TD><TD>Yes</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>2006 Bengals</TD><TD>8-8</TD><TD>No</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>2005 Dolphins</TD><TD>9-7</TD><TD>No</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>2004 Dolphins</TD><TD>4-12</TD><TD>No</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>2003 Cowboys</TD><TD>10-6</TD><TD>Yes</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>2003 Jets</TD><TD>6-10</TD><TD>No</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>2003 Eagles</TD><TD>12-4</TD><TD>Yes</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>2002 Bills</TD><TD>8-8</TD><TD>No</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>2002 Chargers</TD><TD>8-8</TD><TD>No</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

THATHURMANATOR
04-15-2008, 11:53 PM

What about the exact same schedule and San Fran or Seattle playing in Toronto? You act as if we were given an easier schedule in exchange for having Miami play in Toronto.

DrGraves
04-16-2008, 01:08 AM
when i first saw the schedule i thought it was pretty favorable and i still think it is. sure the fish game not being in buffalo sucks, but if we can't even sell the game out anyways then thats the FANS FAULTS so don't be pointing fingers at the nfl for moving that one to toronto. if everyone really cares about that rivalry so much how in the world could we have not sold it out last year? theres no sense in getting upset over it now, we have alot of winnable games with a team thats only getting better, so lets sit back and enjoy the season and see what happens. and im sure the fish game will be back in buffalo in 2009 so don't get out the pitchforks and torches just yet.

THATHURMANATOR
04-16-2008, 06:05 AM
when i first saw the schedule i thought it was pretty favorable and i still think it is. sure the fish game not being in buffalo sucks, but if we can't even sell the game out anyways then thats the FANS FAULTS so don't be pointing fingers at the nfl for moving that one to toronto. if everyone really cares about that rivalry so much how in the world could we have not sold it out last year? theres no sense in getting upset over it now, we have alot of winnable games with a team thats only getting better, so lets sit back and enjoy the season and see what happens. and im sure the fish game will be back in buffalo in 2009 so don't get out the pitchforks and torches just yet.
It didn't sell out once in what 15 years? What are you talking about?

Mitchy moo
04-16-2008, 06:13 AM
It didn't sell out once in what 15 years? What are you talking about?

You be the owner and look at who we are playing. What game did he have to buy all those tickets for late last season?? If you have a choice of potentially repeating that event or eliminating it, what do you do??

Mitchy moo
04-16-2008, 06:20 AM
What about the exact same schedule and San Fran or Seattle playing in Toronto? You act as if we were given an easier schedule in exchange for having Miami play in Toronto.

All I am saying is we have a schedule that gives as a better chance of making the playoffs in years, yet according to some we got screwed.

feelthepain
04-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Go look up strength of schedule for all the playoff bound teams for the last 3 years and then get back to me. If you can't see the difference there's nothing I can do to help YOU.

Since 2002, of the 11 teams that entered the season with -- or tied for -- the toughest schedule, only three actually made the playoffs.

<table class="tablehead widetable" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="stathead" style="background: rgb(0, 0, 0) none repeat scroll 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;"><td colspan="3">Season Results of Teams With Most Difficult (Based on opponents' previous season results)</td></tr><tr class="colhead" valign="top"><td>Team</td><td>W-L</td><td>Playoffs</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>2007 Raiders</td><td>4-12</td><td>No</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>2007 Bills</td><td>7-9</td><td>No</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>2006 Giants</td><td>8-8</td><td>Yes</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>2006 Bengals</td><td>8-8</td><td>No</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>2005 Dolphins</td><td>9-7</td><td>No</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>2004 Dolphins</td><td>4-12</td><td>No</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>2003 Cowboys</td><td>10-6</td><td>Yes</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>2003 Jets</td><td>6-10</td><td>No</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>2003 Eagles</td><td>12-4</td><td>Yes</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>2002 Bills</td><td>8-8</td><td>No</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>2002 Chargers</td><td>8-8</td><td>No</td></tr></tbody></table>

You just don't get it do you? Schedules don't matter to good teams, if you're a bad team you shouldn't be in the playoffs. If you're as good team and have a tough schedule you should still make the playoffs, if you don't then you know where your team stands and it's up to that team to make the adjustments to improve the next year or not.

If you're a bad team (Bills, Dolphins, Jets) and looking for a soft schedule simply to give everyone the illusion your better then you are... is what I think you are trying to express here. It's classic Bill fan logic. This is no different then Bill fans giving Trent Edwards credit before he's earned it, or spewing nonsense about the Bills having the only chance in the division to compete with the Pats and a playoff shot.

Cut the crap skoob, why on gods freen earth do you want your team to be in the playoffs by default rather then having earned the spot? Shouldn't you want your team to get over the "not winning against good teams" hump, before you look for someone to simply make it eaiser to get a playoff spot??

If your team isn't good enough to make the playoffs by their own effort, they shouldn't be in the playoffs. Basically you want your 7-9 team to face a bunch of sub-500 teams "a soft schedule" so the Bills can make the playoffs. If this is your logic, then you deserve the type of team you have.

Mitchy moo
04-16-2008, 07:30 AM
FTP, we are a team that's on the brink of having a winning record and potentially making the playoffs. Even though our record doesn't show as much improvement year to year lately, the team is gaining valuable talent that can really help us reach the next level. Our schedule is against teams that should improve as well but obviously timing has alot to do with winning as well. If Brady breaks his leg do the Pats win the AFC? We have to be ready to win against all opponents, however good or bad, every weekend.

You just don't get it do you? Schedules don't matter to good teams, if you're a bad team you shouldn't be in the playoffs. If you're as good team and have a tough schedule you should still make the playoffs, if you don't then you know where your team stands and it's up to that team to make the adjustments to improve the next year or not.

If you're a bad team (Bills, Dolphins, Jets) and looking for a soft schedule simply to give everyone the illusion your better then you are... is what I think you are trying to express here. It's classic Bill fan logic. This is no different then Bill fans giving Trent Edwards credit before he's earned it, or spewing nonsense about the Bills having the only chance in the division to compete with the Pats and a playoff shot.

Cut the crap skoob, why on gods freen earth do you want your team to be in the playoffs by default rather then having earned the spot? Shouldn't you want your team to get over the "not winning against good teams" hump, before you look for someone to simply make it eaiser to get a playoff spot??

If your team isn't good enough to make the playoffs by their own effort, they shouldn't be in the playoffs. Basically you want your 7-9 team to face a bunch of sub-500 teams "a soft schedule" so the Bills can make the playoffs. If this is your logic, then you deserve the type of team you have.

THATHURMANATOR
04-16-2008, 10:48 AM
All I am saying is we have a schedule that gives as a better chance of making the playoffs in years, yet according to some we got screwed.
NO ONE is saying we were screwed in regards to the teams we are playing. It is a fact that taking away a divisional game which is a big rivalry to us. How do you not understand?

Mitchy moo
04-16-2008, 11:06 AM
NO ONE is saying we were screwed in regards to the teams we are playing. It is a fact that taking away a divisional game which is a big rivalry to us. How do you not understand?

I think that getting your cake and getting to eat most of it is great. You cannot expect a much better schedule for us than this and it is way better than any we have received in many years. There are also time scheduling factors that play into the equation that might of gave us less than favorable secondary items, like playing NE after their bye again or many other teams as a possibility. We play NE right after their monday night Indy game and the last game of the season in our house. What is the odds that they play their 3rd stringers during that game, making it easier for us to win and make they playoffs?? You going to still be angry then and not like the schedule?

You have to take everything that you get as a whole and as a whole we got just about everything we can ask for and more.

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2008, 11:25 AM
The Rams won their Super Bowl in 1999 playing one of the easiest schedules ever.

Who cares. Playoffs is playoffs.

feelthepain
04-16-2008, 11:50 AM
FTP, we are a team that's on the brink of having a winning record and potentially making the playoffs. Even though our record doesn't show as much improvement year to year lately, the team is gaining valuable talent that can really help us reach the next level. Our schedule is against teams that should improve as well but obviously timing has alot to do with winning as well. If Brady breaks his leg do the Pats win the AFC? We have to be ready to win against all opponents, however good or bad, every weekend.

See this is where I lose all respect for Bill fans. You claim you're on the brink (OPINION)...seriously, stop the madness. The Bills were worse then the 1-15 Dolphins on both sides of the Ball the last two years (FACT), according to their stats. The Bills have not made the playoffs in nearly a decade (FACT), the longest stretch in the AFC east (FACT). The Bills won just one game in the last two years against winning teams (FACT).

I know you want people to respect your team, most people do, but the Bills aren't a good team and aren't close to being a good team. Your owner refuses to do what needs to be done to build a winning team (FACT). Accept it and stop making crap up. You tell everyone how good your team is (OPINION) or is close to being yet the only proof of this is a Bill fans opinion. No hard facts, no stats yo support the opinion, nothing. Just your opinion 7-9 is on the verge of good. No, that would be 1 games below not good.

Mitchy moo
04-16-2008, 11:55 AM
See this is where I lose all respect for Bill fans. You claim you're on the brink...seriously, stop the madness. The Bills were worse then the 1-15 Dolphins on both sides of the Ball the last two years, according to their stats. The Bills have not made the playoffs in nearly a decade, the longest stretch in the AFC east. The Bills won just one game in the last two years against winning teams.

I know you want people to respect your team, most people do, but the Bills aren't a good team and aren't close to being a good team. Your owner refuses to do what needs to be done to build a winning team. Accept it and stop making crap up. You tell everyone how good your team is or is close to being yet the only proof of this is a Bill fans opinion. No hard facts, no stats yo support the opinion, nothing. Just your opinion 7-9 is on the verge of good. No, that would be 1 games below not good.

Remember, the Bills we're 2 plays away from being 9-7 and your team was 2 plays away from being 0-16. Please stop trying to say the dolphins have anything up on the Bills, the Win / Loss column cannot lie. It's really hard to believe that a team that wins 6 more games during the regular season can be called a lesser team for any reason, seriously.

feelthepain
04-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Remember, the Bills we're 2 plays away from being 9-7 and your team was 2 plays away from being 0-16. Please stop trying to say the dolphins have anything up on the Bills, the Win / Loss column cannot lie. It's really hard to believe that a team that wins 6 more games during the regular season can be called a lesser team for any reason, seriously.

Skoob you're going to continue and look at your 30th ranked offense and your 31st ranked Defense and tell everyone your team is on the brink? How is it your team can be nearly last in the league on both sides of the ball statistically, yet be on the brink of a playoff team? You look at whatever you have to, to convince yourself your team is better then they are. Fact is 4 of your 7 wins came against the Dolphins and Jets. The Bills had a winning record against teams that were a combiined record of 26-54. I think you're clearly a homer looking to crown your team for nothing at all.

THATHURMANATOR
04-16-2008, 12:30 PM
FTP the Phins were 1-15 last year. SHUT THE **** UP ALREADY.

mysticsoto
04-16-2008, 12:41 PM
The Bills were worse then the 1-15 Dolphins on both sides of the Ball the last two years

:lolabove:

feelthepain
04-16-2008, 01:10 PM
FTP the Phins were 1-15 last year. SHUT THE **** UP ALREADY.

Oh I forgot, only Bill fans can talk trash for no reason at all.

THATHURMANATOR
04-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Oh I forgot, only Bill fans can talk trash for no reason at all.
We did beat the Phins twice last year.

hydro
04-16-2008, 01:20 PM
The Rams won their Super Bowl in 1999 playing one of the easiest schedules ever.

Who cares. Playoffs is playoffs.

You are preaching to the choir my man.

feelthepain
04-16-2008, 01:24 PM
We did beat the Phins twice last year.

So, we own the the Bills lifetime it's so one sideded, you'll be long gone before the two teams have the same win/loss record against each other. It's irrelevent, besides I'm not here saying the Dolphins are better then the Bills. I'm saying the Bills suck too, cause they do. It's not trash talking it's simply a fact.

Mitchy moo
04-16-2008, 04:45 PM
So, we own the the Bills lifetime it's so one sideded, you'll be long gone before the two teams have the same win/loss record against each other. It's irrelevent, besides I'm not here saying the Dolphins are better then the Bills. I'm saying the Bills suck too, cause they do. It's not trash talking it's simply a fact.

If there was facts to build on here I might give you some response but it's not worth it.

feelthepain
04-16-2008, 07:59 PM
If there was facts to build on here I might give you some response but it's not worth it.

It's OK Skoob, I know you're bias. There's no other explination for a fan to think their team is good or on the brink after nearly a decade out of the playoffs, have nearly the worst offense and defense and a HC with a losing record.

DrGraves
04-16-2008, 08:06 PM
dude. ted ginn jr. sucks.

VeggieMan14
04-16-2008, 08:08 PM
dude. ted ginn jr. sucks. lol totally random but i love it:respect:

feelthepain
04-16-2008, 08:12 PM
dude. ted ginn jr. sucks.

dude....so does Trent!

VeggieMan14
04-16-2008, 08:18 PM
dude....so does Trent! say what you want about trent he wasn't even a first round pick and he actually helped our team a little bit

ScottLawrence
04-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Skoob you're going to continue and look at your 30th ranked offense and your 31st ranked Defense and tell everyone your team is on the brink? How is it your team can be nearly last in the league on both sides of the ball statistically, yet be on the brink of a playoff team? You look at whatever you have to, to convince yourself your team is better then they are. Fact is 4 of your 7 wins came against the Dolphins and Jets. The Bills had a winning record against teams that were a combiined record of 26-54. I think you're clearly a homer looking to crown your team for nothing at all.

You can give me all the statistics you want, but the only one that matters is the win loss column. The Bills went 7-9, and came pretty darn close to making the playoffs last year and only improved in the offseason and should continue to with the draft next week.

VeggieMan14
04-16-2008, 08:32 PM
You can give me all the statistics you want, but the only one that matters is the win loss column. The Bills went 7-9, and came pretty darn close to making the playoffs last year and only improved in the offseason and should continue to with the draft next week. exactly if you wanna talk stats go ahead but if you really look they dohnt always make the difference

Mitchy moo
04-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Stats help compare your team with the rest of the league but you still have a game on sunday to win.

feelthepain
04-16-2008, 10:56 PM
You can give me all the statistics you want, but the only one that matters is the win loss column. The Bills went 7-9, and came pretty darn close to making the playoffs last year and only improved in the offseason and should continue to with the draft next week.

Really? What did your wins get you last year? Here's the answer...the same thing our stats gave us, NOTHING! Wins only matter for winners, not losers. The Bills haven't been winners sice 99. The last time the Dolphins were winners was 05.

feelthepain
04-16-2008, 10:58 PM
Stats help compare your team with the rest of the league but you still have a game on sunday to win.

And you still have to win more games then you lose to have a chance at being good. Whens the last time that happened for the Bills??